Key West Hotels

Our Members Say

• paulapes profile photo paulapes
  • Reviews: 258

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Key West Hideaways--Island Oasis: Very comfortable and plenty of room for a family!

This is a cottage colony grouped around a beautiful pool, and it was terrific! Clean, comfortable, and perfect for a group of five, with two large bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, sleep sofa in the living room, washer/dryer. I would definitely stay in one of Key West Hideaways' many houses in Key West again. We had absolutely no complaints, the staff was very nice, the rental comes with daily maid service, and we were close to everything in the Old Town area.

Our location was at 606 Truman Avenue, just two blocks off Duval Street. This unit, because of it's size, was about $1700 for five days---for five people, I think it was a good buy. Two hotel rooms of the same quality (without kitchen, etc.) would have been closer to $2000. And we saved money by making our own breakfasts and a few other meals also.

They have many different size homes for rent, from little 1-2 person ones to large size like the one we stayed in.

Clean, comfortable, well taken care of, and the pool was great---great for families.

• Opinion of Price: about average

• jean101 profile photo jean101
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Wyndham Casa Marina Resort: best for families

We have been traveling to key west every winter for years(since marriot owned this place) first without kids now with kids. We have stayed at many different locations on the key but trust me this is it for travel with kids to key west.
My advice with kids also is get tickets first thing at the bone island shuttle park your car and leave it parked.

only place with a "beach" ( mind you it is a keys coral beach not one with waves) kids program- great pools- hot tub sunset view on beach, bone island shuttle stop, great food and for you with real young kids it is nice to eat dinner on the beach and let your child play in the sand right next to you happy as can be.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort, Family Travel
  • Written August 24, 2003

• 4_Beach profile photo 4_Beach
  • Reviews: 1

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casa Marina Resort: Hassles, Hassles, Hassle in Paradise, the Waldorf

When you rent a room in a hotel, you expect free access to the facility, to be able to come and go without impediment. You don’t expect a gang of thugs (two or more + uniformed police), that were not Waldorf Astoria Casa Marina, Key West staff, to stop you at the hotel entrance and demand identification. Let me repeat, these were not hotel staff members, and actually fellow guest. After some time explaining that you are not a part of the private group that the ruffians are representing, you are grudgingly allowed to pass, only to repeat the process at the other end of the lobby where you need to exit to go to your room. There was no other entrance and egress available. After complaining to the Waldorf Astoria Casa Marina, Key West management, they were powerless, and cowed by this organization that had rented out a portion of the hotel. No one said anything about this group function on reservation or on check in or offered any explanation on check in that would have at least alerted me, a full paying guest, of potential issues. I did find a printed notice in my room that informed me that parts of the grounds and facility were rented out to a private party and would not be available.

When you rent a hotel room, you don’t expect to waste time coming and going, having to deal with non-hotel staff elements that treat you like you don’t belong since you are not one of their group and you don’t deserve to be poked, although inadvertently, with 2-way radio antennae, as you enter an exit a hotel. A shorter person would have likely lost an eye. It’s a free country, and to be accosted by individuals, non-Waldorf Astoria Casa Marina, Key West staff, and identification demanded is just not what we are about in this country – wonder what the guest from outside the US were thinking?

After some thought, we wondered if the private function included individuals that needed such crowd control and a cadre of uniformed officers and were a little concerned for our safety. The Waldorf Astoria Casa Marina, Key West staff seemed to not be in control of their establishment. On further reflection, we think it is a responsibility of the Waldorf Astoria Casa Marina, Key West staff to protect guest from this sort of assault by other guest of the hotel, they were woefully inadequate.

I can understand, and would support having a security detail for a private function to control access, but not to the Waldorf Astoria Casa Marina, Key West itself. I have, been to many private functions, where the function access was controlled. In fact, I attended one last month in Anaheim, at a Hilton property, where a former presidential candidate was behind me in line top check in. I don’t think he would have suffered this indignation that was going on at the Casa, simply because he was not a part of the same function that I was attending.

The AC thermostat did not function, it was either ice cold or off. However, we would stay again, the property is that good, if we had assurance that the access, entrance and egress would not be an issue.

In summary, call ahead to check that you will have full use of the facility, you might have a great time.

The property is very good for a beach resort, the secluded beach, pool and hammocks are delightful. The food was good, and by Key West standards, in line as far as price. We went for relaxation that we achieved, between the hassles of leaving and entering the hotel.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average