1 Duval St, , Florida, 33040, United States

Pier House Resort and Spa
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Don't trust a dishonest manager

I just finished a 5 day stay at the Pier House. The accommodations were great. The wait staff would have been much better had they been able to properly charge meals and drinks to my room. We were there with friends and were double charged for drinks and meals. Rather than splitting the bill, they charged each room the full amount. Upon checkout, I discovered this and was told they could not access their billing system to see specifics but assured me it was correct. Manager Rob Sheedy just said, "I'm sorry you feel that way" over and over but did nothing to correct the mistakes. Obviously they have internal issues. Either way, I would not recommend them. Usually a manager can and will help guests...not Rob Sheedy.

• Unsatisfied

To start with, the staff was very helpfull. The halls in this building are tiled with no runner carpets so everything echos, then you add in the solid metal doors that close slowly untill the last foot...then it slams echoing through the halls like a M80 going off. The slamming goes on usually till the bars close, probably till 2:30 or 3 am. As long as you dont mind this it will be a great stay.
    The best thing is go to google maps, get the phone number of a local establishment like a gas station ,CVS etc. And ask a local what a good place to stay is. We got recomendations too late...it for sure was not the Pier House!! They told us the real deal about that place!

• kjlee13's Profile Photo

Key West's Must Stay

It was more wonderful than I could have imaged. I had read that you feel like you are in a resort away from the party even though you are on Duval Street. This was so true. We loved that about the place. We would go out to Duval and have dinner and drinks and no more than a few steps away come back and enjoy our lovely resort and private beach and pool and hot tub and then go back out and party till dawn on Duval Street. It was so convenient for us, being a couple that likes to party. Everyone was so nice and friendly. The front desk was always courteous, the security was always ready to help, the wait staff and bartenders were all great, and the cleaning staff was also very accommodating to our night owl sleep patterns :) The beach attendants were also great and set up all our chairs and got us clean fresh towels. The Spa staff was also very inviting and friendly and added to the relaxing experience. I have to say kudos to Pier House and the staff there. Everyone made our stay just wonderful. I would definitely come back. I would definitely recommend this hotel to someone else because we had a wonderful experience.

Unique Quality: We loved our room (infinity balcony suite). We would chill there in the morning and watch the boats go by in the beautiful gulf and what a view!! The pictures on the net don’t do the view justice. It was so breathtaking. We had room service breakfast out on our balcony every morning and it was so relaxing. What a great way to wake up after a night of partying it up. We loved the private beach and pool and hot tub. We used them allot. It was great they were open 24 hours because anytime we felt like taking a dip we would and sometimes topless if I wanted to. It was great because the atmosphere was so laid back that no one seemed to mind and it is encouraged on the private beach area. We also loved the beach bar. It started to rain a bit and it was nice to just take cover in the beach bar and have some drinks until it passed. We also had a massage at the Caribbean Spa called the Caribbean coma (one of the specialties there) and I have to say it was wonderful. It was just what we needed to recover from late nights of partying on Duval. We had such a great time there.

• doug48's Profile Photo

on duval

the pier house was once the best resort hotel in key west but now there are a couple of newer high end resorts in the area. the pier house is located on the north end of duval street near the key west harbor. the pier house is a first class property near all the attractions of key west. expensive but because of it's excellent location worth it. as with most hotels in key west prices are much higher during the winter tourist season.

Directions: north end of duval street near the harbor.

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Stay Right in the Middle of it!

We spent a night down here in 2008 after Diving in Key Largo. The Pier House was great. When researching hotels they were either "in the action" or "out of the way". Pier House is "In the Action" which means you are going to hear the clubs and bars and people on the street. I really enjoyed it though. If they went all night though, I didn't hear it.

They were doing MAJOR renovations to the property though and parking was difficult to find because of the work crews.

Unique Quality: The Room we were in was located in the Spa building and was HUGE. It had a large Bedroom, Full bath (with Bidet) Hot Tub, the works. The floor was made of Bamboo which was unique. We had a patio that overlooked the action. You could sit outside and listen to the bands in the bars (or you could sit inside and listen to the bands in the bars!)

Everything in the heart of Key West is within Walking Museum: Bars, Restaurants, Museums and Mallory Square. Perfectly located for seeing what Key West offers without worrying about traffic and parking.

Directions: Take Duval Street until it ends and the Pierhouse is on the Right. Mallory Square is a short walk away.

