Comfort Inn Key West

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 23% less but rated 23% lower than other 3 star hotels

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Good for the money

This is a pretty good choice for a the money . Its about 4 miles from the waterfront. Denny's is next door and it has a nice ourdoor pool area. Clean rooms.

• You can find better

My wife and I arrived on a Sunday. The hotel looked fine, though, a bit weatherworn. The staff was friendly and efficient. Especially helpful was the woman at the excursion desk. The room looked nice except for the deep rust stains at the base of the toilet The pool was nice. The only real complaint was we saw 3 cockroaches in the bathroom during the course of our stay. This sort of killed the experience, especially since every thing else was pretty good for the price. The only other drawback with the hotel is it's a few miles from Duval St., where all the restaurants and shops are. You have to cab it or drive and parking isn't easy.

Unique Quality: Great view of the Gulf. Pool is nice.

Directions: Turn right where U.S. 1 forks. The hotel is less than a 1/2 mile from there on the right.

More about Radisson Hotel Key West

A Chained Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member $savemoney$

Just another chained hotel. It was ok. The hotel was old. We could hear the slaming of the door, the sound of people walking and people talking. The hotel was off the center of Key West.

Disappointing hotel!

The Radisson in Key West was definitely the worst Radisson we had ever stayed at. The elevators were without air-condition and very musty smelling! The phones did not work, which was not a big deal, except no one bothered to tell us this. The shower water never got more then warm nor did the shower drain properly. They were able to move us from the Gulf side to pool side as the Gulf side also faces the noisy road below! The room smelled of cigarette smoke even though it was supposed to bea non-smoking room. Definitely would not return!!

Disappointment!

For my first vacation in 20 years my sister and I decided to go to Key West and join the members of our Parrot Head Club at the annual MOTM (Meeting of the Minds). We decided that we would book our flight and hotel reservations through expedia and decided to pick the Radisson Hotel as our destination. Even though it was a little more out of the way than other hotels that were available to us. For the simple reason that we were under the impression that the Radisson Hotel Chain would enhance our Key West trip in the best way.

To mine and my sisters dismay, along came Hurrican Wilma. I called the Radisson Hotel on October 26th and was informed that the hotel would not be be open for occupancy until at least the 8th of November, the day after we were supposed to return from our trip.

Disappointed, yes. But Mother Nature is what she is, so my sister and I cancelled our much anticipated trip.

But imagine my surprise when logging on to my email on the 28th of October I found out through the person who is in charge the the Meeting of the Minds that the Radisson had 40 rooms that were available to be booked for the same time that we were supposed to be there, albeit at a higher price than what my sister and I were going to pay.

To say that I am disappointed in the Radisson is a very big understatement. I expected much better from what I thought was a pretigious hotel chain.

OK but not Great

We weren't expecting a deluxe hotel for the $109 + tax/nt we paid but the noise from the pool bar kept us awake til 2.30 every night, the beds were uncomfortable and the walkways went right past the window so if you wanted to see out, everyone could see in. Rooms were clean though and decor was cheerful. Pool was very nice and we spent most time there. Other hotel guests were not very friendly, neither was the hotel front desk staff and the concierge was pushy and just trying to sell trips, time share visits and get commissions. We chose the pool side of the hotel as the ocean side rooms were very noisy from traffic. If we go to Key West again, will stay in one of the quaint B&B's in Old Town.

Lovely pool, huge rooms

Maybe they made a mistake with our booking, but we got the penthouse suite on 6th floor (we certainly didn't pay for it) This room was almost as big as our apartment back home, I kid you not. Comfortable and cosy, but not especially hip. A little below par compared to other radisson hotels we have stayed at, but more than adequate. The pool is HUGE and heated too, they have a nice little outside bar which stays open till the last man standing(but no loud music or anything, its very quiet) Inside the room, there was a note warning us that during certain months we might have a problem with ants (but we didn't see any) so this might be worth asking about if you are booking direct. Location wise, everything can be accessed by using the shuttle bus service ($8 per day, I think kids go free)Certainly not a stand out hotel, but as ever with radisson, the staff are great and the rooms are clean and tidy.

A Complete Rip Off

Probably the most overpriced hotel I've ever visited. Half of the rooms face the extremely busy Route 1. Noise level is outrageous. Magnetic keys rarely worked. I stayed on the top floor and had to return to the front desk 4 times to have a new key programmed. The staff usually smirked and said it happened to everyone because of the weather. The rooms were small and dated. The bathroom was a joke and the bathtub dirty. Room was not cleaned until 4:00 in the afternoon. No poolside service for food or drinks. Only two elevators and one broke down twice in three days. Only one internet computer in the lobby and it was down as well. I felt completely ripped off. Would sleep in the street before I stayed here again.

Completely discussed on the dirty rugs

Not only was the hotel the noisest I have ever stayed (right on a busy highway) but the rug was filthy. You actually had to wash your feet if you walked over the rug. White socks looked like you had jogged in them without shoes. When we complained to the hotel clerk at checkout and handed him a white cloth that we had run across the rug to show the dirt, he merely threw it off in a corner. The comment card was also put aside. I have my doubts if it ever went further than him. It should have been forwared to the Radisson H.Q. I will never stay at a Radisson Hotel again.
Charlie & Doreen Richards
Toronto, Canada

Hmmm... So - So

This was an ok place... the bed broke - when i just sat on it the evening we arrived! it took them until late the next night to fix it! the workers were GREAT! the pool was ok, but it is definately not for youngsters. no shallow end for my son to stand up in the pool! Great exercise room.

Comments