Silver Palms Inn

Budget Travel Food and Dining Beaches
See Amenities

BUYERS BEWARE PIRATES IN CLEAN CLOTHES

by written on December 12, 2011

We found them like most of you through one of the many websites for Key West, when I tried to find out if they were members of the Chamber of Commerce or BBB and they weren’t that should have been my warning flag! We booked 4 nights at $359 per night for the Fantasy Fest Special Rate- Our room was adequate, many of the pictures are taken at deceiving angles to give a larger appearance on the website, we were on vacation and willing to over look this, right before we left for vacation we checked and found they were running a special for the last night we were there at $99 a $260 SAVINGS!!! We were told we would receive it and our security deposit back upon check out!

We suffered a horrible ant attack one night called the front desk and they sent a maid with ant spray, they refused to cover the brand new full pizza we had left on the counter for only 10 minutes that was completely covered in ants. Now Over a month later now in December and I am still trying to get my money back.

Breakfast bar was lack luster at best, walls extremely thin, ants everywhere, and constant issues with AC system, and roosters that started crowing as early as 5 am every morning over all a very poor way to try and get repeat customers!!

This is not a 4 star resort at all- as we mingled with other guests at the pool many felt the same way- the pool is in the middle of the parking lot but you would never know it by the photos on line!

I am now forced to file fraud charges on my credit card to get my money back on their scams!
becareful!!!

Directions: Right on the main drag of Key West on Truman Ave so traffic noise went on all night

Worst Hotel Stay Ever! Scammed!!

by written on June 14, 2011

This is the biggest scam of a hotel!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Me and two of my friends (late 20's) checked in for a three night stay in Key West. At first we were impressed by how modern and clean the hotel looked, but when we got to our room we noticed the remote was missing and the display on the thermostat was broken. We weren't there to watch TV so we didn't care about the remote missing. We thought it was weird the thermostat was broken with it being so new, but we assumed they knew about it since it was pretty obvious. There was also two broken slats on the door, but once again we assumed they would have noticed and didn't care enough to call for it to be fixed. This isn't a rental car or an apartment and I don't walk around to inspect everything before we settle in. Obviously I was wrong and I should have reported every single thing to the hotel.

We enjoyed the rest of our vacation, but when we went to check out the hotel manager claimed that we broke the thermostat and the wooden slats. They refused to give us our security deposit and claimed the owner said it was going to cost $130 to have it fixed. The manager was incredibly rude and degrading. He made some excuse about the broken slats and the thermostat being at the same level (on two totally different walls!!!!). The head housekeeper even admitted she hadn't checked the thermostat or noticed the wooden slats!! But the manager was in our face yelling at us that we had to pay for the damages and refusing to hear our side.

We are mature, professional ladies who work in federal law enforcement, and as a result would never dream of trying to scam any hotel or business out of money. If we broke it we would have admitted it and paid for the damages. The simple fact that they were so incredibly rude and accusatory was insulting and ruined an otherwise great vacation. They obviously don't care about repeat customers and good business sense.

I will be contacting my credit card company and the BBB to file a claim. Judging from other reviews this is not the first time they have scammed people like this. They took advantage of us and probably have done this to many other people as well.

On top of everything, my friend has bites all over her legs and arms and we worry there might have been bed bugs. We raised this point to the hotel and they said they were new and there is no way that is true. Obviously they don't realize it doesn't matter how new something is for it to get bed bugs. We will be washing all our clothes and hoping that it was something else that bit her.

Do yourself a favor and do not stay at this crap hotel or else be prepared to be charged for things you didn't do. Oh and watch out for the bed bugs.

Directions: Old Town

El Rancho

by written on June 19, 2007

This flea bag joint isn't worthy of a $10-per night rate. The rooms are so small you have to walk sideways to reach the bathroom around the beds. The bathroom requires you to sit sideways to do your business. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY - they charged $179 a night for a room of about 100 sq. ft.!

A complete dump

by written on February 8, 2006

It was years ago and can't remember all the specific faults of the place. A group of us were staying in Marathon and hadn't planned on an overnite stay during our day/evening trip to Key West. I think El Rancho was about all we could find available. It was tiny, filthy, I think the worst place I've ever stayed in my life. I've seen their ads/photos since then and they are very misleading.

palla's Profile Photo

Can you say Flea Bag?

by written on June 13, 2005

Looking for an over-priced rundown room?This is it,no amenties,noisy location,unhelpful staff.Though close to Duval street and plenty of parking.It's better than sleeping on a plastic seat in the bus station,isnt it?Tell me it is.

Unique Quality: Running water,electricity,A/C

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Key West Travel Forum

Need advice about Key West, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Key West and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Key West hotel reviews