• markman5's Profile Photo

Classy spot with great service

The Pier House is our top choice for lodging in Key West. We are getting ready to head down for our 11th year of Fantasy Fest, and we look forward to the wonderful hospitality offered by the management and staff. They have a wonderful beach bar area, and the Chart House bar is the best stop before venturing out on the streets for more libation! I highly recommend the Pier House.

• Skigirl's Profile Photo

Sweet Luxury

The Pier House is a wonderful hotel with a spa/beach/ and restaurants that serve wonderful cuisine. It is special because of its location at the west end of Duval Street. You can watch the sunset from the pool or one of the many decks around the restaurants.

Unique Quality: I stayed in a room that was located in the "Spa" building we got a good rate at the last moment . . .The room was excellent plantation shutters, wood floors, jacuzzi tub, stereo, television all of the amenities you could long for. The sad thing is that you are gone most of the day exploring the island than to utilize all of the amenities in the room.

Directions: West end of Duvall Street

• allenkite's Profile Photo

Pier House

$400 to $195 . . . Very pricey but you are paying for the location . . . Make reservations in advance . . . Otherwise, you will always pay the higher price if that is even available

Unique Quality: If you want to be in the thick of things, this is the place to be . . . You won't even need a car if you stay here . . . Prime location . . . Great food . . . Great service . . . You are already at the best place to watch the sunset . . . Part of the beach is clothing optional . . . Health and beauty spa on the property

More about Pier House Resort & Caribbean Spa

Loved the Pier House

What a great place to vacation. The service is outstanding. The harborview rooms are the best. We planned to spend many more vacations at the Pier House. P.S. The Tiki bar is great!!!!

Loved Key West

We just returned from a Carnival Cruise that left from Miami and returned to Miami. We had a great time. We drove to Key West from Miami,and enjoyed the drive ( this was my first trip to the FLorida Keys). Once there we got a room at the Pier House Resort and Carribbean Spa. It was very beautiful. The landscaping was immaculate with all of the Palm trees, tropical plants and brick side walks. I would recommend Pier House to all of my friends. We didn't have time to visit the spa since we were only their for 3 days, I wanted to see as much their as I could. Pier House is located at One Duval Street. We walk to Mallory Square, watched the Sunset At The Sunset Pier, and walked to the Southern Most Point in the U.S.. Every thing is very beautiful in Key West. I will visit Key West again, and will stay at Pier House.

Loved it!

We loved the Pier House! The beach was fantastic and the on-site restaurant was superb. If we had to go to the Public beach it would have been terrible! So nice to see the sailboats and "big" ships pass by while sipping frozen drinks. It was so refreshing to have the service and convenience of the beach right outside our door. Pier House has convenient location as well as being far enough away from the bustle and activity of Duval Street (beacuse it's on a cul-de-sac). The spa was fabulous and the staff both on the beach and off were more than helpful. My beach towel was always fresh and the waiters were attentive & friendly. We walked everywhere! We received a true sense of Key West and lived it up while at the Pier House. The ONLY place to stay on Key West!

Hotel & Veggie food in Key-West

by rita369

Hi All,

We are planning to be in key-west on June15th weekend. I was looking at web for hotel reviews and good deals but ended up confusing myself. Anyone know how Pier house resorts is? And if there are any veggie restaurents (or India) in Key west.

Thanks much,
Rita

Re: Hotel & Veggie food in Key-West

by Peter_krynicki

The is a small restaurant simply called The Cafe at 509 Southard St that is primarily vegatarian. There are no Indian places that I am aware of but there is a very good Thai restaurant at 513 Greene St. And there is Santiago's Bodega at 207 Petronia St. It is a tapas place where you can order many veggie-only dishes. And Lobo's Mixed Grill at 5 Key Lime Square, just off Duval that serves many veggie wraps.

I always stay at the Pier House because of its location and its small beach. The best rooms IMO are the 2nd floor garden view rooms, 420 - 440 IIRC. They normally go for 249.00 / night. There is some construction going on which is scheduled to be complete by Dec. '07 and which wasn't annoying to me two weeks ago. If you book, book by phone and ask for a "construction" discount.

Pjk

Re: Hotel & Veggie food in Key-West

by Spacemanspiff

Being a local I have never stayed at the pier house, however it is located right in town within walking distance from just about everything. The afore mentioned "Cafe" on Southard St. is good vegan fare and "Monsoon" cafe on Flemming is the only indian place I know of on the island.

Comments