Alexander's Guesthouse

1118 Fleming St., , Florida, 33040, United States

More about Alexander's Guesthouse

Home from Home

by TripAdvisor Member nickswlon

I called Philippe from Key West airport and went to stay for 3 days.

The moment you walk into the lobby, you feel at home and my room was spotless. The happy (2) hour(s) was a great time to meet the other guests, who turned out to be very friendly. The barman was gorgeous and looks like Carlos from Desperate Housewives!

Alexanders thoroughly deserves 5 stars both for its facilities and the friendliness of the team who run it. Philippe was charming and recommended places to eat (Bo's for lunch - yum!) and organised a dolphin trip for me.

Go stay and experience the great hospitality.

Wonderful week

by TripAdvisor Member ezzy4751

Alexander's is a charming Key West guesthouse with extremely friendly and helpful staff. They always had wonderful suggestions and helped set up tours, etc. The decor is stylish and modern, with really pretty lush plants everywhere. Breakfast was top notch. The only downside (and this is very minor) is that the location is a little far from Duval, but we enjoyed the long walks and actually liked being in this very quiet part of town. Definitely hope to stay there again soon.

Really enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member gkkii

We really enjoyed our stay at Alexander's. So much so, we're planning another trip before the end of the year. The staff is attentive and courteous, and the common areas comfortably arranged and well maintained. I was slightly disappointed with the condition of our particular room, but will try another next time. Nice place, nice stay and nice people.

Beautiful, tasteful and thoughtful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Blosso

Everyone here was so lovely to us, the whole place is so pleasing to eye and even smells great! Pool, jacuzzi, immaculate cleanliness, very tasteful decor. Every little thing thought of sun cream, repellent etc. freely available. Totally 5 star place. Breakfast was wonderful. Happy hour: amazing umbrella drinks for free, well, you can't say fairer than that. Must be the best place to stay in Key West. We are a straight bunch of friends and found Alexander's to be equally welcoming to all people.

Great place, great people

by TripAdvisor Member gdhardy

We stayed at Alexander's only for two nights for a quick weekend getaway. I can't wait to go back. The accomodations are warm and inviting, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the included breakfast is far from your typical "Continental " fare.

Phillippe was a great help with everything we needed. Steve the bartender gave great advice on where to eat. It seems from the people we met that many of them have been coming back year after year. We will be back too.

Best Gay Guesthouse in Key West!

by TripAdvisor Member FelixT

My partner and I just had an overnight stay at Alexander's. Drove down from Miami (a 4 hour drive: 1/2 of which is rather amazing)
The staff could not have been more welcoming. The guesthouse, actually a compound of 3 buildings, has been renovated with amazingly good taste, this coming from someone in the 'design biz'.
Our room, tasteful, well appointed, comfortable. I liked the fact that both gay men and women are welcomed. The house is located on a quiet street, a comfortable walking distance away from the main tourist strip on Duval. Our only downfall was the weather, it rained on day two, making that 4 hour drive back less than amazing. We were there at the beginning of June. I'd love to go back for a longer stay but next time I'll definitely avoid the rainy season!
Steven..New York

Wonderful. Made our vacation

by TripAdvisor Member pittsburg

The guesthouse was wonderful. We drove from Miami airport (31/2) hours arrived at the guesthouse and was greeted with happy hour (happy hour daily from 4:30-6:30). Matt was so friendly and nice (bartender) and served us our drinks. We stayed for 7 nights and sampled a variety of rooms. We stayed in rooms 11, 14&15. They were all lovely. My favorite was room 14. We did get a sneak peak at the apartment and wow it is gorgeous. If you can afford it, splurge for the apartment. The breakfast was great. Fresh fruit, bagels, fresh muffins, quiche, waffles, juices, coffee etc. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We visited Bahia Honda Beach ( which was recommended by Frank (or Fred, sorry I can't remember his name). He gave us chairs and a cooler to take to the beach. The beach was awesome. He also recommended Fort Zachary Beach (great beach ) The staff also had recommendation for places to dine. They were right on. The food was great. We did not have one bad meal while we were there. The staff was great. The other two bartenders, Steve (aka-JFK jr. Men this guy is hot. Stay away he is married) and Ralph were great. They made the best drinks. Laurie (worked at the front desk) was also very friendly. Gorgeous. ( Stay away ladies, she straight.) I would definitely stay here again. The guest were a mix of both men and women. Very friendly guest. The staff was friendly, professional, and instrumental in making our vacation memorable.

You won't be disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member pogosadventures

This vacation was my 3rd trip to Alexanders and I took a new crew this year. As usual noone was disappointed. The staff including housekeeping is exceptional. They do all they can to make sure your time is stress free and your needs are met. I frequently travel throughout the US and when traveling to Key West would not stay at another location unless Alexander's was just not there. If you go and are a dog lover ask for the owner to bring out Monkey--he is precious!

Absolutely Amazing Place!

by TripAdvisor Member AshEm

Such a helpful and friendly staff to go along with a beautifully decorated guesthouse. Although it is a bit of a distance from the main strip, it was quiet while still being a lively environment. We rented bikes and enjoyed the easy commute to wherever we wanted to go. The complimentary continental breakfast was incredible and went until 11am. The complimentary cocktail hour (430pm-630pm) was so wonderful. We had a great stay and plan on returning to this guesthouse if/when we travel to key west again.

A Fantastic Week

by TripAdvisor Member pic60

I booked my stay from the web-site and had not stayed there before. I was so pleased with my stay That I booked the same week next year. The staff is amazing and the resort is beautiful. I'd highly reccomend the property.

Sloppy Joe'sSloppy Joe's

Cruise ship, Key WestCruise ship, Key West

Turtle KraalsTurtle Kraals

On Safari, Fantasy Fest, Duval Street,  2010On Safari, Fantasy Fest, Duval Street, 2010

Any Suggestions?

by SandSack

We will be in Key West June 3-7 (first visit)......will anyone else be there? lol. If so, best places for tropical drinks, music etc?

by coco18530

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville (the original)

by coco18530

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville (the original)

by Peter_krynicki

Alonzo's Oyster Bar at the Key West Bight has 1/2 priced apps and drinks during happy hour, 4:30 - 6:30; three types of peel-yer-own, steamed clams, o-rings, etc. The Half Shell Raw bar a little farther along the Bight has .50 each oysters during thier happy hour which lasts a little longer.

There is a Tiki bar at the sunset pier at the Ocean Key Resort, 0 Duval Street. One of the bar-tenders, Al, makes the best Bloody Mary's and Margeritas on the island. They also serve draft micro-brews. You can sit there and generally listen to live music and watch the sunset.

Pjk