535 Frances Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

• Felt Like Home

We stayed at the Bottle Inn May 6-12th of 2010. We were so happy with the stay. Dennis, the inn keep manager was extremely nice and laid back. We arrived late in the evening the first night of our stay and he had keys, a nice note welcoming us, and a map of the Keys. We were a bit nervous about finding on street parking that wasn't dedicated to residents. We were happy to find an available spot right out front and noticed several other spots available throughout the week. Duval Street, the main drag through the town was just a short walk (maybe 10 minutes).

The room was very nice and clean. I felt like I was at home. There are books all over the place to read, information on the city, and board games in the kitchen for use. Snacks and drinks (including wine, beer, sodas and juice) were available all throughout the day and night in case you wanted to grab something. The Bottle Inn is not on the main drag through town so it was quiet and dark. These are great conditions to come back to after a long day of touring.

The next morning, we went down to find a breakfast with plenty of variety (fruit, bagels, eggs, potatoes, pastries, juice, coffee and more). Dennis helped us set up reservations for everything we wanted to do. He was very friendly. He set up a jet ski tour around the island that same day. The next day he planned a eco tour kayaking trip. The following day we went on a snorkeling trip at the Dry Tortugas.

The other guests were also friendly and it was nice going down and chatting with them around the breakfast table. There were plenty of places to eat and trays to take food back up to your room if you wanted breakfast in bed.

Dennis set us up with bikes we rented directly from him at a reasonable rate compared to other places ($30 for the week/bike). We couldn't be happier with the stay and how nice Dennis was to us. The rates were very reasonable compared to other places ($160/night) and we got everything the other places were offering minus the loud noise and bright lights if you stay directly on Duval.

Unique Quality: This place has tons of character to it. The beautiful bottles around the house and the decor made me feel at home. I loved the wrap around porches and the enjoyed sitting outside and relaxing with my sweetie on the porch before bed.

• the perfect spot

There are so many Bed and Breakfasts in Key West that it was a little overwhelming trying to decide which one to choose. Well I'm so glad I found the Frances Street Bottle Inn.

The guest rooms are very nicely decorated, the bed was so comfortable and I loved having a seating area on the upper porch to watch the world go by. We also enjoyed relaxing on the lower porch sipping wine and chatting with another couple that was there from Italy on their honeymoon.

The Bottle Inn is located in a perfect spot. It is a ten minute picturesque walk to Duval Street where many of the restaurants and shops are, but our favorite restaurant, Café Sole, is right across the street from the Inn The staff at the Inn were interested in what everyone's plans are for the day and were more than willing to help with dining selections or directions.

We didn't rent bikes, but I definitely would the next time and believe me, there will be a next time. The streets are very flat so riding along the street wouldn't be a problem and then if you want to go for a good ride, you can ride up to Fort Zachary Taylor (the Inn provides the passes so you don't have to pay the entry fee), which has a great beach and some picnic areas that you could stop at.

Ever since we've been back I've been recommending the Bottle Inn to everyone thinking about travelling to Key West.

Unique Quality: location and service

Directions: Old Town Key West

• Go Native at the Bottle Inn

I've been to KW several times and the Bottle Inn perfectly matches Key West. Staying there makes you feel like a local - like a conch (a good thing). It doesn't feel like a hotel, nor is it fru-fru luxofussy - it feels like home. If you crave a bit of seclusion, try for the Bottle Inn's room 8. Be sure to partake of social hour in the afternoon when offered - mingle with your housemates, many of which are very interesting once everybody gets over their shyness (pretend you're dashing if necessary).

Unique Quality: The Inn is located in a residential area and most notable KW places are easily walked. Duval is close enough (but really: unless you're under 25, Duval is of dubious value.) There are several good restaurants near the Inn (I'm fond of Jose's Cantina, despite it's sometimes maddeningly slow service, particularly for take out). The harbor area is just 4 blocks, and has a slew of very good restaurants or bars to hang out for a while. However, it is a hike from the Inn to the best beach - Fort Zach, as well as to Mallory square where sunset festivities take place. So, rent a bike (available at the Inn, or numerous other places), or rent an egg car (electric), or take a cab (cheap). No worries. In fact, that's the key to enjoying Key West - relax, pretend you're a native and take it easy.

