HYATT SUNSET HARBOR RESORT

200 Sunset Lane, , Florida, 33040, United States

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

A Great Key West Resort

I just can't say enough good things about this resort. The location, just off of Front Street and right along the Boardwak, is perfect. The landscape is just beautiful and very well kept. The pool area is just amazing with lush gardens, plenty of lounge chairs, a nice hot tub and a beautiful water fall.

We reserved a 1 bedroom condo that consisted of a full kitchen, a small but comfortable bedroom, bathroom with plenty of shelving for storage, living room and very roomy balcony that looked over the pool and out to the ocean.

I read a review that you did not receive maid service daily. Not ture, at least for our visit. The room was cleaned daily with fresh towels, soaps and shampoos.

Be sure to rent a couple of bikes, the concierge will gladly help you with that. They use a preferred vendor and they are much better then using the outfit on the boardwalk.

Unique Quality: The location, to me, is the best quality of this resort. Very easy to find your way back and close enough to the action.

Directions: Just a short cab ride from the airport. The resort sits right on the Boardwalk, just off of Front Street and close to the Westin.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Next to the Heritage House Museum

I have not stayed here. I took the picture because of the sign out front which I was assuming referred to the building marked HYATT on the left. I now think that it refers to Heritage House (musuem) next door (out of the picture) and the fact that the hotel is in the picture is because of the angle of the photo.

The sign says:

In this house was born, lived and died.
    JOSEPH YATES PORTER M.D.
    1847-1927

First Health Officer of the State of Florida 1869-1917. Thriteenth President of the Florida Medical Association. Under his far sighted leadership, yellow fever and other epidemic diseases were eradicated. Perhaps no other person has exerted more influence upon the health of this state than Dr. Porter.

Unique Quality: The hotel apparently has residential style self-catering units. Gold Passport points not awarded. A room for 2 AAA members over Christmas would be $360.00/night

Hyatt Sunset Harbor has 40 units and offers the following unit types:

2 bedroom / 2 bath:
    o Can accommodate up to six people
    o Master Suite with king size bed , private balcony and master bath
    o Guest bedroom, guest bathroom
    o TV / VCR / Stereo / CD player in living room
    o Additional TVs in bedrooms
    o Sofa bed in living room
    o Fully equipped kitchen
    o Whirlpool spas in most master suites

1 bedroom / 1 bath:
    o Can accommodate up to four people
    o TV / VCR / Stereo / CD player in living room
    o Additional TV in bedroom
    o Sofa bed in living room
    o Fully equipped kitchen
    o Private balcony

Studio:
    o Can accommodage up to two people
    o King size bed / living area with TV/VCR, one bathroom
    o Galley kitchen with microwave and mini refrigerator

Fully equipped facilities are available for our guests with special needs.

No onsite parking: limited short term and long term parking is available at the parking garage next door.

Directions: Two blocks from Duval Street

More about HYATT SUNSET HARBOR RESORT

Key West 2009

by changeinlatitude

"Overview"

We had a great time in Key West and are kicking ourselves for not staying longer. The resort we stayed at was the Hyatt Sunset Harbor and it is wonderful. You can get a loft, 1 or 2 bedroom condo there, which ever will fit your trip. If you can't stay there, the Westin is beautiful. Either place is right on the Boardwalk over looking ocean. The Boardwalk is where they have the Sunset Celebration every night, which is a lot of fun. The shops there are WONDERFUL!!! Believe me, I helped the economy a little while we were there. Also it is close enough to the action that you can walk or ride a bike and easy to get around.

The service at the resort was fantastic. If you are going to rent bikes, be sure to visit the concierge. They have a preferred vendor that is very good. They will deliver and pick up your bikes at the resort.

If you plan a trip to Key West, be sure to take the Fury Sunset Cruise. It was $98 for both of us and well worth the money. We met some wonderful people from all over the world, the service was great and there was plenty of refreshments. Be sure to see my pictures and write ups (I am still working on those).

The first night we were there, we at at the Conch Republic. AWESOME seafood!!! I also recommend the Hard Rock, Island Dog and Bagatelle. We had breakfast at Bagatelle and the service, food and Bloody Mary's were fantastic.

We can't wait to go back!!!

Ocean Key Resort

by MCIFARETTO

As per my last question, I just booked a Junior Suite for my wife and I with two kids, at the Ocean Key Resort with a city view, any one have any info on this room and hotel? I am still holding a res. at the Hyatt Beach house Resort and The Hilton Resort and tring to make up my mind.

Re: Ocean Key Resort

by cblanc9

I have never stayed there because it is normally booked. But I think it's a great place & you can't beat the location. You can walk anywhere. Should still be quiet at night. I would stick with that resort. I have not stayed at any of the other locations you reserved either.

Re: Ocean Key Resort

by TheConchMan

Just depends on what your desires & restrictions are. If you like the view of the city as well as the location & price then go with it. The Ocean Key Resort is very nice. The Hyatt Beach House (timeshare) is great for the family with good views of the Gulf, comfort & price but location isn't all that great if you want to be around "Old Town or the Duval St." area. The Hilton is a great location as well, price & its right next door to the Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort (timeshare). If you desire to be close to the restaurants, events, shopping, contact sports (the Duval Crawl or entertainment), scenery, museums, sunset activities, tours & so fourth, then I would recommend the two hotels or maybe a B&B in the same area. If you want to do a lot of the cookin at the timeshare & enjoy the surroundings with the family with the location not that important then go with the Beach House. Also, the golf course is located right next door to the Beach House.

Comments