902 Whitehead Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• 2nd Year staying here

Located on Whitehead Street that runs parallel to Duval St. this one time "Gay" hotel is now an adult (no children) hotel which is nice when you want to relax at the pool. The cottages and rooms are all clean, some small but the upkeep on the buildings continue. The grounds are lush and well maintained and the staff are very friendly and helpful. They serve a continental breakfast poolside which was just perfect after drinking and stuffing yourself during the day and night. They have wireless at poolside so bring your laptop and you feel very secure due to the fence that surrounds the estate. I would not venture South of the hotel at night as that area may have some undesireables but day time is fine and most of the neighbors are very friendly. Its easy to find, just look for the lighthouse and its next door and of course Hemingways house is right accross the street. Very nice place and the price is fair.

• Perfect location

I stayed at the Lighthouse Court in March 2006. The room was very clean, nicely decorated and not too small. The grounds were green and lush. There are several little gathering/lounging areas and hammocks throughout the property. They also have a pool, gym, and cafe. It is well located, directly across the street from the Hemingway House and of course, next to the Lighthouse. The staff was very nice and friendly. My room was just over $200 per night including all taxes/fees during peak season. They do not have parking but it wasn't too hard to find a spot on the street just around the corner. It's nice to go back to a calm, soothing spot a bit away (but not too far) from Duval, especially during spring break time. I highly recommend the Lighthouse Court and will definitely stay again myself.

Unique Quality: The room was very clean, nicely decorated and not too small. The grounds were green and lush. There are several little gathering/lounging areas and hammocks throughout the property. They also have a pool, gym, and cafe. It is well located, directly across the street from the Hemingway House and of course, next to the Lighthouse.

• bout2blowup's Profile Photo

Key West's Best Hotel

Amazing accommodations, right across the street from Hemingway's House, near Duval Street, clean room, awesome pool and patio. Highly recommend this.

Unique Quality: Fantastic pool/patio area. Great Location, reasonable prices.

Directions: One block off of Duval Street

More about Lighthouse Court

Ultimate Key West Experience - A+

A+ all around – If you do not know the Lighthouse Court, you should acquaint yourself. This property is gorgeous, the staff is gracious, and the location cannot be beaten. Not to mention, relatively speaking, the room rates are very reasonable. If you are looking for true Key West experience – this is it. They have a total of 40 rooms and we had app. 50%+ booked with our guests over the course of our wedding week/weekend. Our guests had a fabulous time hanging out by the pool, getting drinks for the bar, and just relaxing. We had the Hemmingway Suite (to die for!!!) for five nights to serve as headquarters and main meeting place for our guests – bar, table, living room, loft bedroom, complete kitchen, private balcony that overlooked Whitehead St. and the Hemmingway Home – it was perfect! To top it off, we had a fabulous view of the Lighthouse from our bed! Not only would I recommend the Lighthouse Court for guest accommodations, they have a beautiful courtyard/deck that could quite easily be used for Friday BBQ and/or smaller receptions. We will probably never stay at another place in Key West besides the Lighthouse Court.

Loved it before...Now hate it!

by TripAdvisor Member qbill

Stayed there before when it was a gay hotel....very nice, clean, great atmosphere...good food...nice people...very sweet kitties. The next time I stayed there...2 weeks later mind you...all of that changed drastically. It turned straight. And not that I mind staying at straight hotels (sometimes I prefer it) but not at this one. When we checked in, we were "greeted" with rudeness and hostility from not only staff but with guests as well. I politely asked for my money back and was told I had to forfeit one night of my 2 nite's stay. I then informed the front desk staff that the hotel was still being advertised as gay ....I showed them the ad...and they told me it was an old ad and they forgot to cancel it and they still would not refund my money. I then told them I was a repeat customer...stayed there many times in the past...and the manager actually told me that the past no longer mattered now that the hotel was under new managment....no refund still. So we were prisoners for one night and it was horrible. The room was filthy, the "guests" were a bunch of low-life rednecks that would occaisionally throw anti-gay comments at us, and the staff was as rude as can be. I couldn't believe this place could go so low in such a short period of time. Thankfully, we checked out the next day and went to Atlantic Shores, which is also mostly straight and so much more welcoming and hospitable, with a great atmosphere and friendly people and with one of the funnest pools around. I would stay at Atlantic Shores again but never again at Lighthouse Court. It's sad....it used to be so good...but now, beware! They don't want you, just your money. I told my story to some of the locals around town and nobody was surprised....they told me Lighthouse Court now has one of the worst reputations in town, and I really can see why. It stinks.

