600 Fleming St, , Florida, 33040, United States

Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

• No brats allowed...yeah!

Friends stayed here when they first moved down...I loved hanging out there with them. Otherwise it is way too expensive for this salty trash.

Unique Quality: No kids allowed keeps the pool area perfect for reading and sipping a drink without worrying that some brat is going to water down your perfect cocktail with his cannonball.

It seems like there were a couple of the rich and famous people coming and going discreetly. So if you see some, don't be a geek and gawk!

Directions: 2 blocks off the center of Duval.

More about Marquesa Hotel

top drawer Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Phaedra

My husband and I spent 5 days (2/9/07 - 2/14/07) at the Marquesa Hotel. I can find nothing detrimental to say about this beautiful little hotel. We had a Jr. Suite, ground floor, which was extremely comfortable and quiet; a sitting area with chair and sofa, TV, double sink bath, more towels than you'll ever need, and private porch. A continental breakfast can be ordered from the attached Marquesa Cafe, for $10. It will then be delivered to your choice of room, porch or pool side. There are 2 pools, one of which is heated. Twice daily maid service, and a staff that is very friendly and knowledgable about Key West make this an oasis in the midst of a bit of crazyness. This hotel is at the top of my list.

Awesome Hotel

My husband and I went to the Marquesa for a tenth anniversary trip in July. We had a jr. suite that was very spacious and beautiful. They give you a complimentary glass of wine at check in which is a nice touch. The grounds are very tropical and they have a heated pool and a non-heated pool with complimentary ice tea and lemon ice water available at the pool. They also have comfortable loung chairs and towels available at the pool.

The beds in the room are very comfortable. We had a seating area with a couch,chair and a desk area. There are 2 tv's in the room. The patio had a table with 2 chairs and 2 wicker chairs. The bathroom is spacious with plenty of counter space, hairdryer, and tub-shower combo.

We ate dinner at the Cafe' Marquesa on our first night. They had remembered we were celebrating a special occasion even though I had made the reservations months ealier. Our table was decorated and they brought our desert out to us with a sparkler in it. It was very nice that they remembered. I didn't ask for anything special because we really don't like to be in the spot light but what they did was tasteful and not over the top. The food was very good, also.

While in Key West we ate at Blue Heaven for breakfast (excellent), B.O.'s Fish Wagon for lunch. We had fish sandwiches that were so fresh I think they caught the fish after we ordered. The atmosphere at B.O.'s is very casual and interesting.

Over all our first trip to Key West was great. The only problem was hurricane Dennis cut our trip short. After spending 24 wonderful hours at the Marquesa we were told there was a mandatory evacuation of non- Florida residents. The marquesa told us we could stay as long as we had to since we didnt have any means of transportation. They kept us updated with weather reports. We eventually got a limo service from Miami to come get us and we flew home from the Miami airport since the Key West airport was closed.

We enjoyed our trip so much ,even though it was under stressful conditions, that we have already booked another trip to the Marquesa, this time in Feb. 2006. (no hurricanes)

Highly individual

We stayed at the Marquesa for three nights on our first trip to Key West. It is a gem, and worth every penny (cent!) The attention to detail on every aspect of guest service was superb. BA had lost our luggage in transit and the staff were extremely helpful in contacting Miami and assisting with the essentials. Excellent beds, great cottons, big bathrooms, lovely pool area, with comp iced drinks. Very clean, and well maintained. Location is only one block from Duval, if you are looking for, and appreciate, discreet, couteous, but personal service, then this is a must.

The Restaurant Is Worth It Alone

Everything said positive in other reviews is absolutely correct. But not enough attention is given to the great Marquesa Restaurant on the premises. I will go back just to eat there, and I will not have any dinners any place else during my stay. Nothing I have tried in Key West even comes close to the greatness, especially the lousy Kelly's (stay away!).

very, very, good but not great

by TripAdvisor Member santorini06

i have just recently begun to use tripadvisor before i went to key west for the forth of july weekend. I found it very helpfull so i wanted to return the favor. My fiance and I were just engaged so I wanted the weekend to be special, which it was. I reserved a junior sweet on the pool approximately 3 months before hand. Because it was a holiday weekend there was a three night minimum about four hundred dollars a night. I have no problem spending that much money at all....but I do expect a little more for it. I found the hotel to have a beautiful decor. Classic elegance mixed with a tropical feel. The room was spacious with a great porch that we spent all of our time on watching the other guests at the pool. Pretty much everybody partakes in this guilty pleasure at the hotel.
I informed the hotel that we were recently engaged. I don't expect anything complimentary but a glass of celebratory champagne would have been nice. I found the concierge to be very helpfull in making reservations but when we had a guest arive for the day, they were treated very rudely. I would not have expected this but I guess everybody can get testy once in a while. I was not offened but my guest was and let them know immediately. The concierge never appoligized to her.

We ate at the restaurant and just was not impressed at all. My fiance hade the tile fish which was good and I had the fillet wrapped in bacon and blue chese which was just ok. After wine and an appitizer we spent $400 and left unsatisfied. The restaurant service was spectacular though. They even brough dessert to our room. The only problem was that the maid service had left by that time and no one came back to take away the dirty dishes. They were left on the porch all night and morning. A little gross.

The room was very spacious. I would recomend a poolside room. But not the junior sweeet. A regular poolside room has the same furniture, bathroom, and ambiance. The only difference is that it does not have a living room. Which is not needed when you have the porch outside.

We ate at blueheaven every morning. I have only had one better brunch before in my life. It's setting is unlike anything else. Rosters walk right by your table. Get there early because the wait can get unbairibly long once the hot summer sun gets going.

We made annual trips to Irish Kevins for college-like entertaainment.

