Hyatt Key West Resort And Marina

Booking.com Expedia.com Hyatt.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

luxury

the hyatt key west resort is one of the newest luxury resorts in key west. located near key west harbor it is near all the attractions of key west. this resort is owned by hyatt so you can expect all of the amenities of a first class resort. the most expensive resort in key west but also the nicest. as wth most hotels in key west the prices are much higher in the winter tourist season.

Directions: just off of north duval near key west harbor.

• Not Up to Potential

Thought this would be a great hotel. We were sorely disappointed. Not at all what we expected from a Hyatt chain. The rooms are comfortable but dated. We had just one additional chair. No sofa. Guests have to pay $8/day to park and $10/day for hi speed internet service that is not even available for use in the room. Only very limited cable channels were included. Everything else was pay TV. The staff at the check in desk, although cordial, left alot to be desired in the warm and fuzzy department.
    The only plus was the location which is right off Duval Street and a small private beach and nice pool for hotel guests.

Unique Quality: The views were great from the beach and restaurant.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Sunset or Cruise Ship

I have not stayed at this hotel, but I saw the sunset reflected in the west facade when I came in from the Dry Tortugas on the catamaran ferry. As we came in, we passed a big cruise ship that was leaving.

Many of the hotels take advantage of their position to have sunset activities. But sometimes, if the ships are at the dock the view will be blocked.

• rossandkelli's Profile Photo

We stayed at the hyatt, very...

We stayed at the hyatt, very expensive but nice. We split it with another couple so it wasn't that bad. There is a campground that is awesome, you pitch a tent or your trailer by the water, nice facilities and a wonderful view for a great price!!

There is a hostel too but I've never been there.

More about Hyatt Key West Resort And Marina

Highly Recommend Hyatt Key West

by TripAdvisor Member JodiLSeattle_WA

My husband and I stayed at Hyatt Key West Resort & Marina Oct.14-20, 2004. We loved it and will certainly stay again.

Guests should not go expecting the look or feel of a grand Hyatt Regency. However, this Hyatt is perfectly appropriate for Key West. It's low-rise (just 4 stories) and has a charming Victorian/Bahamian architecture.

The pool is tiny, no doubt about that, but there are ample heavy wood lounge chairs with thick pads. There are two small areas of beach -- not enough to run on, but enough to be able to enjoy a lounge chair on the sand, under the palms, and walk right into the ocean. These beach areas have a private, secluded feel that is almost cozy. Jet ski rental is available.

Our courtyard-view room was standard in amenities and spacious enough. Our view was of the pool and beyond to the ocean. A small deck had two chairs and a table.

The location is just a block off Duvall Street, so within easy walking distance to all the action.

The resort has a nice gift shop, a very pleasant waterfront restaurant and a fun pool bar.

Hyatt Key West has everything you need, with a quaint ambiance that never lets you forget you're in the delightful Keys.

couldn't fault much, except Key West itself

The Hyatt Key West's not as 'five star-ish' as some other Hyatt hotels although there's not much to find fault with, especially the lunch outside, overlooking the sea.

It's actually quite a haven from the rest of Key West, which is seedy, to say the least. Also, don't got to the Hard Rock Cafe, as the staff there asre some of the most unsavoury we've ever met. I think they're probably told to turn most people away, as we asked if we could get some ice creams and they said that we could only sit down if we were having lunch, which is either not true or an exhibit of a bad company.

All in all, the hotel is very pretty though.

Don't believe the negative reviews!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ablemieux

We booked the Hyatt Key West through Priceline. After securing our reservation, we saw the Tripadvisor reviews. Altho' many were good, some were not and they concerned us. I guess there is just "no pleasing" some people. We LOVED the Hyatt Key West. Our room was extremely clean and comfortable. Our view was breathtaking! Regarding the so-called "small pool". I guess it would be small to an olympic swimmer, but it was perfect for my granddaughter! It was so wonderful to sit around the pool on cushioned chaise lounges and not only see the pool but the ocean as well.
We especially loved the location. We walked to Duvall street and to Mallory Square, where they have the nightly sunset celebration. I was a bit surprised we had to pay to park at the motel, but considering we could then walk to everything, it was well worth the $8!
My only complaint is that they did not offer complimentary wireless internet access. They had a dataport and wireless was available for a fee.
We booked this hotel at a very reasonable rate. If I had to pay $400 or more per night, maybe I would be a bit more nitpicky. My advice is to search the web for a good price. This is a wonderful hotel!!!!

Hyatt Touch? Just another review

I feel almost bad writing this review but I too looked everyday for new promising reviews on this property before my recent trip to Key West. The only other Hyatt property I have ever visited was Hyatt Regency Maui twice which my review can also be found on this website. Comparing the 2 would be like comparing pineapples to limes. I am going to be very fair with my review for the Hyatt Key West Resort & Marina.