Best Kept Secret in Key West!!

We had a fantastic stay at Lighthouse Court! Not only is it next door to the Lighthouse Museum, but it's directly across from the Hemingway House Museum! We'd read a couple reviews about this property that made us a little edgy, but we were more than satisfied! It's not a 5-star hotel, but at the price, we weren't expecting a "posh" environment. What we got was a clean room with our own covered porch overlooking the street (!!!) and a friendly staff that made sure we had anything we needed. The maid service even folded our toilet paper roll when they cleaned the room!! The cafe served a very good breakfast buffet and lunch, which we took advantage of several times during our stay. The prices were reasonable and the location was out of the madness, but only a block away from Duval Street. As for the roosters, they're part of the Key West experience and you hear them ANYWHERE in Old Town, not just at the hotels.

Nice for a Chicken Coop

by TripAdvisor Member rm94114

We booked one of their suites for 3 nights but ended up checking out early. I had called ahead to make sure there was internet service available; it didn't work our first day, and the front desk clerk was surly about it. Unfortunately, we were in a corner unit by the street which was noisy due to traffic, but the real problem was a rooster that sat on the fence outside our bedroom and crowed incessantly regardless of the time of day or night. After the first night, we asked to be moved but again was treated in a surly manner by the front desk. We checked out early after the 2nd night when the rooster started crowing at 3:30a and we could not sleep. The room and furnishings were very nice, but the noise was intolerable.

Hemingway suite is amazing

We stayed in the Hemingway suite and found it to be amazing! It has a loft bedroom and a balcony overlooking the Hemingway house. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We rented a golf cart/car and they even charged the battery for us at night. The only time we needed the car was to get to Smathers beach. The roosters are loud but we took along a "sound machine" that solved the problem. The weight room is very well equipped for a small space. Great location.

Roosters And Rocks

The hotel itself wasn’t that bad, not that great either. Clean room, comfortable bed, and all the other expected basics. Nothing fancy or extraordinary. BUT….the local city housing (projects) residents next door decided to throw rocks through our window on two separate occasions. When these events were reported to the front desk, it seems this occurs way too often (Shrugged it off and just had the pane replaced..and remember, this was TWICE!!).

Only ate breakfast at the “Café” on one occasion. Food was unremarkable and service was non-existent. I must say, we won’t be back to this establishment.

Be Transported Back in Time

by TripAdvisor Member MicheleSFL

Definitely stay in one of the front superior rooms with a porch - you'll feel transported back in time as you sit on your front porch and watch the people come in and out of the Hemingway House and look at the beautiful grounds around you. The rooms were decent, the pool area was great...good service from the waitstaff by the pool. This is a location-location-location spot...one block to Duval Street, a short walk to the southernmost point, a fairly short walk to Mallory Square and everything around you is filled with that special Key West culture. Parking is tough, but once parked you don't need your car. We'll stay here every time we come back to Key West....and that will be often!

What is the name of hotel/resort?

by dsmullen

My husband, daughter and I vacationed in Key West last summer. My husband and I are going back in August. I can't remember the name of a hotel/resort that we saw...it's next to the Hemingway House and there's a small restaurant between the HH and the hotel. And the front of the hotel looked to be in the shape of a boat. Would appreciate it if anyone can tell me the name. I just found this site today and I'm having so much fun going thru it.
Thank you.

RE: What is the name of hotel/resort?

by TheConchMan

Are you referrin to the " Lighthouse Court Hotel " on Whitehead St.?

RE: What is the name of hotel/resort?

by dsmullen

ConchMan, I'm really not sure, but thanks for the reply. I'll just have to check it out when we are down there.

Comments