715 South Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

Hotels.com Travelocity Priceline.com

• Key West Weekend

We spend two days at this Bed and Breakfast. I was nicely surprised with the pillow-top bed and the shower head in the room. Continental breakfast was served by the pool.
    Room service needs improving, the laid back attitude of the Key West crowd does not excuse the laid back attitude of room service.

More about Alexander Palms Court

Don't pass this one up.......

We visited the Alexander Palms July 5th thru July 8th, 2005. Originally, I wanted to stay at a different B&B but unfortunately, the place closed before our planned vacation. Therefore, our reservation was transferred to the Alexander Palms. I have to admit that I was somewhat nervous and suspicious at first when my reservation was transferred. I really did not know what to expect. I decided to go with it and keep the reservation and boy was I glad I did. I took my niece on this trip w/ myself and my husband and boy did we really enjoy the set-up. When we first arrived, we were all extremely pleased. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We were given a "cottage" in the very back and could not be more pleased with the results. The rooms in the place were just the right size and were extremely cozy. The bed and futon were both very comfortable and the place was very, very clean.

The pool was amazing. The place gets locked up at 6:00 pm but the guests are provided a key to unlock the gate if you should happen to be out after 6:00 pm. I really liked this because I felt very secure. Also since this B&B is not like a busy hotel with tons of people around, the pool never closes. You can stay and swim as long as you do not disturb the other guests. However, the place is so quaint and laid back that everyone comes out at night to relax by the pool w/ the other guests. Everyone just hangs out w/ everyone else. If you do not want to hang out than you can stay in your room since they are very comfortable and inviting.

I would highly recommend staying at the Alexander Palms if you are searching for a quaint B&B off the beaten path but close enough to the main drag. It was very easy to walk to Duval Street. If you don't want to walk it is very easy to get a cab to drive you for a reasonable price.

It is a good and safe place for a family as well as a romantic place for those looking for a quiet, cozy place to hang out.

I know that I will be returning to Key West in the future and I am certain that I will be staying at the Alexander Palms.

Solid choice on a budget

by TripAdvisor Member liveshot

I stayed at the Alexander Palms for one night while in Key West this spring. If you don't mind walking (and you shouldn't if you're in Key West), it's a smart option. The location is close to the beaches on the south side and within a pretty fair hike (20 mins or so, 15 if you're hauling) to the state park beach (which I highly recommend). Duval is a couple blocks to the south, but it's the far end of Duval. You'll have maybe 5-10 minutes to get into the thick of it all. The surrounding area is primarily residential with a few hotels and resorts thrown in. It was quiet, which you should make note of if you're not planning on whooping it up while in town. I didn't get a gay/anti-gay vibe from the place, but I wasn't looking for one, either.

The hotel itself is one level, with rooms surrounding a nice pool area. The pool's not huge, but certainly big enough for a morning or afternoon dip. It's an older hotel, so expect some chips out of the tub porcelain, etc. Rooms are old school. Mine was tiled and I flip-flopped around the room, but it felt clean. Bedding is excellent, towels okay (think guest towels from your house that probably should go into the normal use rotation). The kitchenette was a nice surprise and has a fridge and a stove. So, if you're staying a few nights and want to make lunch or dinner and eat by the pool, that's a plus.

It's nothing fancy but certainly pleasant. Breakfast will get you out the door with something in your stomach, but it's going to be run-of-the-mill rolls, etc. The staff was helpful on my checkout day, saying they had room for me to stay parked in the few spaces they have in front. If the hotel's booked solid, parking might be a problem. Also, check the phone number you're given when you reserve through Expedia, etc. Mine was off, but a call to information solved the problem. Given the prevailing prices in Key West, it's a very good option for more local flavor than a chain. I'll poke around for other cool places if I ever come back, but I'd stay here again.

Nice & Quiet

My husband and I enjoyed our stay - arrived right after Christmas thru New Years Eve day. Very nice property. Only 10 units. Good size pool. Don't count on the "Cont. breakfast" Very strong coffee, orange juice, bagels and english muffins. Very good place for couples or adults. All but 2 rooms open to the pool. It even looked like some people never left the motel. Always around the pool. Its a good 1-1/4 mile walk to Mallory Square but its great exersize. Just make sure you get enough towels (had to always ask for bath towels) No overnight front desk. Hours are from 8:30 am to 6 p.m. - so if you need anything after that - you're on your own.. (The gate does locked at 6 pm until 8:30 am - and yes, you do get a key - just don't lose it. Very good value for the money ...

