511 Eaton Street, , Florida, 33040, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Old Town Manor

Feels like Home

by TripAdvisor Member ChillinginCincinnati

I stayed at the Old Town Manor for a group event and we all had a fabulous time. The B&B had just been decorated for the holidays and it felt as though I was a guest in someone’s home. I was really excited to see my room (#5), there was a HUGE television (and the B&B has a significant collection of movies I had not seen before), a large bed, and tastefully decorated with a mix of beautiful antiques and more modern furniture. But I didn’t spend much time in my room or even turn on the tv. There was no reason to stay in my room for more than sleeping and getting ready to go out. The time I was on the property was spent eating an awesome home baked breakfast in the beautiful garden, reading in one of the many ‘spots’ for privacy, and gathering with friends. The staff was incredibly accommodating and helpful and didn’t even seem the slightest bit frustrated when we asked them to help us book a snorkel trip and then asked them to cancel our plans moments later. My room was at the front of the property and the ‘sounds’ of Duvall were not more than a low buzz.

nice but a bit outdated

by TripAdvisor Member millstreamer

The first negativ point with the old town manor, when we booked by internet they told us there was a policy of a minimum of 5 nights, when we where there people where checking in and out ?

The location the garden and even the little pool are nice for what is possible in the centre of Key West.
Running a waterfall in front of your door for 24 hours a day seems to be a bit much.
The downside when you come by car, finding a parking spot!!!!!!!!!
Compare to other B&B who have parking available.

The room we had the courtyard with 2 adults and 2 children was basic but nice decorated, the bathroom in our opinion 1 tub and 1 basin in a small room is not suitable no spot to put a toothbrush.
The bedding consisted of a metal wire matress, which made us happy to wake up and leave the bed.
All windows where sealed no chance to get any fresh air in besides the airco or open the french doors to the courtyard.

Besides a nice coffee we do not think the breakfast is nearly as good as described on their internet page.

The staff seems to be nice, helpfull, but sometimes also stressed or not available, when we stayed a Italian couple came in ,the staff had left and they had no c lue what to do, till eventually another couple who checked in found out that there where enveloppes in a letterbox , not what you expect when you come from far.

We will not return or recommend this Bed and Breakfast.

Best Bed and Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member WilliamMissouri

My wife and I had the opportunity to spend five days and four nights at the Old Town Manor Bed and Breakfast in Key West, FL.
We found this lovely place by accident through a travel agency. We wanted to visit the Dry Tortugas National Park. I have stayed in several bed and breakfast but this one by far out shinned them all. The owners and help we just wonderful and since this has recently been purchased the owners have great plans to up grade the facility and even make it better that it is now. It sets on Eaton Street just off Duval which is the hub of Key west. From this lovely location you could walk to any activity or restaurant in Key West. The room was very nice and came with your own bath, nice TV, DVD player and adequate space for clothing. Our room over looked the little court year where breakfast was served each morning. The breakfast furnished was excellent. All pastries were freshly backed daily and the head of housekeeping made some of the best coffee have every tasted. When I return to Key West I will make every effort to stay with Old Town Manor. Yes the price for the service and amenities was excellent compared to other bed and breakfast in the same area.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member perrowah

The Old Town Manor was more than expected. Our last minute trip to Key West was made even better when we realized the excellent location. Marking was not that difficult, as we found a spot in a nearby neighborhood and parked it there for the 3 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great as well. It was nice that the property still had Christmas decorations up during our stay. I would reccommend this guest house to anyone.

Perfect location!

by TripAdvisor Member tragil

The OTM is in a perfect location if you want to come to Key West and not have to rent a car. We only had the cab ride to and from the hotel during our 3-night stay. It's a flat rate for any cab service of $7.50 per person one way. It is just off Duval and you don't even hear any noise from the strip. It feels very secluded and peaceful.

We stayed in the Courtyard and really liked that it was a seperate building from the main house, we felt like it was our own little cottage. The main lobby is very nicely decorated and makes you feel at home. The courtyard is small, but pretty and very tropical feeling. Breakfast was very nice, along with all the staff. The walk to the Rose Villas to use the pool was just around the block and took 2 minutes. There are towels at the pool and drinking water in the bathroom area. It's not a huge pool area, but we were the only ones there both mornings we went.

