Ambrosia Key West

Expedia.com Hotels.com Official Site

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Fantastic Bed and Breakfast

When I rate a motel or a bed and breakfast I start with a 3 "Satisfied" then the place and the people add or subtract from there. Good ways to raise the rating of your place is to be in a convenient location to things I want to do, or to have nice, helpful, friendly people working there, or pay attention to the little things, the details. Ambrosia accompishes all three. It is conveniently located to the harbor, the old town and most museums. When I arrived, I was met by a very nice young woman named Lexi. The room had some nice extras like herbal teas and coffees and even an umbrella should it rain. By the pool there are towels, sunscreen and hand lotion for you to use. Lexi even told me I could take a couple of towels with me on my trip to the Dry Tortugas. There is fresh tea available on the patio by the pool along with lots of bottled water. The staff treats you like family and understandably they get a lot of repeat business. I highly recommend staying here during your trip to Key West.

Note that this is not inexpensive; but nothing is in Key West.

• Very nice place

Stayed in Ambrosia Too in Nov -03. Very nicely decorated both inside and exterior. Very clean! Romantic with palmtrees and flowers, birds and two pools not very large but one is lit up at night and you can take a dip in the evening if you don´t make to much noice.. Everywhere you look you will notice little details like scented candels and small statues etc. Our room (poolside room) was elegant and clean with a nice private bath and lots of thick towels.The furnishing was in light ash and the floor in marble. good A/C and a fridge and coffee maker with free coffe and water bottles. Ironing board in closet and robes to lend during the stay. Beach towels at reception free of use.
    Staff wery friendly and discret and service minded. Breakfast was really good with fresch tropical fruits, different cereal and yougurth and coffe/the. Bagels, toast and muffins, and different juices.
    We had no problem with parking outside, the staff helped us.
    Rate 150 usd due to a holiday, otherwise it would have been 130usd /night (late nov) Perfect location in Old town.
    Loved it!

Unique Quality: Perfect location. Beautiful garden and room, clean pools. Yummy breakfast. Service minded staff!

Directions: Turn right on Duval street if you go towards the pier and mallory square. The street is a one way street

More about Ambrosia Key West

Great Bed and Breakfast in Key West

by Basaic about Ambrosia Key West

Note that this is not inexpensive; but nothing is in Key West.

Ambrosia & No Place Else!

I've stayed at several different hotels and B&B's in Key West over the years - this was first at Ambrosia House. Ambrosia is absolutely best in it's class - no...Ambrosia House is over and above any other accomodations of choice. Beginning with the reservation experience thru check-out, Kate, Marilyn - everyone - made you feel that you were personally being welcomed 'home'. With all the choices available, Ambrosia goes over and above expecations regarding cleanliness, courtesy, and quality - our first morning there my wife and I did not hit the breakfast gazebo until 'closing', yet the hostess let us take our time and went as far as mentioning that she had just purchased a killer watermellon and asked if we would enjoy a fresh cut...all staff was just as wonderful: we were not able to stay in the same room 4 nights in a row (had to do a 2 and 2), and I'll tell you what - this turned out to be the best situation as we experienced two totally awesomes suites (TreeTop and Zeke's) and the staff moved everything while we were out enjoying several cold drinks on the beach. Perfect, did not have to do a thing! Ambrosia has the ultimate 'personality' and feel - very close to Duval, beaches, harbor, but extremely private, quiet, and safe. If you are fortunate enough to stay in Zeke's, keep all the french doors open AT ALL TIMES! It's the most private wonderful place you'll ever experience. Thanks Kate, Marilyn, everybody else! We WILL see you next year - Ambrosia House is the only place we'll stay from now on. John & Julie

Tropical feel

Had our own private cottage, which lent a secluded feel to our stay. Stayed in "Bob's Place" this time around, which included a wonderful skylight over the bed. Would definitely try Ambrosia again.

So relaxing, and well designed

Really a great choice if you are looking for a B&B with class and no kitch. We found the staff, the rooms and the property to be very nice and even better than on their website.

