1015 Fleming Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

Expedia.com Travelocity Hotels.com

• Smoker Advisory

I am currently experiencing the happy hour on a deck above the pool. It is the designated smoker's lounge, above everyone else, so no one has to smell the smoke. Genius, actually.

I thought it wasn't cool to be segregated, but it is really not a problem. I've met the most interesting people up here. As all smokers know, we have an exclusive club because we are nicotine addicts.

I know tobacco kills, but it also makes great friends. Oregon, Delaware, the Carolina's. You meet folks from all over. And isn't that what vacation is all about?

Oh, and the place is great. Reminds me of the Winds at Ocean Isle beach, NC. Both are FANTASTIC, and if you can't afford the Keys, don't tell anyone about the Winds, because then it may get overbooked and unaffordable.

Www.thewinds.com. Oops!

• Horrible Management

With utmost dissappointment I have to say this, that EDEN HOUSE is the most unprofessional hotels I have ever dealt with. God-forbidden you have a booking with them and you are stuck in a horrible HURRICANE or a SNOW STORM or a deadly EARTH-QUAKE and you cannot make it to the beautiful KEYS, they do not have the courtesy to understand the situation and refund the money back. I would never recommend anyone to go to this hotel. There are thousands of other Hotels in KEY WEST who I'm sure have better proffesionalism. To the OWNER of EDEN HOUSE, If you are reading this, I hope you would mend your policies to attract some guests.

• lil_wings's Profile Photo

Great Experience

It's a small guest house/ hotel. It's about a five minute walk to anything on the island. They're helpful, comfortable, reasonably priced (given how expensive Key West can get), and you can't beat the location. The rooms are small, but it's not the reason you come to Eden House... everything that makes the hotel great is outside: hammocks, pool, patio, cocktail hour, etc.

I stayed on the first floor, facing the pool, in a standard room. It was $115 a night, free cocktail hour, and the room was just right. The nicest part was being able to open the breeze louver above the door, and hear the 'waterfall' at night.

If you bring your car, they have another perk that you can't beat in Key West: ample parking.

Unique Quality: They have hammocks. Everywhere. It's pretty much the coolest thing ever.

The pool is small, but perfect for the size of the hotel. The cocktail hour is a great way to meet other guests. One night, during the last visit, they brought in a local stained-glass artist to showcase her work.

It was the location and the proximity to everything that really sold me. While you can stay at pricier establishments right on Duval, it's noisey. Eden House is quiet, but not to far from all the parties you want.

FACTOID OF NOTE: Goldie Hawn stayed at the Eden House during the filming of Crisscross.

• Great Key West Hotel

Oh, where to begin! We stayed in a suite by the pool, but they also have some very reasonably priced smaller rooms in the main part of the hotel. I loved the grounds so much I never wanted to leave, even though it's so close to Old Town and Duval Street. Clean rooms, great staff, and very reasonable prices. And free happy hour by the pool!

Unique Quality: The pool and grounds are awesome. You never want to leave.

Directions: Old Town Key West, a few blocks off Duval Street.

• eitakorlando's Profile Photo

Tranquil Pool & Hammock Area

This is the best moderately priced inn in Key West! Our room had a full size bed, sink and shower for $95!! There are cottages and larger rooms that are more expensive and nicer, but this room was perfect! We were rarely in the room except to sleep and shower anyway! Every day from 4 - 6 pm, the hotel hosts a happy hour by the pool. The drinks are complimentary. Everything is within walking/biking distance. They also have a decent parking lot for cars (big, BIG bonus in Key West where parking is non-existent). There is a beautiful pool area with a waterfall and lots of hammocks under shady trees. If you arrive before 3pm (check-in), they will let you use the pool and lock up your bags until your room is ready.

Unique Quality: The pool is gorgeous and the hammock area...I fell asleep. It is great!

• genka8's Profile Photo

Eden house is a very lovely...

Eden house is a very lovely and reasonably priced hotel. It is well maintained and exceptionally clean
    About $85 (Off peak price)

More about Eden House

Paradise!

My husband and I honeymooned at Eden House last April. We can't say enough good things. The atmosphere was relaxed, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and we had a fabulous time. Friends of ours recommended Eden House, and we're still thanking them!

The Real Key West, The Real Fantasy Fest

Key West wouldn't be Key West without Fantasy Fest or without the Eden House. This is true paradise for real people. The staff is warm, friendly and professional and will do absolutely anything to insure your good time. The grounds are beautiful and the location is quiet but in the middle of old town, walking distance to all that you want to see and do. I plan to continue my tradition and spend as much time in this heaven as possible. Thank God for the Eden House.

