Zero Duval, Key West, FL 33040

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• XKuger's Profile Photo

Best Hotel by the Ocean

This is a awsome little hotel at the beggining of Duval street. It can be pricy depending on the time when you are trying to stay there, mostly they have higher prices for Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Most rooms are ocean facing, or get one that does. The interior decor is very carribean with a nice balcony over loking the ocean. There is a lot of closet space to store stuff and the airconditioner realy helps you beat the Key west humidity.

They do not have a complimentary breakfast but the mexican omlet nice, a change to the regualr stuff you eat on most days. The restaurant over looks the pier & pool. Its a small pool.. that was under renovation when I was there.

Over all a fantastic hotel that I would suggest anyone to stay at...

Unique Quality: Th bath tub has a view of the ocean which reminded me of my vacation in Nafpolio in Greece where I stayed at Amitrion where I could view the blue mediterranean right when you soak in the tub with a glass of wine.

Directions: Its at one end of Duval Street and you cannot really miss it as you cannot go any further than falling into the ocean.

• Skigirl's Profile Photo

Sunset Pier

Location, Location, Location
    This hotel is very nice but the main attraction is that it is located at the Sunset Pier which is a perfect way to catch the sunset and have a wonderful margarita on the rocks with salt!

Unique Quality: Outstanding for its location and proximity to the west side of Duvall Street.

Directions: Very West end of Duvall . . . before the water!

More about Ocean Key Resort

Ocean Key Rules!

My family and I just returned from a fantastic 5 day, 4 night stay at the Ocean Key. We loved everything about this place.
The location is perfect, right next to Mallory Sq., with a variety of water activities (waverunners, parasail, charter fishing, snorkle trips, sunset cruises) just steps from the front door.
The pool area offers plenty of cushioned lounge chairs and a never-ending supply of large towels and ice water as well as service from the Sunset Pier bar. We ate lunch at the pool almost every day.
The staff is professional, friendly, and efficient. They remembered our names, made us feel very special, and truely contributed to our overall experience.
We had a one bedroom, oceanview suite that was beautifully decorated. The kids slept on the fold-out couch in the living room, which was always unfolded and ready for them to jump into when we returned each night after enjoying all that Key West has to offer.
The kids (boys ages 8 & 11) had a ball. I was concerned that there would not be enough for them to do and that the hotel might not be thrilled to have them. There was no need to be concerned. Between the water activities, museums, aquarium, and pool they were never bored.
We will definitely be returning to the Ocean Key, hopefully sooner than later.
PS: Their Hot Tin Roof restaurant is a must.
PSS: We drove to Ft Myers and took the Sea Key West Express shuttle. Would definitely do that again too.

Best place to stay

We have visited Key West 7 times and have stayed 3 times at Ocean Key Resort. These people go beyond the call of duty. You get what you ask for and more. I asked for extra bars of soap, and I returned to a sink that was lined with conditoner, shampoo, and moisturizer samples I did not request. I also had a flat tire on my wheelchair. I thought the staff would tell us where to get it fixed, but they found a new tire and made the repair at the hotel. I don't want to stay anywhere else. This is a great place to stay.

Beautiful Hotel with gorgeous views

My husband just returned from a long weekend at the Ocean Key House. Not only was our room lovely with a spectacular 180 degree view of the ocean (request a corner room), but also we really enjoyed the other guests whom we met. The ocean front pool is a fun and lively spot with friendly and courteous service. At sunset, the area really comes to life, with Mallory Square to the left and Ocean Key's Sunset Dock to the right. However, at night, things are peaceful, because Duval Street's bars are out of earshot. All in all, a fun, pretty hotel that contributed to our enjoyment of Key West. Very relaxing!

Excellent Choice!

The Ocean Key surpassed our expectations. The location couldn't be better and the service was top-notch.

We booked a Junior Suite with an ocean view. We were originally on the third floor. Our room was gorgeous, but our view was partially blocked by palm trees. When we asked for a different room, the staff was so helpful and accommodating. They switched us to the fifth floor overlooking Mallory Square and the ocean. Request a room on the fifth floor! They have cathedral ceilings and a dormer window. Fantastic!

The pool was gorgeous and the service was great. The server was always nearby when we needed anything, and someone came around periodically with cool wash cloths and even complimentary mango sorbet!

Our package included breakfast each morning at Hot Tin Roof, a wonderful restaurant with gorgeous views and great food. Loved it.

Everything about Ocean Key was super, right down to the conch shell on our pillow each night. I can't recommend this hotel enough!

Best Resort in the Keys

by TripAdvisor Member HappyCamping

I have been to the Keys numerous times, I have stayed at the Key House three times and am going back in November 2004 for two weeks. The rooms are huge and well worth the splurge. We saved by eating in and utilizing the kitchen a few times and we had a suite with a washer & dryer which saved us in laundry and time. All in all a wonderful experience which I would highly recommend. It truly is worth the extra money you spend and the location can not be beat. We took a cab from the airport and never even gave a car a second thought. Also, without a car, you save on the $15 per day parking charge. The staff couldn't do enough for us and were friendly. Best deal in town.

Book It

This place was great!! Booked a night in the two bedroom suite. It was clean, huge, and most important "comfortable." Me & the wife took the master bedroom "king bed" with huge bathroom, dressing area, and whirlpool tub and stuck the kids in the 2nd bedroom with a queen bed.
The service was great, valet parking, extra towels, and dinner arrangements all very easy. The location was perfect just a few steps away from everything. I have stayed in the lower keys all my life and never stayed in a better resort. If you want to feel at home while being away you should book this place!!

by hoo4ia

Has anyone stayed at the ocean key resort? Is it nice? convenient? also, any recommendations on what to wear in February in Key West out in town? is it casual? thanks!

Re: Ocean Key Resort

by donato1899

I never stayed at Ocean Key. Is that one of the off shore resorts?
What to wear?If a cold front comes you will need a jacket, worst case , in the fifties, maybe high forties, but probably you will see temps in the low sixties at night.
Key West is always casual clothes, you can go anywhere in shorts.
If you want to wear something nice to a nice restaurant you will not look out of place either.

Comments