916 Elizabeth Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

• Dutchnatasja's Profile Photo

Nice affordable bed and breakfast

The Parrot was originally built in 1884. It has been renovated a couple of times. We've visited The Blue Parrot in May 2003. The Blue Parrot Inn has 9 units. It’s a very quiet, relax and friendly house. The location couldn't be better, just 2 blocks off Duval. You wouldn't even guess that Duval St. is just a few blocks away. Our room was named the Tropical room. The room was comfortable. In the morning you’ll have complimentary breakfast. The breakfast around (served around the pool) was limited in choice but good.

Unique Quality: Quiet, relaxing, beautiful garden, great location, friendly staff.

Directions: Two blocks of Duval Street.

• Cruefan's Profile Photo

Good Price, Great Location

I stayed at the Blue Parrot Inn on March 1st thru 3rd 2004. To be truthful I had some worries after reading a couple of horror show reveiws on another website, but after staying there I realized that they weren't accurate in my opinion.

Our room(s) were clean and comfortable. I say that because we had to get two seperate rooms in order to get the days we wanted. We stayed in the Egyptian room the 1st night and the Caribbean Room the 2nd night. Moving rooms went very smoothly, and in fact the front desk let us move into the new room early and even brought the keys up to our room.

Just like any hotel/motel in the world the pictures of the rooms on the website dont exactly look like the actual room. But I assure you I was very satisfied with our rooms and service, and I would recommend this place to freinds, family, and people who visit this website.

The only thing about my stay that was a negative was the free breakfast. It's not a sit down breakfast. It consists of just coffee, muffins, toast, juice, and quiche. It's nothing special so if you want a hearty breakfast walk 2 blocks to the corner of Truman and Duval and go to Denny's.

In closing the Blue Parrot Inn gets a thumbs up because of it's value and location. There is no onsite parking, and all of Elizabeth Str is for residents only. For $ 5.00 a day you can park in the parking lot of St. Mary's church across the Str. The front desk will give you a pass that you keep in the front window of your car. You pay the front desk when you check out. This was fine with us because we walked everywhere anyway.

Unique Quality: What my wife and I loved about our stay was the wrap around porch we had outside our room. There were chairs and a table outside our room, and it was nice sitting out on the porch with the warm breeze.

Though the pool is small, at night there is a relaxing atmosphere around the pool deck. There are white lights strung about the area, and it's a nice place to sit and relax. The whole property is also private because of all the trees surrounding the property.

Directions: Take U.S. 1 into Key West. In Key West bear left onto Truman Str. Take Truman Str all the way into old town. Elizabeth Str on on the right side of the road just past St. Mary's church. On Elizabeth Str it's on the left side of the one way Str.

• GUYON's Profile Photo

A B & B near the center

We were in the Tatched room (110,39$ per day, tax include in November).
    The room was sufficiently large for two, with a small hall and a bathroom with shower.
    All comfortable and clean.
    The door of the room is face to the pool which is smaller than it appeares on the pictures of the Website.

• GUYON's Profile Photo

The Forbiden B&B

Why "forbiden B&B" ?
    Because we found in the room a one page list of bans.
    Fortunately, we wished not to do that : smoke in the bed, put make up on the sheets and on the towels (French people travel with their entire toiletery), etc..
    It is possible to reserve through Internet but they ask for a call to register the reservation. We asked a Floridian friend to do that on our behalf.

Unique Quality: There is no private parking but it is possible to park in the street (numerous places reserved to locals) or in the neighbor (easy to find in November). There is a toll parking in front of the St Mary Gift Shop (5$/day).
    Our car remained 3 days at the same place without any problem. We were lucky.
    The parrot is a stuff but the cats are true.
    The B&B is located at 2 blocks from Duval St, at 20 mn walk from the ocean.

Directions: By US 1, when you are on Truman Av, turn right just after Windsor Lane. the B&B is just there.

More about Blue Parrot Inn

Key West Pictures

by Cruefan

did alot of walking when I was in Key West and it's the best way to see Key West. Duval street is where all the action is.

These pictures were taken on Charterboat row at the end of Olivia Str.

This is the cemetery off of Roosevelt. Some of the tombstones have epitaphs like " I told you I was sick", " Ethel will soon be in heaven with Elvis" , and " Don't fight over my money"

We stayed at the Blue Parrot Inn On Olivia Street and it was 2 blocks from Duval Street. The rooms are very small and a little rustic, but they are clean and cheap for the area.

Blue Parrot Inn on Elizabeth StreetBlue Parrot Inn on Elizabeth Street

Washington Street Inn replacement?

by dopeydog

The last time in KW we stayed at the WS Inn (Casa KW) and loved it. Perfect size, breakfast, access, pool, quiet, etc. but, alas it has gone or is going the condo conversion route and we would love to find somewhere similar. Any thoughts on where the former guests stay these days? Thanks for any info.
dd

RE: Washington Street Inn replacement?

by TheConchMan

As far as I know the situation ~~ There are Alexandra Palms Court, Blue Parrot Inn & Authors of Key West ~~ I can't tell ya anything bout these places as we haven't stayed in any of the three places above ~~

Comments