Holiday Inn Key West

3850 North Roosevelt Boulevard, , Florida, 33040, United States

• Nice Hotel

My husband & I stayed here a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. It was newly renovated and the staff was very friendly. They have a beautiful pool area and the rooms were clean. The grounds were also very nice. I only stay at new, or newly renovated hotels and they have to be clean. It fit the bill and the price was right. A restaurant was next door and scooter rental also next door. It was very nice and we'll return.

Unique Quality: Nice pool, laundry, beautifully groomed landscaping. Next door to restaurant & scooter rental.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Good Value

Located on a strip , with many other hotels , we were only about four miles from the main activities. This place was non-descript really but that's not always a bad thing when you're lookoing for a budget stay. Comfortable beds , clean rooms , wireless internet and Denny's was next door. At $130.00 we were happy.

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Great Location!

The Holiday Inn was perfect for us; the location is right off US-1, so we were able to maneuver our way around the island with ease and didn't have to worry about the noise or crowds associated with hotels in the downtown area. The beds were comfortable, the room was a good size and we had a nice sized balcony as well, overlooking the water. I booked this through ICHotelgroups and got a great rate!

Unique Quality: The pool here is amazing! It's a good sized kidney-type shape extending to a deepest of 5' with water at a perfect temperature. There was also a small tiki bar in the pool area and lush landscaping with a few round tables and lounge chairs all the way around, no shade.

The restaurant, In Kahoots, is connected to the hotel and has a friendly atmosphere and excellent food. As part of our hotel package, we were given breakfast vouchers that covered up to $20 of the total bill.

Directions: Right as Highway 1 ends in Key West and turns into Roosevelt Blvd, the Holiday Inn is right in front of you. Make a left at the fork and an immediate right into the driveway for closest parking lot to the check in area.

• palla's Profile Photo

The first Hotel when you cross the bridge

Another hotel to be torn down to make way for condos.Already closed,Quality Inn across the street will become the Holiday Inn,though without the beach or being on the ocean.

Unique Quality: All uptown hotels(chain);2-4 miles from downtown claim they are with in walking distance over the phone or on websites.Surely not impossible but still a long walk in the hot sun.

Directions: Top of the island

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Beach Side West is the way to go!

Nice hotel. Beautiful pool. Good restaurant, Hemingway Cafe. One of top 5 hotel beaches I saw while there. I asked at the desk how much and she said $195.00, (our room was like $95.00) I thought that was high for May.

Directions: Pretty far from Old Town, but shuttle is available to guests.

• The_Po's Profile Photo

Beach Hotel

Ample FREE parking. But don't get mislead by the website picture. This is your typical beachside hotel with perfunctory room amenities. The pool and restaurant were impressive for the facility, however I was so disappointed in the room (imagine a Motel 6 with better carpet), that I called client relations to see if I could get out of my pre-paid rate.

Kudos to the manager on duty, Jamie, who was able to get us a room at their sister Crown Plaza hotel, La Concha, on Duval Street. See my review for La Concha.

More about Holiday Inn Key West

So Bad the 'Under' Staff(ed) Get Pity

Four Day Stay Mar 2004. Lived in Key West before and wasn't expecting much from hotel/beach. Still...really Dirty and Run Down.....Staff did move us from first room which was very dirty. Second Room Not Much Better but at least it was pool side vs. parking lot "Harley Side" (it was bike week....noise from 6 a.m. to post mid-night but they do bring $$$$) No Maid Service/Towels One Day. Slooowww Check In/Check Out. At Check Out Had Restaurant Charges...Had Not Used Restaurant. Took Almost One and One Half Hours to "Resolve". Noticed that other Guest(s) also had Restaurant Over Charge Problems.... Knew "Beach" would not be good for anything but Kayak Launching...but take a lock, lots of "folks" sleeping on the beach at night.

Glad I didn't listen to these reviews

I was apprehensive about the quality of this hotel based on the reviews submitted on this site. By the time I found this site, nonrefundable reservations had already been made so we were left to accept whatever conditions we were met with. Based on the price of the hotel I found it to be very nice. The pool and balcony overlooking the water were the best features. The interior decoration left something to be desired, but the room was clean and I had no complaints about the staff. The location was undesirable, being on the other side of the island from downtown, although a reasonably priced shuttle service was available.
Again the hotels that were in a convenient location were more than double the price. Last words of advice...must see the sunset festivities at Mallory Square, smile at your friends on the webcam at Hog's Breath, and DO NOT take your kids to Sloppy Joe's (the entertainment is hilariously vulgar). Have a great time!

Perfect for our needs!

by TripAdvisor Member rmjinno

Just stayed at the Quality Inn - Key West last week. The stay and the service was great. As will all ocean side hotels, mild mildew is normal (I spend two years living on the ocean) due to the increase in the relative humidity. The room was very clean, and as requested was put in a non-smoking room. The service was great. Holly at the Tiki Bar was great (not to mention the drink prices were cheap) and was very attentive. The free breakfast was a lot of food! French toast, juice, coffee, milk, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, muffins and then some... However as with all "contiential breakfasts" they are carb based ... so go to Denny's just down the street if you are on a low carb diet. The only down side I would have to say about the visit, is after the second night they locked us out of our room, saying we had only paid/booked for two nights and we were supposed to have checked out. I showed them my printed out reservation from expedia.com and they problem was solved ... until two days later. I went down to reception and gladly keyed us in for our last night. Is this a common practice or a screw up by expedia? I have yet to find out. With that minor inconvienence, the stay was much better than expected (given prior reviews), and I would go back again!

Quality treatment for a large group

Quality Inn provided a great rate and great service to over 200 members of the St. Petersburg Second Time Arounders Marching Band. As we unloaded our 4 charter buses we were met by QI staff. The staff handed out envelopes with our names on it, our room keys inside, and a map to the room. All we had to do was go to the front desk, later at our convenience, and sign for the room. There was plenty of room at the pool area for us. We showed up at the continental breakfast and they had plenty of food. The Key West Welcome center is next store where many of the island's shuttles stop.

Key West, Holiday InnKey West, Holiday Inn

carribean guesthouse

by Dean&Vanessa

Hello everyone

Thanks to all that replied to our previous post,

We have done a bit of research and found a place called The Carribean Guesthouse with prices that sound to good to be true considering the prices of most of Key West Hotels.
Does anybody have any good or bad things to say about this place that we should know before we book?

Thanks all

Dean & Vanessa

Re: carribean guesthouse

by swkat

Hi,
I have never been in the Carribean Guesthouse, but I know it's located in the Bahama Village section of Key West. This area was probably the last to be hit by the major tourist wave, it retains more of the 'old' Key West flavor. Although I had read some warnings about walking at night around some of these areas, we had no problems. My only thought about the hotel is it doesn't have a pool. If you are wanting to relax in the sun you'll have to head to one of the beaches. If you stay there, don't miss the restaurant called 'Blue Heaven' in Bahama Village... it is an original.
Karen