Key West Bed and Breakfast

415 William Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

• Terrific accomodation and great location

Just two blocks off of Duval Street in one direction and two blocks for the City Harbor in the other - but away from the hustle. This beautifully kept and landscaped historic Conch House is hard to beat!

Reservations a MUST! Plan well in advance.

Unique Quality: Clean, clean, clean, bright, airy, great breakfasts, nice big hot-tub, Sweedish dry sauna, quiet private garden/deck, bikes available and outstanding Staff!

Directions: Historic Area

More about Key West Bed and Breakfast

The Best Bed & Breakfast on the Island

My wife and I recently spent a few days of our honeymoon at The Key West Bed & Breakfast - The Popular House.

It was a wonderful experince! The staff was incredibley friendly and helpful. The house itself is beautifully decorated and emits a very relaxing vibe. Great breakfast, wonderfull porches to sip your java, read a book or nap. And if your looking for action, it's a 5 minute walk and you're in the heart of the Duval district. There is no where esle we would consider staying when we return.

I Loved This Tropical Getaway.

I so enjoyed my stay at the Key West Bed & Breakfast this past March. The staff's ability to make the guests feel comfortable and at home is simply wonderful. The breakfast was incredible. It was served with fresh fruit, home baked breads, fresh squeezed orange juice and aromatic fresh ground coffee. The backyard is truly a tropical garden. My guestroom had a high ceiling and two huge windows to enjoy the tropical breeze. Oh, I so miss the pampering now that I am back to reality. I miss KW . . . looking forward to returning to my new “home away from home” next spring.

Home Away From Home

Looking for a relaxing quite bed and breakfast in Key West? Is it serenity and a home away from home you crave? Then Key West Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place for you. I have been a repeat guest for the past 8 years often visiting twice a year. Upon entering the house on our return we are always greeted with a smile and a "Welcome Home" from Liz. The rooms are cool and comfortable. The porches are a fabulous spot to catch a breeze and some time with a good book, there are plenty on the bookshelf in the living room. The gardens in the back of the house provide a beautiful canpoy to have a refreshing glass of fresh squeezed orange juice and fill your morning's appetite with scrumtious fresh breakfast cakes, bagels or breads. The personal attention we receive from Jodi, Liz and Jerry is second to none. Every trip we make to Key West Bed & Breakfast is a cherished memory. We will be guests for life!!

Welcome Home

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Key West B&B several times over the past 8 years and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. From the beautiful rooms to the lovely garden patio to the chaise lounges tucked away in the shade for an afternoon snooze, it has always been a piece of heaven. The staff is exceptionally friendly and welcoming and full of great suggestions for dining or activities should you so desire. Jody Carlson is truly a wonderful host. During one visit a few years ago, I was very careless about putting on sunscreen and ended up with a terrible sunburn. When Jody saw me the next day she went right out to the garden and cut some fresh Aloe Vera for me and my burn. Each day after that, there was some fresh Aloe waiting for me each day when I returned from being out and about. A visit to the Key West B&B truly is like coming home.

My new second home

I hadn't been to the Keys in 10 years. I went back to rediscover the area and relax. Staying at the Key West Bed and Breakfast was just what the doctor ordered. The beautiful three story house offers a very relaxing atmosphere, clean comfortable rooms, tropical gardens, and a great staff. You get the feeling of privacy yet you are a short walk from great restaurants and all the sites. The staff at the house are an absolute delight. Liz and her loyal dog Buddy really made me feel at home.
I may have fallen for the Keys all over again and I promise to return soon, now that I have a reason.

Well-deserved reputation!

My wife and I spent 8 wonderful days in December at the Key West B&B, also called The Popular House. I am happy to report that the glowing reviews on this site (which is why we chose to stay there) are NOT EXAGGERATIONS! From the moment we arrived there by taxi, we knew we had made a good choice. Jerry grabbed our luggage, hauled it up to our impeccable, impressive room -- and said "take your time settling in, then come down and see me for a tour". No check-in, no hassles! And for the next 8 days, nothing but friendly, helpful service and quality accomodations. When we had to finally leave, Jerry even moved their Jeep to another parking spot so we could have the one closest to the door. Try asking for that at the Holiday Inn!

