Nassau House

1016 Fleming Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

More about Nassau House

Pleasant Suprise in Key West

I agree completely with the couple from Charlotte, NC's review. After a disappointing stay at the Southernmost Hotel last summer I knew I wanted to stay at a B & B this April. I researched and read all the reviews on Trip Advisor before booking a room and was pleasantly suprised when we arrived at Nassau House. The home has a wonderful front porch and is surrounded by lush tropical gardens. Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted by Michael and the other guests and made to feel at home. I loved our room on the 3rd floor, which included a living rm-kitchen area, bed rm, bath, and small porch area. My husband and I were traveling with 2 teen age boys and we didn't feel at all cramped in the room. The place was clean, tastefully decorated and very inviting. Breakfast was wonderful and we enjoyed the wine and conversation in the late afternoon before heading out to dinner.
Michael is a wonderful host.

Great Weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member bingodrayne

We had a wonderful time staying at the Nassau House in Key West.
Michael, Mark and Ponder were excellent hosts and very accommodating.
The breakfast was delightful and the location on Fleming was ideal.
Cannot wait to play another round of lairs poker. Thank you Michael, Mark and Ponder. Christine & I will see you again soon.

everything we hoped for and more

My husband and I were recently married on the beach at Fort Zachary Taylor State Park and stayed in the "honeymoon suite" at the Nassau House. The entire experience at the Nassau House was fabulous, starting with the pleasant phone conversations to book the room all the way to saying our good-byes to Michael, Mark, and Ponder. There was so much personal attention-Michael and Mark suggested restaurants, activities, and even the wedding company that we used. We originally planned to stay four nights at the Nassau House and then go to South Beach for the remainder of our honeymoon. We liked the Nassau House so much, we extended our stay. My husband and I are looking forward to return visits to the Nassau House!

Nassau House is the best, by far

Michael and Mark were exceptional hosts and their bed and breakfast is outstanding. My sister and I stayed at this charming Key West B&B for four nights. It was very obvious to both of us that they love their job and their newly renovated B&B. They were helpful and since this was our first visit to Key West, they enhanced the warmth of this quaint little town. We loved our adventure and we would return to Nassau house in an instant!

We will be back soon!!!

We had such a wonderful time at the Nassau House, from the moment we were greeted by Michael, Mark & Ponder to the hugs goodbye. The rooms were unique, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The location was ideal. The breakfast was a fantastic spread of homemade coffee cakes, muffins and of course that KeyLime Pie!!! We're already planning our next trip down and we won't be staying anywhere else!

Comfortable and Connected

Thanks to Michael, Mark and especially Ponder for making me feel comfortable and connected! My husband and I had booked the Honeymoon (second) Package for 6 nights. We were meeting friends for their renewal of vows, Key West being OUR idea. Two weeks before departing Ohio, my husband's job prevented him from coming with me. I still enjoyed all the "extras," and felt really comfortable there on my own. I hung out quite a bit at the house and it was quite wonderful. My hosts always asked about my day and activities! Beautiful room and common areas! I'd go back tomorrow! I might even bring my husband!

We've been back 3 Times!!!

My husband and I have never stayed in a BandB and to be honest he really had no interest. Well that changed seconds after we arrived to the Nassau House. Michael and Mark are fantastic hosts, booking day trips, making dinner reservations, giving us suggestions on what to see, and just making us feel like we are on vacation in our own home. They have bikes on location which was great because we rode all over the island and never needed a car. The Nassau House is located around six blocks from Duval Street, the main attraction, which makes it very conveniant. The rooms are all created different, very comfy and clean, which means we have to go back six more times in order to stay in every room. We love the Nassau House so much that one day we never left. We woke up to a delicious breakfast, sat on the front porch to read and people watch, took a dip in the lagoon pool(loved it), and just stayed for happy hour which was fun. You will get to meet people from all over and in addition you get to know two of the nicest guys who are exceptional hosts and extremely cute by the way! One more thing, their dog Ponder is friendly and lovable and I can promise you will want to take him home! I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone because it is truly home away from home!

loved the Nassau House

I have stayed in many B&B's but the Nassau House is by far the best I have ever been to. I have never felt so comfortable and welcomed in a B&B before, the way Micheal & Mark made us feel.
The wonderful rooms, the pool, the great times we had during happy hour. The food and the way they handled everything, from booking reservations in a nice resturante to coordinating our days. To stay in the Fla. Keys is an experience within it's self, but to stay at the Nassau House in the Keys, that's experiencing the Key's in a much Higher level. I have been home 2 days and already have told 11 people about the Nassau House.

If I had to some up the Nassau House in one word, it would be PARADISE. I was so impressed and pleased by the staff of the Nassau House that I am already making plans to visit next year.
Thank you Micheal, Mark, Margaret and of course Ponder for making me and my wife's vacation a spectactular one, I look forward to vacationing there again next year.

Sincerely
Manny & Janice
Tamiment, PA.

No Risk B&B

Our experience at the Nassau House this past weekend has set our B&B standards high. Our favorite things were the small pleasures... key lime pie and homemade white bread for toasting each day (couldn't even pass those up on the day we went out for Mother's Day Brunch!), the beach chairs on the porch outside our door, the swing on the front porch with music and a waterfall, and of course, the lagoon for a dip (bet you thought we were never getting out!). Mark and Michael were willing to recommend, direct, do and re-do. If they didn't know the answer, it was instantly obtained with a quick and pleasant phone call directly to the source. Our best to you both as you climb to #1.

it was so fantastic we actually shed a tear when we left after only 2 days

Michael, Mark and Ponder, thank you for the most refreshing stay at a B&B that I have had. These guys take the buscuit literally. Fresh bread, cakes pie, juice and coffee for breakfast, what a change from all that usual stuff! we werent sure about the drinks at 5pm, when everyone got together, but boy did we go to every one.........the wine flowed as did conversation and Ponder with his pretzel trick! (Ps I am scared of dogs but Ponder was a wonderful chap not a bit of a jumpy barker at all) it was soooooo laid back and relaxing, the lagoon covered by palms and vegetation available for you any time of day, the reccomendations, we had some amazing cuisine and no where near Duval street! It is only a straight 5-8 min walk onto Duval, but there a few very good restaurants a 3 min walk away that are wonderful, try cafe soleil really good and mark will give you a voucher for free wine bottleabout $100 for a really good seafood menu from an award winning chef. There is a good sandwich shop on the corner paradise cafe. You can park easily outside and leave your car, walking is easy everywhere in Key West, well after lots of wine, perhaps not so easy! the rooms had full new carpeting only last week! it is kept to a high standard and is very clean. The best thing about nassau is that you can go out for the whole day, or you can relax on the deck with the lagoon and a glass of wine all day and feel totally like you should be there and you arent in the way, people from all over were there, and Michael and mark are a well travelled and interesting couple. We enjoyed this stay and will be back guys, probably the year after next....so dont forget us ! Any family tripping to Florida will also be Most Definitely told to stay at Nassau - worst thing was - we wanted to stay an extra day, but couldnt because it was so booked up!!!!! maybe we shouldnt tell people!Mark Michael and Ponder - Heres to the No1 spot!!!! you deserve it Love Karl tori and of course the Lion

Comments