Arrived Saturday 6/12/04 at 1pm. Lucky for us our room was ready. We were also upgraded to a pool view room instead of the parking lot view room we paid for through Hotels.Com. Our room was on the 2nd floor with a great view of the pool (yes, its small) and the beautiful Gulf Water beyond. The balconies are small but they are also small in Maui so that did not bother me. The view was really nice. The room itself was pleasantly decorated in light colors. We had a King size bed which was kind of hard. They should have the dreamy beds that they have at Hyatt Maui. The rug and couch had some staining but overall was not that bad. There is a 1 cup coffee maker and complimentary coffee in the room. If you want to use the in room safe (yes it's small but my camera, CD player, cars keys, wallets, fit just fine) there is an $80 deposit for the safe key. They said they are in the process of changing the safes to codes instead of keys. There is also a stocked fridge in the room. We declined the key for this and requested a empty fridge for the room which they happily brought up for us. No charge for this. We just kept our personal fridge stocked with water, etc . . .
Maid service was on the slow side. We only stayed 4 nights but it seems like our room was always the last to get cleaned. The maid would show up around 3:30-4pm every day which was just around the time my husband & I would go back to the room to shower up for the evening. Again, not really a big deal as I'm sure they were trying to clean up the new check-in rooms first. I was thinking should I mention this or not but what the heck, here goes . . . on our last night a big creepy water bug strutted his stuff across our living room area floor. Hubby took care of it with our daily complimentary newspaper although we did not dispose of it. I'm sure the maid found it the next day. Hey, this is the sub-tropics, and where there is heat there will be bugs.

The pool is small and only about 3ft. to 3ft-6" deep all around. I would have preferred a bit deeper at least on one section. There is also a large spa right next to the pool. Speaking of pool and the spa, we had one major complaint which in a sense did not inconvenience us but it was just the point of it. For those of you going now, I was told this is never happening again by management.
The pool & spa is open until 12 midnight for those who want to take a late night dip. 2 out of the 4 nights we were there, the pool was closed by 4:30pm and the spa was completely closed for 3 whole days of our stay. It seems this was the first time they hosted a small convention for Sysco and they were using the outside pool deck for their dinner receptions. Our first day there, they drained the spa and actually built a small dance floor over it and judging by the construction of this job which we watched from our balcony, it looked a little bit shabby. The Hyatt did have a sign posted to us "guests" that the pool/spa facilities would be open at the hotel next door (Pier something or other) for us to use. My point is if you are spending good money to stay here, why should one have to walk to another hotel to use their pool? Or for that matter, why were we not warned ahead of time about this? Upon check-out we mentioned how we did not like what happened and apparently many other guests did the same. They said it was the 1st time they had ever done something like this and they agree their hotel is too small to host these type of events. Whatever. We were not offered any compensation and I hate to ask. I prefer being offered.

They do have a restaurant on premise that we did not try out. They have a bar area right outside the pool area which is nice for a frozen drink or munchie food. We took a sunset cruise aboard their large sailboat which was very nice. Can beer, wine, or champagne is flowing the whole time. It was a very nice trip. Also rented Wave Runners one day for an hour right at their Pier. This was a big highlight for us. We have rented wave runners many times in the past and were happy that they let us have free run and not stay in a course. Each runner was $100/hour. Pricey but well worth it.

What can I say about their so called beach. The resort is a MARINA, not a beach. The Hyatt did what they could to build a small beach so people could walk down and take a dip in the gulf water. It's small but I think they did a good job considering that it's a small area. It's more rocky then sandy so those with sensitive feet bring water shoes. The swim area is right next to boat piers. The built a floating dock right in the middle of the water with 2 lounge chairs on top. Nice to catch the sun while being rocked by the water. Unfortunately we never got to try this out as people camped there for what seemed to be all day. Also, if you bring a snorkel and mask, to the right where there are some rocks, you can see really colorful fish.

What’s awesome about this property is their location. Your a block off of Duval Street, a couple of blocks to Mallory Square, and basically right at the historical marina walk. We never took our rented car out of it's spot. Would I stay here again? Yes, for the right price I would.

An anniversary I will never forget

Stayed at this Hyatt in July of 2004 and got married there 8 years ago but much has changed since then. I expect this property will either soon be purchased by some other company or definately lose the "Hyatt" name due to the conditions.
The complaints I have are too numerous to mention however, I will start with the sanitary issue I have which was the pool area. Not only is it too small for so many people but not once did anyone clean it. My husband ran his finger around what appeared to be wear and tear on the side of the pool and black/brown scum rubbed off onto his hand. We immediately were disgusted and got out of the pool to go shower . When we got to our room it still hadnt been made up. Every day it was 4 or later before someone came. At night I would tell my husband that I kept hearing something in the room and finally the next morning there it was, a HUGE cockroach. Now I have stayed everywhere all over the world and in 3rd world countries where they spray for these things so they CAN be controlled. Frankly my fingers are tired so I will stop there but it is a waste of my hard earned dollar staying at a place such as this.

Need some info about key west

by Marcel73

I am going to go to key west next year and i am looking for a nice place to stay.i need some tip about hotel,guesthouses.etc.
thanks
Marcel

by Gillybob

I'm just back from Key West (haven't written up my page or tips yet) but would love to recommend Casa 325. Its a guesthouse situated on Duval Street - about 4 blocks up from the seafront so its nicely located. They have their own website www.casa325.com through which you can book. Sharon (receptionist) was incredibly helpful and managed to get me into my suitcase after I left my keys in Miami! I stayed in one of the pool rooms. Whilst you're "in the midst of things" there is no noise pollution and its a great little palce!

by Marcel73

Thank you very much I will check it!
greetings from Oslo
Marcel

by jesseljohnson11

I would recommend staying in "Old Town." In this area of the island will can walk to anywhere you might want to go. I have stayed at the Ocean Key resort and at the Hyatt Key West Resort. They are both very nice hotels, and locationwise they are excellent. Around this area is where I would recommend staying - there are many lodging options in this area.

Comments