501 Southard Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Pegasus - the purple hotel on Duval Street

We planned to arrive in Key West on January 1st 2010, so we knew the town would be busy and hotels would be booked. I was able to reserve an inexpensive room at the Albury Court Hotel near the harbor for the night of January 2nd, but I was unable to find anything under about $200 for the 1st day of the new year. I finally settled on a regular room with a king-sized bed at the Pegasus Hotel for about $199 a night, primarily because of its great location on Duval Street. The day after I booked the room, the Russian-sounding desk clerk called to let me know there was a problem with my reservation, and she regretfully informed me I would have to be complimentary upgraded to one of their huge "super suites" that have two king beds and a sleeper sofa. I said no problem!

We arrived around 3pm, but our room wasn't ready, so the same Russian lady who called about my reservation change pointed us to the parking lot just a half block down the street ($10 extra per day for parking). We not only parked the car, but we also stopped at the nearby Green Parrot for a few beers and to watch college football on the TVs.

A few hours later we checked in and made our way around the pool and across the sundeck to our room which overlooked a hookah lounge on Southard Street. We stepped in the door of the room and were amazed at the massive size of the room. It had three levels: a lower level living room, a bedroom with two beds, and the upper-level bathroom. The room also had a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, free wi-fi, microwave, and more.

The biggest negative with this hotel was certainly the noise. The people in the adjoining room had their TV on pretty loud all night, and around 2am we had to listed to to drunk bar patrons wander home past our hotel.

• Sep 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I stayed at this hotel on 04 AUG 2013 and I woke up with about 15 BED BUG BITES all over my body. It's been 4 days and I am still itching all over!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess you get what pay for. All I can say is check all around and under the mattress before you lay down to sleep!!!