Avalon Bed and Breakfast Key West

Avalon Bed and Breakfast
Booking.com Priceline.com

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

The Quiet End of Town

I have not stayed here but it looks like a nice place. It is on the Atlantic side of the island, far away from the Mallory Square excitement. I do not know if parking is included.

More about Avalon Bed and Breakfast Key West

Good Key West Choice

Stayed at the Avalon B&B for two nights, rooms were simple and well appointed, very clean. Simple healthy breakfast. If you are coming in late, arrange for a parking pass ahead of time. Parking is about a block away. Good location in Key West, the active end of Duvall was a brisk but manageable walk away. If you are allergic to cats, be warned there are two on the property. I usually have problems around cats, but everything was so clean I was OK at the Avalon!

Charming, friendly, quiet, reasonable. Great!

by TripAdvisor Member ManyFacedTMan

At the quiet end of Duval St, only 10 minute walk from the lively end of town. Doug & Yvonne could not have been more helpful if they tried. They have a wealth of info that they are willing to share even if you don't ask. Even sorted out a boat trip for us without any fuss. A charming property, clean and comfortable. Yes the pool is small but perfect for a quick dip and a good way to meet people! The Southernmost over the road has a nice big pool on the beach which can be used for only $5 including a free drink so it's not a problem really.

Like a Spa!!

by TripAdvisor Member EMBguy

My wife and I stayed for 3 days mid week (149$ for small room). Wife was thrilled. Huge bed, with beautiful white netting overtop. Room was immaculate throughout, smelled wonderful, with small bathroom but had great tiled shower with lovely bath products. Staff were extremely friendly.

Courtyard/pool was indeed small and we never used, but Southernmost house at end of Duval (1 block away) had tremendous $5 deal for use of pool, free drink, and waterfront sunbathing!

Breakfast at Avalon was on the huge veranda and was fresh, great coffee and full of womderful ambiance. Highly recommend!!

Love it here

I stayed in the honeymoon suite, and my guests in many of the rooms for my wedding last month. Everyone I spoke to had nothing but great things to say about the quality of the rooms, the staff and their overall experience at the Avalon. I know I am not alone in saying that I will definitely stay here on my next visit to KW.

Subtle Elegance in Key West

My wife, son, daughter-in-law and myself spent one night here on a quick weekend trip to Key West. We wish it could have been a week. The Inn was wonderful, the room was large, clean and came with two ceiling fans. The second story porch is also a wonderful place to talk and meet other guests in the evening. The Inn is located on the quiet end of Duval Street with several good restaurants and sites within easy walking distance. The breakfast was above average but the real highlight was the hostess. Not only was she extremely knowledgable and helpful to us, but I observed the same with several other guests. She is the gem of the Inn! I highly recommend this Inn for anyone staying in Key West who wishes a clean, quiet and elegant place to say. I only wish we were going back soon.

Really nice B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Rickard

Stayed here 8 years ago and I will say the time has not changed since then. Still a really nice B&B with a really good location to many things as beach and the southernmost point. The room was really nice but I think they try to cover something up with those air refresher things in the power plugs, but the house is old without good ventilation so I think mould will be impossible to avoid. The two women who run it are just great; they are really friendly and just adorable.

Will definitely come back here next time!

Our home away from home in Key West!

My husband and I just had our second stay at Avalon, the first as 20 something newlyweds, and just this week as 30 something parents of a 6 month old on his first vacation. This B&B is the most wonderful place! Yvonne, Caroline and the rest of the staff are the sweetest and they work so very hard to make your stay perfect from beginning to end. Avalon is top notch when it comes to comfort, cleanliness and a relaxed atmosphere. Breakfast on the porch overlooking Duval St is a great way to start your day, relax by the pool or take a short walk to the beach in the afternoon, walk to the sunset festival at Mallory Square and wind down on the upstairs porch in the evening. . .you'll never know what you'll see. . .even on the "quiet" end of Duval!

What a Gem

|On our short trip to Key West while vacationing in Florida we were lucky to find the Avalon. What a Gem. Pefect location. Walking distance to everything but in a quiet location. Wished we could have stayed longer. The rooms were spotlessly clean and the complimentary breakfast on the front porch was a woderful start to the day. We loved sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine in the evening.
Yvonne and Caroline the hosts were both full of great recommendations for daytime activities (Loved the Danger) and dinner suggestions. We shopped prices and the surrounding hotels were all more expensive. The pool is small but refreshing. Hope to be back next vacation. Great value

Wish we were still there!

by TripAdvisor Member kellilou3

I searched profusely for a good deal for our three nights in Key West and settled on Avalon Bed and Breakfast. Boy, am I glad I did! Our room was $89 a night and, while small, was very cozy and romantic. The housekeepers kept the rooms absolutely spotless. Yvonne and Caroline were friendly and helpful when it came to suggesting restaurants and activities. The cats, Tigger and Music, were also friendly. As others have said, the pool is a bit small, but it gets plenty of sun and is just the right size for a quick dip to cool off. The breakfast included several different pastries, bagels, toast, cereal, fruit, coffee, and juice and was a pleasure to eat out on the front porch each morning. My husband and I liked that it was on the quiet end of Duval. It was a treat each night to ride our bikes back from the busy end of Duval, feeling more and more content knowing what a relaxing night we'd have in our little haven. If we ever go back to Key West, I won't hesitate to stay here again!

Comments