Santa Maria Suites Key West

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

1401 Simonton Street, (formerly The Santa Maria Motel), , Florida, 33040, United States

Santa Maria Suites
Booking.com amextravel.com Tingo.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Santa Maria Suites with great adventure

In this hotel I feel great and find good facilities at low prices.there room facility is very good. the service of hotel is very good. there is also adventurous places and apartments available.

Unique Quality: The Santa Maria Suites Exhibits Modern Style, Utilizing Glass And Metal Components. The Hotel Offers Business Services And Complimentary Wireless Internet. Near The Lobby, Ambrosia Restaurant Serves Specialty Sushi And Japanese Cuisine.

More about Santa Maria Suites Key West

A Must Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member benschweitzer

We had a small group that came to enjoy a long weekend at the Santa Maria Suites, and we couldn't have been happier with every aspect of our stay. The service was impeccable. The amenities were incredible (we especially enjoyed the 24/7 heated pool). Whether it is a family getaway or a romantic weekend, I highly recommend taking a look.

Just awesome

by TripAdvisor Member millim1900

Santa Maria Suites is a great hotel, located a bit outside the main downtown area, with a fantastic pool, great rooms with smart layouts and nice finishings with a staff that cares about the big stuff and the little things.

At booking, we accidentally booked two suites with two rooms (as opposed to simply one), they immediately called us to see if we had made a mistake, we had and they fixed it right away. In my experience, this alone is a very good indicator that the place will be well run, and we were not let down at all.

From day one, at check in the staff was very helpful. Someone helped us with our bags and ended up recommending his favorite restaurant just out of the blue, well we tried it and not only was it a great restaurant but it became one of the highlights of our trip (Cafe Med). A small thing but this is what we look for when we travel.

The pool is great, easy to get to, enclosed within the complex with a smart design, the kids absolutely loved it. They have plenty of towels that you can leave outside as they'll take and wash them for you.

The rooms were very nice, clean with modern finishings including plasma screens.

Plenty of parking which was nice, good location near a small sundry store, a beach is located nearby (but not private).

All in all, this recommender highly recommends staying at the Santa Maria Suites in Key West.

Charming and Serene retreat with great amenities for families!

by TripAdvisor Member GregoryW

My wife and 2 children stayed at Santa Maria Suites for 2 nights from 4/7/08 till 4/9/08. It was just great. We would definitely go back again. It was a quiet and serene property. We stayed in unit 5 which was a downstairs King suite. The rooms are virtually sound proof. The building was constructed to withstand a level 5 hurricane and I believe it could. My daughter, 14 1/2, is a very picky teen who thinks anything less luxurious than "The Breakers" is hardly worth her consideration, grudgingly admitted she would enjoy staying there again.

The property is at the end of Duval street which turned out to be great because it is a much quieter part of town. The moment we arrived we rented bikes. Ken set that up and the bikes were delivered within an hour. We stayed on bikes for two days and tooled around all over Key West. We never got in the car again until we left.

I don't think we could have stayed in a more desirable place, considering the size of the space and the amenities. There is a sushi restaurant on the property which is independent of the hotel. We ate there one night and really enjoyed it. The pool area was great. There are two pools and the one on the right, if your looking in from the entryway, without the fountain, is the warmer of the two.

The only complaint I had was with the scent in the room. There were two sources. One was the small box of "Surf" detergent that sits on the washer/dryer in the suite. When we got rid of that I thought I solved the problem. The next day when we returned from the day out the room again was noisome. I found out that housekeeping sprays the place with a mango scent. Even my 9 y/o son thought it fairly disgusting. Fortunately, after a few hours of leaving the doors open, which isn't bad in Key West, the scent retreated. Hopefully, management will not feel the need to scent up the room.

Overall, I / we loved the Santa Maria Suites and would definitely stay there again.

Greg

nice digs

by TripAdvisor Member DebVerona

We just spent 4 days and 3 nights at the Santa Maria Suites in January. Overall, our stay was very good. I like the location of this resort. You have beach access at the Southernmost (1/2 block away that also has a beach bar/restaurant and chair rental), bicycle rentals and a mini-mart across the street, and you are just a short distance to Duval Street. You are within walking distance to some incredible restaurants -- Louie's Backyard, Duffys, Pisces. We're in our early 50's so one day of shopping, hitting the bars, and watching the sunset at Duval was enough for us, so we basically stayed put. The suites are large, whether it is 1 bedroom or 2. It would be worth the upgrade to get a poolview. Beautiful kitchen (but who cooks on vacation), large closests, HD plasma TVs, wine fridge, daily newspaper, and turn down service (with Dove ice cream bars) made our stay very enjoyable.