Gone Till November

The flight was uneventful and the direct flight into the island was convenient. We picked up our Hertz car rental and easily navigated our way to the Eden House. Upon arrival we received a warm welcome at the front desk from the receptionist Maggie and the owner Mike. Check in was swift and easy. Maggie kindly showed us to our rooms and around the property. We booked the private room with TV, VCR, mini refrigerator, and private bath. Our room was cozy, very clean, and not too small considering my wife and I brought our 8 month old infant. The weather was very rainy during our stay in key west. Despite predominately cloudy weather, when the sun was out we took full advantage of the outdoor facilities at the Eden House. The grounds were lush, green, and well maintained. The pool was great! I must say it again, the pool was great and my daughter loved it. The sunning deck was relaxing. We heard topless sunning on the deck was acceptable if you are discreet. The grounds keepers and support staff were very friendly, helpful, and quiet except for on Sunday when one off duty staff member over indulged and became a bit obnoxious. Other than that one afternoon, the environment was controlled and the mood was perfect. This euphoric envirment which included green gardens, waterfalls, hammocks, laid back music, and jacuzzi was chiefly orchestrated by mike the owner of the Eden House. The complimentary happy hour served as a nice vehicle to stimulate conversation and interaction among guests. During our stay we had the pleasure of meeting a group November repeaters. They made our stay extra special. We are already planning to return next year during this time period. The Eden House is a family friendly hotel and children are welcome. In fact there were two other infants and a few adolescents there during our stay. My observation was that well behaved children were generally excepted by fellow guests but an infant that cried one night quickly became unpopular. The Eden House is located in a quiet neighborhood in old town Key West. The hot spots on Duval Street were a good ten minute walk. While the warf was a quick five minute walk. Overall this was a great trip to Key West. We loved our stay at the Eden House. We are planning to return next year and will be recommending it to friends and family. One final note to those who are considering staying at the Eden House, dont expect luxuryexpect laid back Key West style at its best!

I was completely satisfied

From the time I stepped out of the taxi in front of Eden House, until I got back in another one week later, I was happy. My room had the best shower I have had in any hotel I've stayed in. The bed was comfortable and always made up for me when I returned in the afternoon. Plenty of sunshine unless it rained, plenty of places to sit and talk with new friends and a staff that was most helpful to this first timer to Key West. The cafe next door had wonderful food, try the creme brulee.
Great location, not too far from most of the sights you would want to see. At night when the lights were dimmed and the sound of the wind through the many palms relaxed me, I knew I was truly on vacation. I plan on a return trip to Key West and Eden House is where I plan to stay.

Key West paradise!

by TripAdvisor Member rtpac

We spent the first weekend in May at Eden House. Having stayed in several different B&B's in Key West in the past, we were pleasantly surprised at Eden House. Our accommodation was a 2 bedroom/ 1 bath suite that had two balconies, one with a cozy porch swing overlooking a quiet side street. The bedrooms were pretty basic, sitting room equipped with a fridge and microwave, and the bathroom large and bright with plenty of counter space to accommodate all of the "stuff" that 4 adults bring along. The property is lush and convenient to all of Key West's sights. Bikes are available for rent out front and provide the best means of transportation. The pool was crowded at happy hour with a lot of smokers, but the hotel was completely sold out the weekend we were there. Overall, if you're looking for a classic Key West accommodation, this should be at the top of your list. We plan to return!

Agreeing with the fishy statement

We agree with much of what the last review. The rooms were small and were not much more than 4 walls and a bed. The happy hour was just that! No name liquor and a few chasers. Can't comment on the pool skimmers, as we did not pay attention to them. The place was, however, very quaint. The staff was awesome...we got engaged that weekend, and they made sure we had champagne and roses in the room, and were just very friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the 17 year old cat, Prescilla! Despite some of the flaws of the place, we would revisit the Eden house.

40th Birhtday in KW

by lancarra

I am planning a 40th birthday party for my husband with about 10 friends down in KW in Oct. We are staying at the Eden House (great place, have stayed there before). I want to plan some cool things for all of us to do together. for instance, I would love to charter a boat for a day to bring us all out...snorkeling...catered...whatever fun stuff. I would like to have something catered by the pool (if allowed) but I don't know of a good caterer. I would love to do more to make it special, but am at a loss for ideas. Any suggestions on the ideas above, and anything else fun? Thanks!

RE: 40th Birhtday in KW

by phastphreddy

I don't know if this would be prohibitively expensive or not, but you could charter a seaplane out to Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas National Park. There's snorkleing and other things to do there. If the seaplane turns out to be a bit much, you could also catch a boat out there.

RE: 40th Birhtday in KW

by sunlovey

We rent our own boat from Mango Pango every year when we go down. They have boats that accommodate up to 15 people.

Comments