811 Simonton Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Otel.com

• IslandParrot's Profile Photo

Quaint Little B&B

A quaint little guesthouse right off of Duval on Simonton! It is amazing there...nice little pool set in a tropical setting. Bouganviella and Frangiapani plants scent the air with an amazing aroma. The hardwood floors in the rooms at a 19th century charm to the whole setting. Definitely worth visiting at least once...you will find yourself going back time and time again!

More about Merlin Guesthouse

Loved the Merlin Guesthouse

My wife and I just got back from a fantastic stay at the Merlin Guest House in Key West, FL. The rooms were great, the location was close to everything and most important, EVERYONE was friendly and helpful. I would recommend the Merlin Guesthouse to anyone who is staying in Key West.

Absolutely the BEST!

I shopped on line for a guest house to stay in in Key West and the Merlin House was the greatest find! The staff (espically Abby and Natalie) were wonderful! The location, perfect! The room size, great! The cleanleness, the best! The pool refreshing! Breakfeast, tastey! There is absolutely nothing negative about the Merlin House! I would (will) stay there again and suggest it to all my friends and family and maybe even my enemies!

Thanks to the Merlin House for making my birthday one of the best vacations I have had!

Intimacy and Peace on the Perfect Honeymoon

Like nearly all guests of the Merlin Guesthouse in Key West, we found their website on the internet. The main attraction for us was the price, which seemed exceptional, and the photos of the lush greenery and pool looked very inviting.

We arrived in the middle of a pouring rainstorm, and our first impression coming through the gate was the delicious smell from some flowering tree arching over the walkway. The room we were given was in a tiny building of 4 rooms with a cozy porch overlooking a sweet courtyard with a hammock. We were a little anxious about the size of the room, at first, but quickly came to realize that the room had everything we needed and the porch provided the extra "relaxing" space the bedroom itself didn't provide. One of our most favorite activities of the week we spent in Key West was to sit on the porch in the rain [it rained 3 of the 7 days we were there.] and smoke one of the famous Key West Cuban cigars and talk to the other guests.

The continental breakfast was perfectly adequate, and gave us further opportunities to chat with the other guests. Summer mornings on the deck with a glass of juice and an English Muffin were as peaceful as any morning we've ever spent anywhere.

In the afternoons, when we were too tired and too hot to walk around Old Town any more, we came back to the pool to cool off and maybe take a nap. The pool was sparkling clean and refreshing, and towels were available poolside. There is plenty of seating around the pool, and we found yet another chance to chat with the guests from around the world who had also made their way to the Merlin Guesthouse.

We have had a difficult time easing back into our normal, pre-honeymoon, routine. We were spoiled and pampered at the Merlin Guesthouse and absolutely plan on returning.

NICE BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mgambler

My wife and I stayed at the Merlin House for our vacation. The rooms in back are a little less loud then the ones in front. The room was very small, old wood floors, and there are some bugs now and then. but the staff was nice and the pool was cold very cold! want to save some money and still be in old town? Its worth it. Want a nice quite room clean with everything? I would look somewhere else. This place was warm and charming in its own way. You could do alot worse in Key West believe me! I have stayed in some. Enjoy Key West!!!!!!!!!!

Old Key West at its best!

I stayed with some friends at the Merlin in March. It was one of the prettiest hotels that i have stayed in. The room we chose was a 1 bedroom cottage, it was so spacious, plenty of room to eat sleep and chill out.

The room also had a bonus of a second door which opened to a small side street were we managed to get a permit from the guest house to park our car there for the duration.

The pool area was lovely, very refreshing, and the grounds well kept.

The property itself was very secure, with key entry into the grounds.

This place is perfect for anyone looking to be in one of the best locations of the town, within walking distance of everything.

The guesthouse would be perfect for anyone, but especially for people on honeymoon etc. I cant wait to visit Key West and the Merlin this coming year.

A good time in the back room... :-)

by TripAdvisor Member patsydarling

My mom and I stayed in one of the suites in the back on the alley and we loved it. There was a slight bit of noise once in a while as people walked past on their way back from the bars, but my mom slept right through it. Everything was clean, everyone was friendly and you can't beat the location.

Not the greatest

First the cons, we had a room facing the street and it was very noisy. Lots of street noise but most of all was the noise you got thru the walls. Our neighbors were not even talking loud and we could hear every word they said. Not to mention the T.V. Room was dark.
Staff was not friendly.
Now the Pro's, Great location close to all. Would I stay there again? NO, I would rather stay in a more friendly environment.

Worked out well

by TripAdvisor Member traveller999991

Got one of the back suites, noise was not an issue, it's not luxury accommodations but it sufficed for a quick romantic getaway. Breakfast is fine and pleasant by the pool, staff was friendly, location is great.

Comments