La Te Da Hotel

1125 Duval St, , Florida, 33040, United States

More about La Te Da Hotel

Great Transvestite Show

by Saltyawl about La-Te-Da

Very VERY talanted Female Impersonators - with a repetoir that will knock you socks off and send you home - laughing, and perhaps crying! Well worth the money (not expensive) very casual

Queen for a day

by jelw about La-Te-Da

La-Te-Da is a Nightclub, restaurant and Inn.
In the restaurant Alice prepares some of the very best food available in Key West, some say the world. A personal favorite of mine.
I would never go to Key West and miss having a delicious meal here. One of my favorites is the Norwegian breakfast, terrific with a Mimosa after an all nighter.
They have a wonderful drag show in the evening. Dancing, show and do tell. This is full on fun. Drag yourself away from the north end and enjoy this side of Key West.

Exellent dining

by Kittymjau about La te da

It´s a gay friendly place with gourmet food. Be sure to book a table, we didn´t but sat at a bar table wich was ok, but the service wasn´t so great but I´m sure it is in the restaurant. The food was exellent and the place is beatiful. On Duval street, but on the more quiet part. The y also have cabaret there but we didn´t go.
Go there but be sure to book a table before!

La-Te-Da

by Ericasmurf99 about La-Te-Da

La te da is a hotel, restraunt, bar and cabaret all in one. You can catch great singers at the piano bar or see a cabaret in the Crystal room. Yes you may have heard...the cabaret is in drag! They are absolutly great. They are funny and have wonderful voices. They know how to include the audience, so we all have a good time.

The owner Mark came around and said hello to everyone. He was very nice and wanted to make sure everyone was happy. We also met the stars of the show - Bobby Nesbitt, Randy Thompson, and Mark Watson - who are also great. The only NOT great person was our waitress. She didn't even come to our table, so we got up to get our own drinks. When she saw us do this, she walked up to us mad and told us to go sit down, that that was her job to get us our drinks. So she did bring our drinks and was provided better service after that. But then at the end of the night we saw her bad side again. We got our check, which was about $15.00 (we only had 2 drinks each). We gave her a $20 and started to walk away. I thought a $5 tip was suitable seeing as how we only had 4 drinks (1.5 trips for her, remember we got up to get our own first). She went to us and said "tips were not inluded in the bill". My friend said "We gave you a $20, the tab was only $15". The waitress made a sour face and said something we couldn't hear and walked away. Whatever. I am not from a rich background, so if a $5 tip was tacky, I wouldn't really know. I have just always based it off of service. Sigh, whatever.

Update Jan 2009: RIP Mark Barauck (owner). You truely knew how to make every single person who walked through LaTeDa's doors feel welcomed. Nice

Great Service, Original Recipes!

by swkat about La te da (Alice's)

We had a lot of wonderful dinners in Key West, this one was over-all experience: the food, service and ambience were all just right. This is a very small place, reservations are a must, but once seated we never felt rushed. Our waitress had a great personality and took time to chat, although obviously busy, we were never ignored or brushed-off.
The owner & chef, Alice, spent some time with us and she also just seemed so relaxed and comfortable that it made us all the more so. Seafood, seafood, seafood....of course, that is all I ever eat while near the water! I do remember a side dish that was so very tasty and easy to do at home: Alice adds some coconut to the rice. I am not a big coconut fan, unless it is toasted, but it really tastes good in rice.

Wonderful Stay

My husband and I stayed at the La Te Da for 5 nights at the end of March. All I can say is that the stay was perfect. Food and drinks were great. The staff and entertainers are very friendly. The place feels comfortable and relaxing. Rooms are what you would expect, pool area is nice and location is ideal. We will definitely be back.

Best Part of the Vacation

The La-te-da, was the best part of our vacation. Ideal for couples, gay or straight. Casual & comfortable, but classy. Great staff. Quieter location. Nice rooms. Excellent Restaurant-Although not widely reviewed, with comp breakfast. Don't let the name sway you. Stay here-You won't regret it!!! Note: Only issue was parking. Plan on finding a spot on a side street and getting a moped for the 4x2 mile island travel, otherwise you'll get stuck feeding the meter. Or, honestly, you could just walk up Duval.
Bonus: Harry & George the resident cats will stop by at the bar to greet you.

Perfect place to stay!

What a place! The rooms were beautiful with an enormous shower. The pool area was so relaxing as was the entire place. Dining area is as elegant as the nightly entertaiment and the food was delicious. There is even a separate deck on top in case you have a no tan lines preference. Everyone I spoke to on staff was extremelly pleasant. When we first arrived we parked out front to load the car we parked out front at the meter. They offered to watch the car for us until we unloaded and got settled so we did not have to worry about digging for change when we arrived. They were very accomodating, the waitress for the restaurant even let us order off the menu to have the food delivered to our room (they do not have room service) and was happy to do so. I will never stay at another place while in Key West. La te da Hotel was A+++ all the way!

