Key West Harbor Inn

219 Elizabeth Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

More about Key West Harbor Inn

A little heaven on earth

What a wonderful place to get that peace and tranquility one needs so much every once in a while! I was so confused as to which B & B to choose so I went on reviews from trip advisor. Boy, was I NOT disappointed. The KWHI was PERFECT. Our room was a good size for Key West (I know this because we had several other couples traveling with us who stayed elsewhere and were later sorry). The grounds were absolutely beautiful. At night it is lit up with soft blue lights and is oh so relaxing. The Inn is close to everything yet tucked away into it's own little world. We were able to rent bicycles on site and we were guided to a fabulous place to eat for our anniversary (Seven Fish). We enjoyed wonderful and filling breakfasts and refreshing happy hours. The pool and sauna stay open all night which is important so you can unwind after returning home from the night life. It is quiet and we never had a problem sleeping (unlike several of the other couples staying elsewhere). The staff was very friendly and accomodating. I am sorry, I could go on and on but will stop. You won't go wrong with the KWHI! I am a very picky person and I was in heaven.

Amazing Place ~ good for disabled too

by TripAdvisor Member laylaune

Traveling over the intercoastal I called early, HOPING that the inn would accommodate me leaving my bags there early while I waited for my room. I called and was pleasantly surprised that not only could i do that, but i could use the pool facilities...but also that my room was available EARLY! The inn keeper is an amazingly charming person, and all the personnel at KWHI are exceptional, specifically Nancy. Not only do they go out of their way to make you SLOW DOWN and smell the orchids, but they offer such an amazing place to stay that it's incomparable to anything else in Key West. We had the Cuba room...the carraige house off to the side of the office. It was such a lovely, cool retreat! The personal jacuzzi in the room is just perfect...the cool tile on your feet, the king size, luxurious bed is to die for. As soon as I got there early (11ish) I put on my bathing suit and headed for the cool pool...the fauna and flora is LUSH...plush and the people that I met were such laid back regulars...i knew i had a new favorite for travel destinations. This was my first visit to Key west...and apparently I picked THEE best place to stay. It's close to EVERYTHING...if that's what you want to do....you can moped all over or bike ride or just stick in the pool and lovely jacuzzi outside day or night. Their fresh fruit brunch is lovely...as i hear the happy hour is. You cannot go wrong here...it is by far one of the best holidays I've ever had. I only wish I stayed longer...:) Stay at the Key West Harbour Inn and enjoy it all...I did.

Relax & Get Away from it All!

by TripAdvisor Member Chagres

We stayed at the KW Harbor Inn during Hemingway Days. It has a great location and is so tropical! We spent alot of time in the pool and enjoyed the fresh breakfast and relaxing happy hour. The place is clean , the rooms are nice and the staff are all very nice as well. We loved it and plan on staying there again next time we're in Key West.

Tropical paradise without the hassle

If you want a tropical island, you don't have to leave the US. This was our 4th trip to Key West. This was our first time to stay at the Key West Harbour Inn. We stayed for 7 days and it was wonderful. The staff couldn't be more attentive, friendly, especially both Traceys, the housekeeping staff does an excellent job, even the person maintaining the pool, etc. was so nice, the breakfast and happy hour are the best and the location is great. Leonardo is a great host and has staff reflects we're glad you're here and we love what we do. We had a great time meeting different people at breakfast and happy hour. The pool and outdoor area are wonderful. We had the pool to ourselves most days. We loved not having that crowded standard chain hotel feeling. You can mingle or you can be to yourself. This is truly a tropical paradise. It's like being in another world when you go through the gates. We stayed in Martinique in the pool house and had friends who stayed I think it was Antiqua in the pool house. These rooms are downstairs and overlook the pool. I would request one of these rooms again although I'm sure any of the others are just as nice. The rooms are light, tropical and a great price as far as we're concerned. Especially if you visit restaurants for breakfast and visit the happy hour bars and consider what you're getting for all of this at the KWHI. We have traveled all over the US, Europe, MX and the islands and yet to find a place quite like this one. I did a lot of research and in seeing some of the places I considered staying, we would have been totally disappointed. You can party all you want, yet have a truly relaxed vacation in an island paradise. If you don't stay here, you will wish you had.

