The Inn At Key West

3420 N. Roosevelt Blvd., (formerly Courtyard Key West), Florida, 33040, United States

The Inn at Key West
Expedia.com Otel.com Tingo.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Key West Nightmare

Upon arrival the room was not ready. We arrived after check in time. Once we were in our room it smelled like a sewar in the bathroom. We called the front desk and they sent us an engineer with a spray bottle of air freshner. This worked for the night. Not once did the manager check to see if we were happy with the results or to even offer an apology. The following morning my six year got up to use the restroom and was greeted by a huge cockroach! Once again I called the front desk and they treated me like I had seen a UFO. They really didn't care and once again there was no manager in sight to take care of things. They said that they would get it taken care of, but they did nothing. After spending the day on Duval we went to our room and once again we were greeted with the awful stench from the bathroom of sewar. At this point, 11:30 at night my kids and I had to pack up and move else where. I have left messages for the manager and to this day have not gotten an apology for the horrific accommodations! Not to mention the picture is misleading, their better rooms are in the lobby, like you see, but without knowing you are booked to the rooms on the outskirts (just like being in Motel 8).

Unique Quality: There weren't any!!!!!!!!

More about The Inn At Key West

Key West

by tpangelinan about Holiday Inn, Key West

Nice hotel. Beautiful pool. Good restaurant, Hemingway Cafe. One of top 5 hotel beaches I saw while there. I asked at the desk how much and she said $195.00, (our room was like $95.00) I thought that was high for May.

great little hotel

by margaretvn about Key West Inn

We found this great hotel quite by chance. The owner was so friendly and chatty. The room was large and quiet, the beds were comfortable . There was free wi-fi in the rooms. Breakfast was good - a continental breakfast and coffee to go if you want.
There are lots of restaurants in the area so eating out in the evening was no problem.

Beautiful grounds and pool

by TripAdvisor Member earing

The reviews of The Inn At Key West go way back, not sure what was happening at the property in 2005 but we just got back and no roaches in the bathrooms...the room was very clean, sort of like a Hampton Inn experience (not bad, just nothing out of the ordinary, in terms of the room) the landscaping and pool are wonderful, quiet and just great. A good way to get away from all that is Duval Street. We loved Duval, but were glad to get away at the end of the day. To that end if Duval is your destination stay closer, we rented a car and went back and forth but the cabs are expensive and not that quick. I sort of compared it to staying off the strip while in Las Vegas. Also love it or hate it, there is a grocery store within walking distance of the Inn at Key West which was great for us, we wanted to snack some evenings. The rooms at the Inn don't have a fridge. So, I would go back. Just take into accound when booking the room that a balcony next to the pool is probably a good idea, a balcony or porch looking out onto the highway might be noisy, the grounds are great, there is a bar near the pool with nice people, the lobby is really pretty, the property has been updated since Wilma. You will have to get back and forth, we just had Inn at Key West days and Duval days they all worked, also good hair care, conditioner etc. bling worked for me.

Really nice place

by TripAdvisor Member spinard

the room was very nice and new. stayed 4 nights and didn't see 1 bug the whole time the pool was probably the nicest i have ever seen and the property was beautiful! they must have spent a fortune on landscaping! the restaurant was ok very limited menu and bad hours 6 am to 3pm. another thing there is no elevator! so ask for the first floor unless you travel light. it is about a 10 min drive to duval street but we didn't mind since we got to see the whole island driving back and forth. other then those minor things the place is GREAT!!

Exploring the keys

Really enjoyed the stay at this hotel. Nice staff, clean rooms, beautiful pool and a great breakfast. Only minus: The concierge. But she does not belong to the hotel as we found out later!!! If you want to book any trips - book them somewhere else. Other than that: A place I would definitely stay at again!!!

MEC from Germany

Best Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member KellySebring_OH

The Inn at Key West was one of the the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was very helpful. The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable, with highend linens and bedding (down comforters). The pool was awesome! Our room was out back and very quiet, with a nice private patio to sit in. I can't wait to return.

The best customer service!

We spent 3 nights here and really enjoyed ourselves. Have been to many upscale hotel and resorts and the staff here are just as professional as the more expensive places. Didn't meet one employee that wasn't super friendly and accommodating. When we checked in and discovered 2 double beds they offered us a newer room poolside with a king which was very comfortable and clean. And they discounted the cost! Fantastic breakfast although I wish they had more dining options for late night. Nothing available after 6 pm. Pool is lovely although we were disappointed to discover it closed on our last day due to a pump failure. I would definitely stay here again.

Key West

by TripAdvisor Member selda

We got a very bad last impression from two beautiful days at Key West... We stayed at the Inn for two nights and for the second night, without any explanation, we had to move to another room. When we checked out we have to pay more (+25%) for the second night!! Please watch out! The manager was rude and arrogant but maybe if you are an American they will treat you better? In the reception there was another couple that was promised breakfast and they got the same bad treatment as us.
There are a lot of much nicer and cheaper hotels located in the centre parts of Key West.

Great Week in Key West

by sunloverinatlanta

"Guess we aren't going to Mexico this year"

We had planned a trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico but had to cancel at the last minute due to the swine flu. The ruins and parks were going to be closed as well as many other businesses.
At the last minute, we switched gears and planned a trip to Miami and Key West. We may not have made it out of the country but we at least made it as far south as you can go in this country.
We made the most of our vacation and hope to go to Mexico next year.
This picture was taken while we were on the Trolley Tour. We chose the Trolley over the Conch Train so that we could get on and off all day. There are about a dozen stops on the island. One of the stops was two doors down from our hotel.

"Dolphin Research Center"

I was a little nervous about going to the Dolphin Research Center because so many of the "swim with dolphins" programs are at places that don't treat the dolphins very well. However, this center is for research and rescue and the "swim with dolphins" programs are to raise revenues for research and rescue as well as to teach people more about dolphins. They also rescue sea lions and manatees.
The dolphins seemed very well cared for and really seemed to enjoy the programs. The staff is largely volunteers and interns that really enjoy working with the dolphins and introducing people to dolphins. They seem to be really considerate of the dolphins. They play with the dolphins who are not performing so they won't be jealous or feel left out. They also rotate the dolphins so that they do not get worn out or bored.
This program is set up so that there is only one human in the water with the dolphins at a time. This is presumably to reduce the stress on the dolphins.
I really enjoyed going to this Center and watching my friend swim with the dolphins. I felt really good about the $19.50 I paid for admission as it is going to a good cause. See www.dolphins.org
It is located on US 1 at milemarker 59.

"Days Inn Key West"

We did not expect much when we booked the cheapest major chain hotel on the island but we were quite satisfied with our choice. The location was easy to find and in a quiet area of the island.
As soon as you come across the bridge and arrive in Key West, you take a left and our hotel was the first one on the right.
It was clean and met our needs as we did not plan on spending much time in the room. There were no tables other than a bedside table which we found a bit odd but was not something we really needed. Pool looked nice and there was a Waffle House in the lobby. The ice machine worked, there were clean, comfortable beds and a good shower. For under $100 a night on Key West, what more could you possibly ask for?

Days Inn Key West - Great ValueDays Inn Key West - Great Value