Directions: Old Town

• The top B&B in Key West

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Bottle Inn which was very well-situated for visitors to Key West for the first time. Our room was clean and the temperature was just right as we could adjust the air conditioning with the remote control from our bed. The breakfast buffet had everything from hard boiled eggs to cereals, fresh fruits, yogurts, every kind of beverage, breads and bagels. The staff was friendly and helpful and was able to get us last minute reservations at some of the popular restaurants. We really liked our meal at the "Hot Tin Roof". We have stayed in many B&B's in Key West over the years but this is our all time favorite and the one we will return to. We will recommend the Bottle Inn to our friends and family.

Unique Quality: The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff is outstanding.

Directions: Old town historic district

• Key West's best bed and breakfast

We had a great time staying at the Bottle Inn. Everyone was very helpfull. With four full time employees and only eight rooms we never had to wiat for service. Marketa recommeded the best resturaunts and gave us discount coupons for two places. Social hour with drinks and snacks each night on the lower porch our favorite part of the stay.

Unique Quality: Very, very clean, rooms and common aeas. A large hot-tub, free on street parking, an ice machine, bike rental, free beach passes to the State Park. Tropical colors and artwork throughout the Inn. And walking distance to almost everything.

Directions: Old Town

• My place in paradise

My husband and I have been going to Key West, Fl. for several years. Once we stayed at the Frances Street Bottle Inn we stopped looking for other accommodations. This is THE place for us. The staff are super--they are friendly and try to anticipate our needs. Each time we return we are welcomed like long time friends. We love sitting on the big front porch--we eat our breakfast there. We also try and return to the Inn for the great happy hour that Mary Beth (the owner) puts on. She is gracious, charming and makes us always feel right at home. The rooms are clean and quiet ( because the inn isn't right on top of Duval St.). Duval St. is a short walk away and there are plenty of good restaurants right in the neighborhood. We love this place!!

Unique Quality: Most rooms have their own outside sitting areas
    The front porch is wonderful!!
    I've seen people with their pets--so I know they are pet friendly
    Rooms are always clean and bright
    The staff are super--I don't think you could find better
    Great location--near everything but far enough away to be quiet at night

Directions: property located at the corner of Frances and Southard

• jimmce's Profile Photo

Frances Street Bottle Inn

Our romantic vacation to Key West was wonderful. And the Frances Street Bottle Inn, which was highly recommended by a friend who recently visited Key West, was the perfect place to stay. MaryBeth, Marketa and Dennis gave us personalized attention and help us plan each days activities and evening diner chooses. We loved the Italian restaurant "La Trot" which was recommended to us by MaryBeth. The rooms are quite, clean and comfortable. The Inn is five or six blocks to Duval Street so bring comfortable shoes. We will be back to Key West and will be staying at the Frances Street Bottle Inn.

Unique Quality: Wonderful location. The inn is in a very nice area and the rooms are bright and colorfull.

Directions: Old Town Key West

More about Frances Street Bottle Inn

Very Nice Experience!

I had a great time. It was a fabulous experience. I was greeted by a warm, charming staff. Mary Beth was a great hostess. My room was clean, comfortable and charming. This was my first time to Key West. In the mornings there was plenty to eat with a variety of cereals, pastries, fruit and PLENTY of coffee. Every night there was a social hour and it just got better from there. Mary Beth and her husband joined us and they had a way of getting everyone together, talking and sharing funny stories. The staff was more than gracious, too. They gave very good recommendations from what to see on the island to where to go for dinner. The FSBI is close enough to where you want to be but far enough away for a quite, tranquil, relaxing time, too. I can't wait to go back.

Loved it!!!

My husband and I stayed here with another couple in May and thought it was a perfect place to stay for couples. Breakfast in the morning was great (fresh fruit, pastries, cereal...) and social hour in the evening was a nice surprise. We immediately felt very welcome by the owner Marybeth and she was very helpful with recommendations for things to do and see around town. The Inn is a little farther off of Duval then some would like but we wanted somewhere quiet, so it was perfect. I would recommend the Bottle Inn to anyone who would like a nice relaxing vacation!

Best Bed and Breakfast in The Keys!!!!!

I recently spent an amazing seven day vaction in key west! My husband and I satyed at the spectacular Francis Street Bottle Inn. This Inn enhanced the relaxation aspect of our vacation to the the fullest! When arriving at the inn, we were greeted by the friendly inn owners and staff. The rooms were spotless, colorful and breezy. The front porch is spacious and inviting.Breakfast was great evey morning, but my favorite was the evening happy hour. Owner Marybeth McCulloch puts out a wonderful spread! The Inn is also a short walk to Duvall street. The owners helped us pick out restaraunts to dine at and helped guide us to activities. We had a great week at the Bottle Inn and would recommend it to anyone coming to Key West!

Comments