Casual Elegance

by TripAdvisor Member LTep

The La Te Da is a very nice guest house - a great Key West experience. Though not luxury, it does have a casual elegance and the bars and restaurant are really top notch. The breakfast which is included with the room is quite good. The pancakes were light and fluffy, more like crepes. Though we did not have dinner there, as we spent nights about the town, the menu looked fantastic. We did have lunch and appetizers later in the evenings though and were really impressed. Try their shrimp and mahi caeser salad. Really great. And also the oysters rockefeller. The room was nice enough, but again not really luxury. Plenty comfortable, though. The pool is small but pretty nice - my only real complaint is that it is right up against the restaurant, so if you want to swim, you will have an audience of people eating. We were put off a little by this at first, but it didn't discourage us too much later during our stay. We did most of our swimming later in the evenings anyway. The bar outside was a great time and the bartenders were really nice and helpful. Mark, Jeremy and Jason were all very fun. You will spend some money at the bar, though. Drinks aren't cheap here. So, if you are on a budget, you might go elsewhere for better happy hour prices. Great location on Duval. Very close to the southernmost point, Duval beach, and a short bike ride to Fort Zachary Taylor. Quiet end of Duval, but within walking distance to all of the action. I highly recommend the La Te Da.

Fantastic Hotel in a Fantastic place - perfect

by TripAdvisor Member sin-7

We have just come back from a stay at the La te Da Hotel and much like everyone else the reviews are correct. There is no parking but you can park on the street and will not much crime your car will be fine. We actually parking around the corner in the car park of the local bank and everything was fine. We had a room beside the pool and I think most rooms will be the same. We have no complaints at all with room, it was nicely decorated and very comfortable. We ate in the restaurant adjoining and the food was excellent. We tried a restaurant called 9-1-5 up the road and it too was fantastic. 9-1-5 is also a wine bar.
The hotel is located on Duval Street on the lower end so away from the bars but a short walk. Duval street is wonderful with colonial style buildings and a great atmosphere and quite a few people who over indulged on alcohol! But there are loads of things to do there. Loads of watersports and boat trips. The pool in La Te Da is small but serves the purpose and you can relax by there and go for a swim at any time. They do have"drag" caberet shows which seem very popular with visitors but unfortuntely we did not have time to do that.

We have only one complaint - that is that we couldnt stay longer. We will defintely come back here, the staff were fantastic and location is perfect and KEy West is such a wonderful holiday for any age. Loved everything about it.

Grouper SandwichGrouper Sandwich

Key West gay accomodation

by RAGAZZO.IT

Coming to key West in June, any suggestions about good gay inns and restaurants.
Thanks
Ciao

Re: Key West gay accomodation

by CHICAGOJD

We were there in February and stayed at Atlantic Shores Resort, which is mixed, but mostly gay, and not a bad place. We met some nice people. Sea Isle is another popular one. I think all the restaurants there are gay friendly, and there are plenty of bars to choose from.

Re: Re: Key West gay accomodation

by Deus_ultima

ask tropicdiver... he knows everything about fla it seems

Re: Re: Key West gay accomodation

by fossettes

Chek out La-te-da! I used to go there for cocktails everytime I was in Key West (I stayed with my grandmother) It is a guesthouse, bar, and restaurant. Very friendly and the staff has always been incredibally fun!

Re: Key West gay accomodation

by TheConchMan

Here's a gay-friendly website for Key West accommodations:
Atlantic Shores is on the upper end of Duval Street right on the ocean & La-te-Da is located on upper Duval. A great place to go gay or straight. Alice's Restaurant is great, a quiet place to have a drink @ the Terrace Bar & the shows are awesome.

Dinner tonight :) 12/8

by ekseattle

So, not sure anyone will read this in time to respond...but we are staying in a residential neighborhood I believe its called old town...pretty old houses at least...we are on reynolds st. Curious if there are any small local places to eat in the local area here...I know duval is where the action is but we are looking for a few close places for breakfast (or one good one) and someplace laid back for dinner tonight...any ideas?

by ghosthunter

Not a clue i'm afraid as Miami is the closet i have ever been to the keys. Best of luck finding somewhere & at least you are guaranteed better weather than we have here in England at the moment - it's freezing.

by ekseattle

Haha I feel for ya...I just crawled out of the pool a few moments ago...its a nice mellow 75(f)24(c) degs here still with a nic cool breeze :)

by ghosthunter

Thanks for that - Will be about 7 months before we have those kind of temperatures in the UK . Guess i'll have to get myself to to Florida. Have a great evening..

by Roadquill

try chowhound.com and search the area you are in.

by TheConchMan

Not sure exactly where you are located at on Reynolds St., but two places come to mind. Flaglers at the Casa Marina Hotel at 1500 Reynolds St. & Louie's Backyard at 700 Waddell St.

by TRimer

I am not exactly sure where Reynolds street is but when we were in Key West we stayed near Duvall but walked to a number of restaurants in a residential neighborhood. You can check out my pages for more details but we loved the food at Michaels and at Mangia Mangia (both are at Southard and Margaret). We also had appetizers one night at Conch Republic. My parents recently ate at Seven Fish which they loved. It is at Elizabeth and Olivia in Old Town. Hope this helps.

by jelw

Towards the old town side "La-Te-Da's" offers a lovely breakfast on the terrace.

Comments