There is a mini fridge in the room and there was bottled water for each of us, you can fill it inside with filtered water during your stay. There was a large TV with a DVD player (we didn't use). The TV is on top of a large dresser and there is another one between the beds, plenty of storage. Also, there is a small closet with hangers. The shower has large bottles with pumps of shampoo, conditioner and body wash, they are nice products.

The only complaints we had were 1) the water pressure in the shower was not very good 2) the floor of the Courtyard is hardwood and seemed to leave a residue of dirt on our feet if we were barefoot.

FYI - The room is larger than one at the Best Western Hibiscus.

Overall, our stay was very nice and I would recommend a friend to stay there.

very lovely place!

by TripAdvisor Member camilla1981

we found this B&B after a quite long search on internet. I liked the website first (this is the best business card) and, having valued the position of the hotel and the availability of the room, I decided to book without asking to any travel agency.
so the Old Town Manor was more than expected!! it is a beautiful and carachteristic older home so different from the standard hotels, moreover, it is in a perfect location, just off Duval Street but very quite at night.
the room was very warmy, clean and relaxing.
The owners and all the staff members was very friendly and helpful.
Most of all, i loved waking up and having breakfast in the wonderful garden covered by palms and waterfall sound.
breakfast was good and finally we ate healthy food compared to the standard american breakfast
we were coming in key west from the caos of new york city and miami, and this place was just what we needed.

i think we were the Italian couple who came in when staff had already left, leaving enveloppes in a letterbox. we really liked reading the friendly letter with all the information, and this is certainly better than meet a person maybe with rude behaviour. anyway, I would like to stress that they informed us about this (the fact is that with my poor english, I didn't understand what they mean).

to conclude, I would recommend everybody to stay there.

Location is good, but accomodations were not great

by TripAdvisor Member macwim

I’d much rather write a totally positive review, but in this case the property just doesn’t warrant it. I travel to Key West often, but this was my first stay at the Old Town Manor. I understand it used to be called Eaton Lodge – or something like that. The check-in was pleasant and my room was ready. Their web site includes a description of each room which appears to be mostly accurate, if a little overstated. My room was clean, but quite Spartan, without even a chair or any sort of dresser. The bed was not comfortable. The grounds were a little shoddy, with no pool – a feature that almost all guest houses and hotels in Key West have. I did not have an opportunity to try their breakfast, but it’s advertised to be very nice. They do not have an afternoon reception – again, something many guest houses in Key West have. For the price, I think there are better properties in Key West.

Great Place, Great People

by TripAdvisor Member schrdrs

In January I arrived 2 days ahead of 4 other couples that had made arrangements to stay with us at a place in Key West. When we hot there we found out that the owner of the place did not own it any longer and it was closed for renovations! So we got busy trying to find a place that could accommodate 5 couples on short notice. Most of our efforts were in vain until I called Runi at Old Town Manor. She would not rest until she found us accommodations. Not only did she take care of us but the place was as clean as any I have ever stayed at and the breakfast every morning was wonderful. She and her staff helped us with restaurants, attractions, trips and rentals with courtesy and enthusiasm. I cannot say enough about this place and the people who own and run it.

Rude People and no pool

by TripAdvisor Member FloriOSU

We stayed at Old Town Manor recently with our dog and found the staff very rude. After we checked out we felt we were being kicked out. Also, you do need to walk a couple blocks to get to their pool. I visit Key West frequently and have stayed at many different places and feel for the price you are paying here you can get a better place with at least a pool on premises.

Wow! What a pleasant experience!

by TripAdvisor Member nbaumann

We travel to Key West frequently -- about 6 times a year and had always stayed at another B&B for the past ten years or so. We recently started traveling with our two small dogs, and needed to find a different place to stay that is pet-friendly. I was so impressed with Old Town Manor. It is located off Duval Street and is a lovely property. Our room was surprisingly large, had lots of closet and dresser space and an updated bathroom. Comfortable king-sized bed and large satellite TV, plus wireless internet.

The staff was outstanding and quite accommodating. Their breakfasts are much more comprehensive than the usual bagels and coffee served at other B&Bs.

On top of all this, the price was less than we are used to paying. Five stars to Old Town Manor!

Comments