Can't wait to go back!

Just returned from a 3 night stay with another couple. I was a little worried about staying at an "Inn" for the first time. We usually stay at larger resorts for all the bells and whistles. We decided to stay at an Inn for a true Key West experience. We were not dissappointed! The Harbor Inn was the best!

We had the St. Thomas and St. John rooms. My only complaint is that the St. Thomas bathroom was a little small. The St. John and St. Croix had larger bathrooms. The owner told us he remodels each bathroom every 5 years. They were remodeling the Puerto Rico while we were there. The rooms were nicely decorated with bamboo shades, poster beds and hardwood floors. Bathrooms have hair dryers and toiletries. Maid service was daily and they even made little animals out of your pool towels...just like at the larger resorts.

They don't have a parking lot but we found a spot right outside the Inn and didn't have to move our car until we left. It looked like spaces would open up during the early evening hours. There is also a garage down the street. They let you unload your stuff in front, then you can find a place to park.

They had happy hour every day except Sunday with top shelf liquors (ie Parrot Bay Rum, Absolut Vodka, ect).

Breakfast was between 8 and 10:30 with bagels, croissants, pastries, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, coffee, etc. The coffee was very good by the way - this is coming from a self-proclaimed "coffee snob" :)

The grounds were beautiful!!! Lots of lush vegetation. It must have been 20 degrees cooler than on the street. It's like a little tropical paradise. The pool is very tranquil with the waterfall and surrounding trees. We would lay on the floats and almost fall asleep. There is not many rooms at the Inn so the pool and jacuzzi were never crowded. Let me tell you, its nice to have that peace and quiet before gearing up for Duval Street! The pool and jacuzzi stay open 24 hours.

The Inn keepers were great. They were very attentive to all our needs whether it was extra towels or booking excursions. They booked our jet ski and snorkle tours for us.

Last but definatley not least was the location. It was perfect! Right around the corner is the waterfront. They have several restaraunts, bars, shops and tour operators. Around the other corner was the way to Duval Street and Mallory Square which is maybe a block or two over. It was a better location than I expected.

It took me a long time to write this review because I wanted to be as informative as I could without being long-winded. You can email me if you have any questions. I can't say enough about this place. We will definately be back soon!

Great Place to Stay

The location of the Harbor Inn is perfect - right around the corner from everything you want to do. The staff was excellent- friendly and helpful. From the tropical courtyard to the distinctively appointed rooms, everything is immaculate and beautiful. It is very "Key West" but very quiet and comfortable with an inviting pool that has a waterfall made from coral and also a spa. This B & B offers a nice, friendly cocktail hour each afternoon and a big breakfast in the morning. What really sets it apart is the attention to detail - little things like key lime cookies left on your bed, a nightlight, and even scented bed sheets! We had a great stay at the Harbor Inn and would highly recommend it.

Great Place, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member parrotheads03

My wife and I just got back from a long weekend in Key West. As the old saying in the real estate biz goes "location, location, location", it holds true in Key West as well. I picked the Harbor Inn for location. It's right next to the Seaport and about three blocks from the heart of Duval (Sloppy Joe's, The Bull, Bear Bottom Club and our personal fav, Irish Kevins). The location sold it for me, but I was equally impressed with the Inn itself. Room was spacious and clean, bed was comfortable, pool was heated, spa was hot, staff was superb. What more could you ask for, except a longer stay! Can't wait to go back.