Exceeded Expectations for our family of four

by TripAdvisor Member danastoff2

My wife and two daughters (13 & 12) were very pleased with our experience at Santa Maria Suites. It began with the Concierge (Fran) contacting us at home a week before our vacation to see if she could help schedule any events or reservations for us. When we arrived we were all impressed with the clean and beautifully landscaped courtyard/pool area. The unit we stayed in was very spacious(two bedrooms) and very nicely decorated. The kitchen was full of ultra sleek modern appliances, there was a washer/dryer (wish we had known this before we packed), multiple flat screen TV's and nice balconies on both floors (off living room and bedroom). This was nice because it allowed my daughters the independence of going to the pool without us a couple times, but we could relax on the balcony and keep an eye on them. There was ample private parking for our rental car and Damien was wonderful at helping unload the car and transporting our bags to our room. Everything was great, and I highly recommend this for any family traveling to Key West. It is also nicely located only one block off the quite end of Duval and one block from "Louie's Backyard". Only three improvements I could recommend to make it even better; 1) water pressure in shower was anemic so it took forever to get the soap off & also seemed to run low on hot water faster than expected; 2) the turn down service came by too late in the evening for a family... several nights we were already in for the evening and declined; 3) we had a couple really windy days which caused something on the roof to make a noise that echoed through the bathroom vent and disturbed our sleep for one night. However, none of these issues were enough to justify marking our overall experience as anything less than excellent. We will definitely stay at the Santa Maria again, the next time we travel as a family to Key West.

Perfect... it really was!

by TripAdvisor Member FreqTravUK

Chose this hotel last minute from TripAdvisor. I wasn't going to spend this money, but then decided to splash out at the last minute... and we were not disappointed.

Not at all! It was terrific. Beautifully appointed condo-apartment-style suites. When I say beautiful, I mean perfect. Sure, they are new - so it will be interesting to see what they look like in a years time... but the quality of furnishings and equipment is so high, I am sure it will last well.

Great big wide-screen TVs (which excited my son who wanted to see the premiere of High School Musical 2 - and he's 21, sheesh)... great kitchen (in the unlikely event you want to cook), beautiful bedrooms with comfy beds, and a great master bathroom. The second bathroom was also outstanding quality - just a little smaller.

Personal washer and dryer for the longer stays. What more could you want? Oh yes... a great pool area... and the private beach and bar for the overall Soutermost resort just 2 minutes away (and really good value drinks and food).

As for location? Well, I think it was perfect. Right on the beach... and it's quiet - what more would you want? And guys... it's only 10 minutes walk into the centre of Key West - how on earth can anyone complain about that! And the walk is just beautiful.

I can't imagine visiting Key West without staying here. But you pay.

P.S. If you can't afford this place, but like the sound of it, sonsider the Southernmost Motel - especially the sea views... it looks just wonderful (if you just want a basic room).

Beautiful and quiet

by TripAdvisor Member CMS4

My family stayed at the Santa Maria Dec 26 through Jan 3. It is a lovely, small complex near the southernmost tip of the island and just a few blocks from Duval. The hotel is clean, spacious, and beautifully decorated. The complex surrounds an intimate and quiet pool area. The staff is friendly and courteous. Across the street is a small market that stays open late. We enjoyed being on this end of Duval street where it is not so hectic. Only one concern for the hotel was that we kept running out of hot water. However, we would definitely stay here again!

Just Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Just-the-skinny

The suites are perfect for families. I have 2 middle school aged boys and they thought it was great. We were in unit 32 and our master bedroom and living room terraces faced the pool area which was great. The bedrooms in the 2 level suites are small but lovely. Even though there was central A/C, the bedrooms had ceiling fans which I liked. The bedrooms had queen beds (or maybe they were doubles). We would stay in the larger suite next time which has a king bed in the master and a queen in the second bedroom. It is a bit larger. The larger units do not have bathtubs. The unit we were in had the bedrooms upstairs with bathrooms in each (the master had a double shower) and the second bedroom had a tub with a shower, There was a powder room downstairs. along with the kitchen with a back facing terrace. The living room was on that level. The kitchen was fully appointed and even had plastic bar ware so you could take your drinks to the pool area. FYI-they have air mattresses if you want an extra bed in your unit. I used the washer and dryer too. I love leaving with clean clothes.

My sons enjoyed swimming at night. The pools are shallow and warm. My son had a broken arm with a cast on it and he was able to put bags on his cast and play in the pool with his arm out of the water. One of the pools had a fountain (which stops at 6 PM). A poolside bar served mango and pina colada virgin smoothies daily (no charge) and if you opt in for turndown service you get chocolates on your bed and mini dove bars in your freezer. You get the local paper delivered to your room daily, along with muffins.

The staff were great. It's a small enough hotel that they get to know you. Ken was charming and made all our reservations and looked things up for us-even got me some sushi after hours at Ambrosia. Damian was so kind and gave my kids extra ice-cream bars. He came to set up the air mattress but found there was a leak in it. He smiled, even though he had just put all the linens on it , and told me he was going to come with another and arrived promptly with the replacement. The staff tries to accommodate you in any way they can. It's that extra personal service, plus the chic digs, that made it different and special.

Amazing Suites

by TripAdvisor Member TheCovers

We could only get down to Key West for 1 night, so decided to splurge a little on the accomodations which we don't normally do. There were 3 of us so we decided on the 2-bed suites at Santa Maria, and couldn't have been more pleased! The decor was beautiful. The location at the soutern tip and near Duval was perfect for us. The staff was great, pool was beautiful. My only complaint was that we weren't able to stay longer!

Comments