My overall feel of the hotel is tough to desrcibe but once you have expierienced the feeling you will agree. The hotel is very nice.....I would stay there again but not on a holiday weekend when it is the most expensive. Again very nice but not as amazing as I was expecting. I fully encourage you to stay there but try not to get too excited like I did because the last thing you want to be on your vacation is disapointed.

P.S. I have never been a good speller....sorry

Over rated - seriously, do your research

We booked Marquesa based on recommendations on this website by prior guests. I have to be very honest with you...the hotel is over rated to say the least. Unless you stay at the poolside suites (which seems to be very nice)...and are willing to cough up $350+ per night or more, don't bother. If you're going to spend less than $250 per night at this hotel, you'll be disappointed with the rooms and to save yourself the stress (which is the last thing you want from a vacation at Key West), try Garden or Heron House or someplace where you do get more bang for your buck.

Also don't forget that your daily room rate DOES NOT include breakfast. However, for an additional $10 you can order continental breakfast, which by the way does not have eggs, pancakes or french toast on the menu. Like I said, Marquesa is only good if you stay in the $350+ suites. Even so, you will find yourself waking up with street noise (scooters, cars etc). One last thing...don't expect a poolside bar or any such service. All you get is iced tea (on the house)...and some towels.

Lastly, don't count on the concierge to give you redstaurant recommendations. We had asked for recommendations...and found ourselves in restaurants we would otherwise never eat at (re: loud, touristy).

Hope this helps!

Still Great!

by TripAdvisor Member tundergarth

It's been six years and at least one major hurricane since we last visited the Marquesa. Due to a possible family problem we had to cancel our original reservation and called just three days prior for a 3 day reservation for what turned out to be a boat racing weekend. We were accomodated for two of our three requested nights albeit in two different rooms. Even so, even with having to move from room to room, the stay was delightful. The rooms were spotless and perfect in every way. The gentle continental breakfasts were in perfect keeping with the environment. The staff did everything to help our moves be as painless as possible, and dinner at the Cafe was excellent as well. Looking forward to our next visit to the Marquesa with a little more lead time.

Nice but not really nice!

by TripAdvisor Member traveler1345

The location of the Marquesa is pretty central to Duval Street and to Mallory Square (not too far to walk), however, our room had very uncomfortable beds and the street noise was difficult to deal with. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the other guests at the small hotel were very rude and snobbish. The Marquesa Cafe served much tastier fare last year than this year. Also, the hotel is not appropriate for children under twelve, as there is nothing for them do except to swim in two tiny pools.

Exceeding Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member RidgefieldCtravelers

My wife and I stayed at the Marquesa with 2 other couples Easter week 2006. The grounds are beautiful, the room (Junior Suite) was wonderful, the location perfect, and the staff very pleasant and accomodating. We arrived at 9AM after an 8 minute cab ride, expecting to put our bags in storage until check-in time, we were told that our room was ready and we could check in immediately....you dont get that at some of your finest hotels/resorts. As we were taken to our room by Bob (so pleasant), we walked by both pools (1 really heated, 1 cold) which are beautifully landscaped, and up to our terrace/porch....the porches had a wicker loveseat, wicker chair, coffee table AND table for 2 to enjoy breakfast/lunch/dinner. There was a ceiling fan and full lighting (with dimmer control) also. The rooms open through a pair of french doors, so beautiful. The sleigh bed with comfy linens made for such a nice look with the hardwood floors and plenty of windows. Bathroom was to die for.....2 sinks, a large enough tub for a bath with beautiful hardware throughout. Dining at the Cafe Marquesa was also a pleasant experience, with great food, great wine list, nice bar, great service and a 50 foot walk back to our room. Living in the NY Metropolitan area we consider ourselves restaurant snobs...and we left Cafe Marquesa with a positive experience. I will advise you though that the public areas are very tranquil...cell phone use is discouraged in all public (outdoor) areas. So if you're looking for a vibrant poolside experience and intend on "whooping it up" than you may want to look elsewhere. Duvall Street took care of our energy levels from 10AM - 12:30 AM.....Marquesa was perfect for "The Day After"...Tranquility helped heal our wounds. We are all planning a return next year.........Thanks to the entire staff at the Marquesa for a wonderful experience!!!!

Accomodations

by kodachrome

Where's the best place to stay in Key West?

by jjjenny

It depends on what you want or are looking for.
beachfront, in town, budget, luxury, etc

RE: RE: Accomodations

by YVRDave

Little Palm Island

by colleenn

La Te Da....it's the best and right on Duval Street. I live here and was married at La te da, my guests stayed there and loved it. One of the nicest spots on the island.

by Robachu1

My wife and I stayed at the Simonton Court Inn. It is not the best but still nice. It is a little overpriced though. http://www.simontoncourt.com/

According to Travel and Leisure Magazine the Marquesa Hotel is the 9th best in North America and Little Palm Island Resort & Spa is 31st. The Hilton property, Sunset Key Guest Cottages, are rated at number 71.

by BritishBex

I loved the Hilton,especially with a sea view,sitting on the balcony in the morning with a coffee,bliss,and the power showers are fab.Quite pricey though!!

by teddyaderwich

I have stayed both at the Key Lime Inn and the Red Rooster. They were both fab places to stay, great rooms and great breakfasts. Overall, personally I would say that the rooms and gardens were better at Key Lime Inn (I like the hammocks etc) but the staff were friendlier at the Red Rooster.

Breakfasts at both places were fab, especially when you can have freshly baked waffles daily at the Red Rooster !

:-)

Ted

RE: RE: Accomodations

by Robachu1

I envy you! Freshly baked waffles!? Simonton Court served waffles from the toaster. Needless to say the breakfast at Simonton Court was not one of the high points of our stay in Key West.

On a budget?