Friendly Staff, Cozzy Room

by TripAdvisor Member mrtourist

We just returned from a wonderful trip to Key West. Staying at the Harbor Inn made our trip a most memorable one indeed. This charming tropical inn is just a short walk from Duval Street and is actually right at the harbor. Once you enter the gate you feel like you are miles away in a lush tropical paradise. The rooms were immaculate and our chamber maid Danielle was an artistic, magical delight. The personal attention we received was 5-star and every corner of the room was lovingly prepared in style for us. I recommend The Harbor Inn and if you end up there, give Danielle our regards!!

Beautiful Inn

We have stayed at your beautiful b&b now once and loved everything about it. The room we stayed in was the Aruba and couldnt be nicer. We sent our daughter and her husband in oct. for her 40th birthday and they loved it more than we did if thats possible. Everything you would ever neeed is at the Harbor Inn. We are so looking forward to another visit this early spring. This is what gets you thru those cold snowy days of winter. Harbor Inn is fantastic. we love you. Bob and Sandy Harty

Location, location, location

by TripAdvisor Member Mr&MrsEWR

This B&B has an ideal location. It is located right on the Harbor (for sunset cruises), wedding chapels, etc. and just a short walk to Duval Street for all the nightlife activities. We stayed in the Martinique room which overlooked the pool area and the shortest distance to 'Happy Hour' which consisted of complete open bar and snacks as well as breakfast by the pool which was bountiful with fresh pastries, fruit, juices, breads and cereal. The grounds were well maintained and the housekeeping was immaculate. The staff went above and beyond in assisting with any of our needs. I highly recommend this location if you will be visiting Key West.
When we initially were searching for B&B in Key West, the pre-requisites were 1- close proximity to Duval Street and 2- sunshine. The pool area has great sun tanning availability as well as shaded areas with umbrellas for those who don't wish to tan.

Renior "Dance in the Country"Renior "Dance in the Country"

Custom House, Key WestCustom House, Key West

Seafood Company, Key WestSeafood Company, Key West

Who knew purple and red went together!Who knew purple and red went together!

Key West Bed & Breakfasts

by cromette

I am planning a trip for my husband and myself to Key West in late Sept., or early Oct.

I think we want to stay in a bed & breakfast.

We are going to want to frequent the beach, but we will want to do Mallory Square & Duval St. too. We need a nice, affordable place with a pool & cable.

Any suggestions?

Re: Key West Bed & Breakfasts

by cromette

Cromette again.

Okay, I have been reading some of the posts. More helpful Information:

Looking for under $160 range

Need either a kitchen or breakfast provided

looked at Blue Parrot Inn, Island City House, Center Court, Key West Harbor Inn, Treetop Inn, Westwind, Garden House, Ambrosia, Seascape, Bottle Inn, Knowleshouse, Mermaid & Alligator, Traveler's Palm.

Unfamiliar with beaches, which are best, where are public beaches, etc?

Thanks again

by TravelJunkie

Hi there. I just got back from Key West a couple of weeks ago.

We stayed at Center Court, which I see is on your list. It was great! We stayed in the "Artist House", which is probably much more space than you want for 2 people, but there are many smaller rooms that would probably meet your needs.

The rooms were very clean as are the grounds. They also have 3 pools and secured parking. From one of the pool decks you can look out over Duval Street (at Duval Square).

Have a great time!!!

by DBeauch

I have stayed at the Southermost on the Beach several times. It's a hotel but they also have two Victorian homes in the complex they call "Old Town Resorts". Good price, nice rooms and good beach w/3 pools. On Duval.

by teddyaderwich

I have stayed at Key Lime Inn on Truman Avenue, the rooms are all set around trees and bushes with quiet places for sitting and relaxing that include swings and hammocks. They have a nice pool and do a good breakfast.

We had a queen room with a four-poster bed, which was lovely - but it had no real outside space of our own, next time I would want to stay in one of their deluxe rooms that have their own porch....

... they looked absolutely lovely.

This time I am currently looking into either Duval Gardens or Bottle Inn - for our stay over the New Year period. Both look so lovely I just can't make up my mind!

Helen.