Awesome Host

by TripAdvisor Member mike33613

Our 2 night stay at the Alexander Palms Court was awesome. Our host/Inn Keeper Landon was great. The pool was heated and he even offered us a cold beer by the pool. We felt welcome from the get go. Landon pointed us to the best hot spots, made reservations for us at restaurants and even booked a snorkling excursion! Any question we had he had the answer. The service was just wonderful. The room we stayed in was a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen...with a blender perfect for making drinks and staying by the pool. The court yard was so relaxing. I will stay here again when I return to key west!

Clean and tidy but in obvious need of updating.

by TripAdvisor Member paulanewton

Stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. Friendly staff. Good location as not too far from Duval Street. (although I preferred to take the car in the evenings). Clean and tidy, but in obvious need of updating and decorating. I would not stay here again unless it has been updated etc.

Peace at the Palms!

by TripAdvisor Member dallasdane

I stayed at the Alexander Palms with my husband in July, just one night, but it felt like longer as we relaxed straight away when we got there. That might have been because the super-friendly clerk gave us a beer straight away! that set the mood for our trip, and we relaxed into the Key West spirit fast. The property was perfectly located for us - within walking distance of the attractions (!) of Duval St but far enough so that it was peaceful. We are not yet 30, but didn't feel like partying, so that was perfect. Our room was really cute, we both loved the 50's style, and the courtyard setting was great. breakfast was very nice the next day, and saved us having to trawl down the street for a cup of coffee. I would thoroughly recommend it to my friends.

Nice place, but

my fiance and i stayed at the APC for 4 nights in nov 2006. upon arrival we were pretty excited to be in Key West and were initially pleased with our accommodations. Our unit was nice, and seemed clean enough. Rather old though and in need of some sprucing up. we did not know we were having a full kitchen - nice feature but we did not really need it. we were simply hoping for a refrigerator, not a complete kitchen. Bathroom was tiny, cracked tile on the floor of the bathroom and shower. Jalousie windows throughout the unit. The jalousie window in the stall shower was missing a glass slat, so warm air was constantly coming in, along with all outside noises, in addition to the cigarette smoke from the couple next door who must have been smoking on their little porch outside their unit. The two air conditioning units really did not work too well. THe entire unit was tiled, so we pretty much wore our flips flops at all times. The bed was very nice and comfy. The pillows left a little to be desired. The pool and the pool area are very nice and well kept, beautiful landscaping. Landon, the innkeeper, was fantastic, so friendly and offering advice and recommendations, and always asking if everything was OK and if we needed anything. However, one of the other innkeepers (when Landon was off), was not so great. Just very unfriendly, not once did she ask if we needed anything. Breakfast by the pool was very nice.
Bottom line - i thought it was a little pricey for what it was. We paid a higher rate because it was boat race time. we were not there for the boat races though, but apparently and unfortunately all hotels and guest houses increase their rates during the boat races.
Would I stay there again - not sure. I am not very picky, but when i am away i like to have all the comforts of home and then some, and i'm not so sure i had that.
The two best things - the pool and landon.

Nice stay at the APR

by TripAdvisor Member charts

My wife and I stayed at Alexander Palm for three nights over Thanksgiving. The motel is a little dated but the room was very clean and spacious with a full kitchen and private porch. We paid $143 with taxes per night. I believe we got our monies worth. Free parking right in front was nice. The pool was clean and warm. The breakfast was lame as compared to other B&B's. Just coffee and juice with bagels and fruit out of a Del Monte can. The property is small with about 10 rooms with various layouts all around the pool. The property was very quiet, very little road noise. We walked all over Old Town from this location. Louie's is just a few blocks away. As is Alice's and La Te Da. Mallory Square is about a mile away. We like to walk, but do wear comfortable shoes! We had a nice lunch at Kelli's and a killer dinner at Michael's. We travel to Key West many times a year and would recommend trying all the B&B's. But for the $ and a short stay and full kitchen, I would give this a 7 out of 10.

Great Guest House

by TripAdvisor Member Shane&Judy

Pretty close to perfect. Large rooms and a very warm swimming pool. Great for families. Staff were friendly and helpful. The location is close to Duval, but quiet.

Comments