1031 Eaton Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

Marina, Key WestMarina, Key West

Fort Zack beach, Key WestFort Zack beach, Key West

Very budget accomodations in Key West area

by heywinks

Any recommendations on budget accomodations in KW area? Hostels, motels, budget hotels? We'll be there Thanksgiving Wknd. We have a car. Doesn't need to be fancy. Just a clean bed and shower.
Unfortunately, The Gardens Hotel and Almond Tree Inn are out of our price range. :(
Is it better to stay outside of KW and just drive in? Everything seems to be walking distance so can we see KW in one day and leave or should we stay overnight?

Re: Very budget accomodations in Key West area

by Alex#

From these lists of hotles I'm sure you'll find something good for you:

Cheap accomodation in Key West

by bengos

I am looking for a budget accomodation in or near Key West. A cottage, a room or anything else interest me for a 2 days stay in March 2003.

Any clue???

Keywest, Florida 33040
Price Range: 85.00 - 95.00
(US Dollar )

by GUYON

We were lodged in a B&B : THE BLUE PARROT INN 916 Elizabeth St - 1 800 231 2473 or 1 305 296 0033 , in November 2002.

They have a room (Caribbean R) at 109$ +tax between Dec and April.

See : www.blueparrotinn.com

The B&B is close to Duval St (the main street) at 20mn walk from the Ocean.

by keywester

You could also try The Speakeasy, The Angelina Guest House or The Carribean House.

Re: Re: Cheap accomodation in Key West

by bengos

Do you really recommand the Caribbean House. It seems... not very attractive.

by alieisx

?

RE: Cheap accomodation in Key West

by staceydaze

Try the Sancta Maria, although you may be the only guest. A friend of our stayed last January, and quite literally he had the hotel to himself. But it was cheap and clean enough.

RE: Cheap accomodation in Key West

by staceydaze

Try the Santa Maria, although you may be the only guest. A friend of our stayed last January, and quite literally he had the hotel to himself. But it was cheap and clean enough.

Travel Tips for Key West

Key West has dozens of bars, pubs, saloons....

by TheTravelSlut

If you are up for it and have a partner or two to watch out for you, the "Duval Crawl" is something to talk about more than it is to do.

There are dozens of bars, pubs and saloons the length and breadth of Duval Street in Key West and a drink or a shot in each one from east to west or vice versa will land you in a hospital or gutter or worse.

The bars can differ significantly and not just in which gender they are geared to. All that I have experienced (and I have imbibed in many) have friendly staff and patrons. I do not go out past midnight too often though and not in big crowds. I prefer the more laid back, local flavor. I miss the sunsets and sunset celebration of Key West. I miss seeing my friends and making new ones there.

I miss sampling key lime pies and margaritas. I miss walking along side streets and checking in on all the quaint and quirky shops.

Renting a boat for snorkeling

by miclev21

You definitely have to do this; we had a blast. Only got lost once. Fun stories from that experience. Plus, swimming 300 ft to get to a reef when you can't see anything around you is an experience in itself!!!! My friend entering the wet tshirt contest. Driving up and down the keys looking for snorkel spots. Pitching a tent on the beach for a week!!!!

Relax and enjoy...

by KeyWest6

The weather, of course, is a major enticement, but I think the people and the lifestyle of the locals is what stands out as my favorite thing. As far as sites to see, I would recommend getting off of Duval St. and into the heart of the island. Check out the Bahamian Village area. Have the bartender named Vicki serve you a beer at the Green Parrot and tell her I said "Hi". But, most importantly, get to know some of the people who actually live there. So many memories, so little space. My fondest memories would include, but are not limited to...
My first drive down through The Keys in a convertible. My first sunset at Mallory. Sharing Key West with my friends, Vince and Linda. Meeting Capt. Tony. Oysters and beer for dinner at Schooner Wharf. A grouper sandwich at BO's Fishwagon. And probably, the nicest memory of all is proposing to my fiance, Casey, at sunset on Mallory Pier. (she said, "Yes"...)

Drive down to the Keys and...

by d6676

Drive down to the Keys and stop by the George Smathers Beach. I don't believe it was my 'fondest' memory, but on the way to the keys at 4 am we were all pretty tired. So when we stopped by this beach, we fell asleep under a cloudy sky but woke up 3 hours later to the blazing sun. Once again (referring to my mexico page) NO sunblock. I think I turned purple that day.

Little jewels like this water...

by Boozoo

Little jewels like this water garden are hidden everywhere. This one if I remember correctly is behind a pie and confectionary shop. I know - next time I travel, taking notes or keeping a journal wouldn't hurt LOL

Comments