Hyatt Winward Pointe

Hyatt Windward Pointe
Hotels.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Out by the Airport

We ate dinner at Martha's last night which is at the Hyatt. The two pictures (also taken yesterday) are of the front of the hotel on Roosevelt, and the back at night from the parking lot behind Martha's.

The hotel is on the Atlantic side quite close to the airport. There is no beach - it is across the highway from a seawall, and backs up to the airport. I do not know how the soundproofing in this hotel is. If it is not good, you will have airport noise. The parking lot was quite noisy.

This is not near any of the downtown attractions on Duval Street. If you want to do the Duval Crawl, you will either have to drive or take a shuttle. I don't know if the shuttle is free. Parking appears to be free.

The other problem is that there are NO restaurants within walking distance here except Martha's and the Japanese restaurant associated with the hotel.

More about Hyatt Winward Pointe

Hyatt Windward Pointe Resort is lovely, but rather far from the fun

We stayed at the Hyatt on June 15 and 16. The property is lovely. Well kept, beautifully appointed, and the staff was very helpful. If you are looking for an upscale place to settle back and relax with a beautiful view and pool area, you've found it. However, if your plans include visiting all the fun spots in Key West, plan on renting a car. Also, unfortunately, what little beach there is across the road is pretty much inaccessible, but the view from the balcony was still amazing.

Awesome!

by TripAdvisor Member missmaggiemay

Had a fabulous time here! Stayed two night in long key- then down to key west. This resort is beautiful- and the price of 165.00/night was a STEAL!! Only regret is that we did not spend our entire stay here--next year we will. The planes are not a big deal- the condo units are beautiful and immaculate.!! My husband even wanted to buy a unit---

Best Kept Secret in Key West

This place is not listed on any hotel directories published for Key West and I happened to stumble across it while searching through Expedia ... I may as well have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! The accomodations were unbelievable. Full kitchen, dining room table, living room area, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large outdoor porch with table and six chairs, central air, 3 color tvs, vcr, stereo, marble floors ... and room service! If you want to be part of the action and within walking distance to the downtown scene, this is not the place to be. If you are looking to relax and get away from it all, book a room here. Don't listen to any of that airport proximity nonsense; the planes that take off infrequently next door are no different than the cars and scooters passing by on the road out front. Next time I am in Key West, they can count on seeing me here again.

Beautiful Property!!

This is a truly spectacular property!! Only a few years old and what you see in the photos is exactly what you will get. Amazing rooms, huge balcony, open master bath with a large jacuzzi, big kitchen fully stocked with pots, pans, plates, silverware, cutting board (for those Corona limes), and even a blender. They didn't miss a thing!
The pool in so much larger here than the other hotel pools we saw in downtown Key West (including The Hilton) and not nearly as crowded. Airport noise is not an issue at all. No direct beach access so you'll need to take the shuttle, a cab or drive yourself unless you want to take a 30 min. walk. Tip: Stay away from Smathers Beach.....smells quite foul up close. We literally got off the shuttle, walked along the beach about 100 yards, walked back to the hotel and hopped in the pool and had a great time.
Bone Island shuttle comes by every 30 min or so from 9am to 11pm and stops off at various areas from the hotel to downtown. Not completely reliable and left us taking a cab a time or two but renting a car could get expensive and parking is a hassle downtown - you only need your 2 feet to get around and have a blast in the heart of Key West.
The ONLY drawback is that we were 3 miles from all the action and "goings-on" of Duval St. but with the shuttle, we were there in 25 minutes.
And lastly, for the proud American in ALL of us, you also get the priveledge of seeing a few groups of U.S. Navy F-14's, F-15's and F-18's flying high over head each day.
We loved this property and were truly amazed when we opened the door!! We actually had a full view of the Atlantic out the sliding glass balcony doors when we first walked in!!
Stay here before the prices go up!!

Highly recommend

by TripAdvisor Member mrspopeye

This is one of the niced places I have ever stayed. It was perfect for families with kids, and I got a great rate of $161/ night from expedia. The pool was beautiful. The 2-bedroom, condo-like rooms were 1000 sq feet with a huge balcony and telescope and tastefully decorated. Close proximity to a couple of good restaurants and is on the quiet side of the island. I will definantly be coming back.

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL & MORE WONDERFUL

I booked this resort basically because it fit into my budget. I have never been to Key West, so I didn't realize it was on the other side of the island. IT WAS FABULOUS!!! The well decorated, extremely roomy condo was perfect. It blew my expectations & then some. The island is small & the island has a nice a/c bus that comes to the hotel/resort every 20 to 30 minutes from 9 am until 11 pm.. This is a great place to stay.

I'll Be Back !!!

by TripAdvisor Member edsh2oengr

We stayed at the resort from June 17 -20th. Wish we could have stayed longer. The rooms are well appointed and have all the comforts of home and then some. You can't go wrong staying here. While its true that the resort is away from Duval Street, do you really need all that hustle and bustle? Quite frankly, it was refreshing not having to dodge the people who over indulge. If you looking for a relaxing vacation then go no further. We will definitely be back next year.

The best of the best!!

by TripAdvisor Member heidball78

We just got back and are already planning the next trip!! This hotel is beautiful!! We wanted to stay away from the action of Duval Street but were close enough to get there in a 5 minute drive. The condo had all the amenities of home with a full kitchen and washer/dryer in the room. You also get a beautiful view of the ocean. Make sure that you eat at Blue Heaven restaurant on Thomas and Petronia St. and Abbondanza on Simonton. They had excellent food at both!! The fighter jets that fly overhead a few times a day are also a nice added touch. You are only 2 blocks from the airport but the noise is absolutely not an issue. They are all smaller planes coming in and out. You will not be dissappointed in the least!!

Hotel

by Savnik

I am in the process of hotel searching in Key West... one of the resorts that looks appealing is the Hyatt Windward Pointe. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience whether good or bad with this resort. I can't tell if it actually looks nice or if the photographers are good at capturing pretty pictures :) I would also like to add that this is a family vacation and that there will be a one year old baby. I would prefer not to be in a "party" atmosphere. If you have any suggestions about hotels that fit my description or if you know much about the Hyatt then I would appreciate feedback. Thanks

Comments