I got to see a few of the rooms during my stay there and have to say overall the design of the rooms are simple, classy, and have a nice hint of tropical. We don't like "theme" hotels and this inn was certainly what we were looking for.

I thoroughly recommend staying in the pool suite (either #104 or 111) as they are much nicer/bigger than the poolside rooms. The pool suites (are not suites but are large) have a king bed and large bathroom, also feature your own front porch great for having your evening drink. One tip: bring your own bug spray. While the Inn does provide sunblock (a nice benefit) the mosquitos at dusk (all over the island) are not so friendly. But that has nothing to do with the hotel.

The pools (3 available pools) were a pleasure to swim in.

Not all that great

We had to stay at the Ambrosia for only one night. I booked the treehouse suite prior to our arrival. The room was diappointing. It was really out of date and the small window unit AC could barely keep the room cool. The bathroom and extra sitting room stayed really warm. Compared to the other BnB that we stayed at during our trip, this room was not as nicely furnished or decorated. The grounds however were really nice and there were plenty of pools. Unfortunately, we had to leave early in the morning and did not get to try out the breakfast.

Loved the Ambrosia

My friends and I had a wonderful stay at Ambrosia on Fleming Street in Key West. From the initial phone contact, helpful directions for the road trip, handicap accomodations, delicious breakfasts in the courtyard, the cleanliness of the property, and the wonderfully helpful and friendly staff. My friends and I will definitely return. They made us feel like family.
Sincerely,
Donna Jill Weidman

A pleasure!

by TripAdvisor Member mikez

A recent stay (7/21-28) here was an unexpected pleasure. We, as travelers always arrive at new location(Inn, Hotel,B+B) with a bit of apprehension. We have stayed in KW before at the Pier House and Marquesa and now have a new favorite place to stay.The Ambrosia Two , rm 111 the Tree Top 2 was a perfect room for us: lets start with the very Large deck overlooking one of 3 pools (2 pools are at the Ambrosia 2 location), cushioned sofa and chairs and table with a swinging porch seat, great place to have that morning coffee or afternoon cocktail.The room was quite Large my wife and I were not bumping into each other even with all the dressers and tables in there. We had a very comfortable King bed with more than enough dresser drawers even for us , we do over pack.The bath was again, large by hotel standards to include shower/bath mini-fridge, coffee maker( they provide more than enough coffee+ bottled water every day) wall to wall closet and another wicker piece with more shelf and drawer space.The A.C. unit kept our room quite cool even during those hot+ humid july days.
Continenal breakfast is served everyday in the poolside gazebo at (9am, if your in need of an earlier or heartier fare, they'll recommend places/ if you've been to KW before you know where to go).The grounds are well kept as are the pools.The housekeeping staff seem to know thier jobs and do them quite well, any special requests, they give a hand if possible. The front desk, Tina in particular, but everyone always made us feel welcome and gave us more recommendations than we could possibly use, was a pleasure to deal with.Thanks again Tina for helping with my fishing trip.
All in all a pleasant experience, clean ,large room, pools, lovely gardens, an experienced and well trained staff and close to the night life on Duval St. and the Seaport make this a special place. Tired of hotel chains? Give Ambrosia a try.
P.S. Kate Miano owner/Inn keeper of Ambrosia ,a few months ago purchased the Gardens another travelers favorite and is restoring it .

can't wait to go back

i couldn't find a thing not to like about the ambrosia house, and I can be hard to please! It is so close to duval street, but still feels so private. The staff was incredible... very relaxed, friendly, and helpful. Such a fun bunch of people. The grounds were very clean, very tropical, I felt suspended in time. Our room was comfortable.. inviting, clean, and refreshing. This place is quiet, lush, whimsical, with a drowsy yet inspiring feel to it! I am definately looking forward to staying there again, I want to experience every different room!!! one word of advice... once you park your car.. it would be best to leave it... parking seemed a bit sparse... but that could have just been the time I was there. But on a final note... i would park as far as i needed to because once I arrived... Troubles were the last thing on my mind!!!!!

Ambrosia Key WestAmbrosia Key West