Crowne Plaza La Concha

430 Duval Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha
IHG Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 60% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• In the middle of the action!

My job takes to me Key West quite a bit. This visit I wanted to stay somewhere in the heart of the city. I researched online and found La Concha Key West though their Facebook page where they offer thier fans a 10% savings. The hotel is exactly what I wanted. A quick walk from the Duval Crawl and I was back in my room. Rooms were neat, hotel staff friendly, and Jacks Seafood had the best steamer pot! Morning Starbucks was right downstairs and I enjoyed the history of the hotel. I was able to watch a great sunset from the Top of the hotel! I would stay here again!

• doug48's Profile Photo

on duval

the crowne plaza la concha is a moderately priced hotel in the heart of the duval street entertainment district. the la concha is not the best hotel in key west but has all the amenities that you would expect from this national chain. if you are going to key west to party on duval street this is the place to stay. as with most hotels in key west prices are much higher in the winter tourist season.

Directions: in the heart of the duval street entertainment area.

• Hated it!!

I was not thrilled when we opened the door to such a small room. I stayed in many hotels,motels and this was not a place I would come back to. We stayed on the 4th floor and it had such a nasty odor..I cant even discribe the smell. We paid 185.00 a night plus the 14.00 a night extra for parking . This vacation was for my Birthday and I was very unhappy sleeping in this hotel 2 nights/weekend . Im not sure what the heck was going on in the wall of our room,but I heard a tapping noise all night long ...both nights!! We were at the very end of a hallway...

Unique Quality: The pool was very small and I ruined my swim suit on the rough sides of the pool...The pool needs some repairs! The only thing the hotel has going for it is the Duval st location....I might add,the lobby was very beautiful..wish I was aloud to sleep on the couch!!

• mcalhoun's Profile Photo

Great Location for Partiers

I am more of an adventure girl - I like nature and wildlife. This normally wouldn't be the type or location for a hotel that I would stay. That being said, my husband and I had a great time. The place was nice, very clean, and inexpensive for the location and quality.

If you like to be close to nightlife, restaurants, shopping, etc. this is a great place. Right on Duval street - in the heart of it all. We had a good experience here - nice staff - much better than the experience we had with much more expensive hotels in the area.

Unique Quality: Great location for nightlife & shopping. Very small pool, but the pool area was nice.

They are proud of their rooftop terrace - which is the highest point to watch the Key West sunset. We did indulge - but be warned, you end up watching the sun set behind the large cruise ships in port at the time (I imagine there may be times with completely unobstructed views).

• akalime's Profile Photo

Great Location

We enjoyed our stay at La Concha in May. The location of the hotel puts you close to all of the action. While the our next door neighbor's toilet flushing/showering was quite loud we adjusted to that pretty quick. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Unique Quality: The view from The Top is excellent - it is the highest point in Key West though.
    The pool was a bit small but I didn't go there to swim laps.

• The_Po's Profile Photo

We'll Be Back!

Older hotel, but really enjoyed my stay. Located on Duval Street, in the heart of the action. We stayed there on a Sunday night, so things may have been more quiet than normal.

Some riff raff appeared around the pool area around 5 am, making a ruckus, but security quickly dispatched the clowns.

My parking fee was waived, so I don't know how much the normal charge may be, but do ask, to be sure.

Unique Quality: We had a great view of the pool area. The room is nicely appointed. I would not suggest this hotel for spring breakers, but it's perfect for anyone who can appreciate a more sedate/refined approach to enjoying Key West.

Other reviews mentioned inferior mattresses, but we didn't have a problem.

We'll stay here on our next visit. The hotel restaurants appeared to be nice, but unfortunately we didn't have time to check 'em out.

• katmag's Profile Photo

La Concha Hotel right on Duval...