What you can expect at the KWBB:
Plentiful, fresh breakfast every day -- ready early but available late too -- enjoyed in the private garden.
Liz, Jerry, or Jodi at your service for dinner reservations, activity reservations, bike rentals, advice, suggestions, directions, or just a friendly chat.
A beautiful room at a great price.
A neat building on a quiet, safe street, centrally located in Old Town (we walked everywhere from here!)
A little pool in the garden -- cool during the day and hot in the evenings (smart!!!).
Other happy guests who are pleased with their accomodations!

Hearfelt thanks to Liz and Jerry for a great time! We won't forget to send photos of the baby when it arrives in the spring :)

Paul and Chantal

A Perfect time at the Popular House

We had a 7 day trip to Naples, and decided to take one day out to drive to Key West and stay at a B&B. The drive took about 4 1/2 hours, but it was a beautiful drive along all the Keys. If you are looking for lunch or dinner along the way, make sure you stop at THE FISH HOUSE RESTAURANT in Key Largo. Our meals were soooo delicious, that we stopped there on our way out of the keys too. (102401 Overseas Hwy. Phone: --). It's an unassuming place from the outside, and easy to miss, so keep looking on your left as you enter Key Largo.

The B&B was easy to find. It was a very comfortable, easy going home. Not prissy in any way. It was uniqely decorated with paintings and drawings from local artists. The one owner creates beautiful chenille blankets on a loom, and the loom is right in the main room. It had wooden floors and a big wooden staircase. We passed a hall bathroom on the way to our room and it always had fresh towels and looked very clean.

Our room was "The Blue Room"--what a find! A cozy room with it's own bath. It had hardwood floors and a french door leading to a small sitting deck. Right outside the french doors was an orange blossom tree, and it perfumed the room all night.

There was one small wardrobe to hang clothes. We didnt' bring much since we only stayed one night, so it was fine for us. For someone with more luggage, she may have larger rooms.

The bathroom in the room was very cool---instead of sinks, it had the carved bowls with the big faucet above it--very fancy. Lots of fresh towels too. You will need to bring your own shampoo.

Ya' gotta love a B&B that has great linens, and everything was from The Company Store (online store for super soft linens and comforters). We slept like babies.

The courtyard has a jacuzzi, and it was very hot and bubbly. The gardens surrounding the jacuzzi were beautiful and that same orange blossom tree perfumed the whole outside.

Breakfast was alot of fun! We got down a bit late---9:30 a.m, and we missed most of the scrumptious cake/bread Liz baked, but there was bagels and creamcheese, orange marmalade, fruit, and coffee. Liz showed us how to use the big old fashioned citrus press, and we made our own orange juice. I loved this so much I bought one for myself off of Ebay!

Liz kind of goes over the "rules" of the house, shows you how to turn on the jacuzzi or find things in the kitchen, and then she gives you the privacy you need. Even though there were other folks there, we all got what we needed in the kitchen and had fun doing so. Then you take your plate outside onto the courtyard where there are plenty of shaded tables and chairs. We even got a visit from her outdoor cat. There are houses on either side, but you would never know.......the tropical garden makes it very private all around.

If we go to Key West again, we will stay at this B & B.

Great B&B

What a wonderful place in the herrt of old Key West. The house is charming, clean, beautiful, and filled with art which is all wonderful and helps to make for a great place to stay- yet the best thing about it is the people who own and operate it. They are so warm and friendly it feels like you actually live there, you are not just a guest. And don't let the lower price fool you - it is absolutely first class. When we go back to Key West we would not consider staying anyplace else.

"Popular" for a Reason!

We visited Key West Florida for a much needed break from hectic lives. The Key West B&B Popular House was the perfect retreat. From the moment we walked in the door we felt like we were at a treasured family summer home and instantly unwound.

The character of the house is hard to match - lovingly worn floor boards creaked in such a way as to quiet busy minds and the eclectic decor of the house as well as the meticulously chosen pieces of art lent a sense of individuality that encouraged a moment of stillness and appreciation. Individual touches - a "flower" on the bed, furniture made by friends, incredibly sweet Spanish papaya, and fresh baked goods with morning coffee, were all unique and peaceful additions to our stay.

Jody, Jerry and Liz were incredibly welcoming and helpful with suggestions of what attractions would give the best taste of the island, and yet they were all very good about allowing privacy and encouraging relaxation; there is no such thing as an uncomfortable silence here.

We have stayed at a number of B&Bs across the country and as my husband remarked upon entering our third floor room with a great window: "this is the best place you have found yet". How lucky we were to spend our trip in Key West at Key West Popular House, it will be remembered and held as the standard for years to come!

Comments