La Concha Hotel right on Duval Street was a great, clean hotel, with an old world charm and right in the middle of all the action. All the bars and entertainment are on this street, so if you accidentally drink a little more than you ought to, you don't have to wait around for a hotel shuttle to pick you up - you're right next to your hotel! This hotel is normally expensive, but we got a special rate online and paid only $56 a night! This was a room with two big beds. Hotel parking is extra at $18 for your entire stay. There is very little beach access on Key West, and your best bet is to just get a hotel with a pool, but in the lively part of town, because that's where all the fun is anyway. La Concha has a small, but comfortable pool nestled in between its wings, and a wonderful restaurant/bar on the top floor from which you can see the downtown, as well as the glorious sunsets over the ocean.

More about Crowne Plaza La Concha

Loved It Was Beautiful and well worth it

We arrived at the La Concha after having reserved a room at the Santa Maria Hotel which was a Total Night Mare .Any way This was On March 22nd We were only threr for the night We had taking the Shuttle from fort Meyers and It was Me , MyMom < My Sister whom I hadnt seen either one for 2 years we live 550 Miles apart and My Grandma who Lives In ft.meyers and is 76 years old and in bad health this was suppose to be a Vacation to remember since we hadnt all been together like this in over 7 years . Well anyway after our terrible experience at Santa Maria we chose The LA Concha from a KeyWest add and had the Taxi Drop us Off I ran In and the had a room left Mind you this was Spring Break and It was only $14.oo more than the other dump A total of $229.00 for 4 People and the Staff at the front Desk and The Bell Hop and The Tour Guide was So Nice and Very Friendly And Helpfull , Like I said My Granmother is In bad Health and She Gets Out of Breath Really Easy and we wanted to take her to see the sites and stuff in Keywest and she gets wore out fast walking so the guide at the desk in the lobby had the bell hop get us a wheel chair for her at no cost to us .. The Hotel was so Beautiful we went up to th 7th floor and watched the sunset and It was a little noisy at first but Soon was quiet at bed time . I feel it was well worth the Money and when check out time came they locked up our stuff for us till we needed it . I will defenitly Stay here again if ever given the chance I would highly Recommend it to family and friends and already Have .. We Had a great time ....

High price for a mediocre hotel

Cons: Much of the hotel needs a facelift.

Outside noise from streets and hallways.

Showers alternately scald or freeze you.

Was PROMISED a crib from the staff - didn't receive one for two days. Infant had to sleep in a double bed surrounded by pillows.

Staff not very helpful for most part.

Overpriced.

Pool not much bigger than a hottub.

Pros: Location.

Concierge Frank very competent and friendly.

Starbucks in building.

Overall: Would stay again for location and if rate was lower. Not a BAD hotel per se, but not a quality one either.

ok

The location was awesome! That about it though. The pool was the size of a large bathtub. We had ants in our bathroom and you could hear everytime someone flushed a toilet. I won't stay there again.

The Travel Slut - La Concha Key West rooftopThe Travel Slut - La Concha Key West rooftop

hotel on duvell street

by eli1bxf

I am trying to surprise my boyfriend w/ a trip to see the powerboat races in November and I am having a hard time finding a hotel on Duvell Street or walking distance to the race & nightlife. If you could suggest some hotels (inexpensive) I would really appreciate it

Re: hotel on duvell street

by flyrobinfl

There are not any cheap hotels in Key West, especially in November. The cheap time of year to travel to Key West is in the summer when it is hot. Duval Street is the main tourist destination in Key West. The Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha is in a prime location on Duval street but beware! I booked a room through the visit Key West site and they over charged me big time. I tried to talk to the manager about it and they didn't want to honor the rate I was quoted. They basically told me if I didn't like it I could go somewhere else. Everything else on the island was booked so I was stuck paying big bucks for the room.
Just remember, everything is expensive in Key West since they have to import everything. It is definately a party town, but you have to pay to party.

Most people I know stay on Marathon Key. It is about an hour's drive to Key West from there. There are also camp grounds for an even cheaper alternative.

Re: hotel on duvell street

by July2

The Courtyard by Marriott (on the water), N. Roosevelt Blvd., Key West, is a pleasant hotel with a small beach and nice outside bar/pool area. I believe it was around $200/night (April). This hotel is not central but is only a few minutes drive from Duval Street - the hotel provides a shuttle with a drop-off point near Duval.

Comments