The Reach Resort

The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• jennwerner's Profile Photo

Nice resort not close to much though

The hotel was nice. The room was nice. This is a Waldorf Astoria property. We checked in and about 10 minutes late house keeping barged into our room. They appologized but it was awkward. This place is very expensive but we enjoyed our stay. The room had a refrigerator that we used to keep our own beverages in. They have spa services available from the sister property that is next door. The pool is nice and the beach is nice too. Don't go to Key West for the beaches cause there really isnt any.

• MarianneRules's Profile Photo

Exactly what we wanted

My boyfriend, his mom and I stayed in a suite at this resort for 2 nights. The service was great, the decor was modern and the size of the suite suited us just fine. It was absolutely nice enough for us, but not too over the top. The size of the resort is small compared to other resorts I've been to but is totally proportionate to the area. It’s modern and quaint so if you don’t want to do a bed and breakfast or stay in a chain hotel downtown close to Duval Street I promise this resort will meet your needs.

Side tip: make sure to do the self park at the resort (not valet), it will save you $8 a day. There is a ‘resort’ fee of $20 or something so I’m sorry to report, they nickel and dime you just like every other hotel on the planet. I still highly recommend The Reach and if I go back, I will stay there again.

Unique Quality: I liked that it was about a 15 minute walk to downtown Duval where all the action is. The distance sheltered us from any late night druken noise, yet close enough to get into the thick of it when we ready to throw back a few.

It has a nice private beach with all the ocean toys as well as a pool. You can do everything here that you can do on the other side of town. I loved having the option of staying or leaving without having to think twice or worry about driving and parking.

Directions: Opposite end of where the Sunset Celebration is held.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

The best place to stay in Key West

I was at this place in July 2001 and loved it! They have a great section of Key West beach real estate, as well as a large gazebo extended out into that refreshing blue water. The service was excellent, the location is to die for, the only setback was that it is very pricy, even in the off season.

More about The Reach Resort

Loved Key West and the Wyndham Reach Resort

by TripAdvisor Member cll3895

We loved Key West. My husband and I did the Pub Crawl on my Birthday and had a great time.Some of the drivers on the open bus tour, were a little rude, but didn't ruin the trip. The Wyndham Reach Resort was great.

Billy's Barefoot is great for water sports!

by keywest123

Billy's Barefoot watersports is the nicest location from which to do jet skiing, island tours via jet ski with a guide, sailboats, kayaks, paddle bats, banana boat etc. It's located at The Wyndham Reach Resort, referred to as "The Reach," at 305-296-5000 extension 6670. The Reach is under renovation & it'll be beautiful when done. Billy's Barefoot is still OPEN! It's near Louie's Afterdeck & Backyard Restaurant, just to the right of it on the beach, you'll see a little hut & jet skis etc. It's a beautiful location to jetski etc., & you can have a drink on the ocean front deck afterwards at Louie's Afterdeck, or lunch dinner at their restaurant.
You can have ASAP Scooters & Bikes deliver them to you at Billy's Barefoot watersport, in their "Scooter or Bike & Jet Ski Package. Call ASAP Scooters & Bikes to book it at
305-797-0685, or call Billy's Barefoot to book it! It's a FUN package deal, & nice people! Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, bathing suit, towel, a T-shirt so you don't get sunburned or cold, depending upon the wind & the weather! Bring dry clothes if you want to go for a drink or a meal next door afterwards.

Wyndham Reach - not even close to the Casa Marina Resort

Initially had reservations at the Wyndham Reach Resort, which I was told to be comparable to the Casa Marina. Not even close. Our room overlooked a parking lot with a huge TV dish directly outside our room. Fortunately, we were able to transfer to the Wyndham Casa Marina which proved to be a wonderful hotel with excellent service. Hotel front desk staff were very accommodating.

A little seedy

My husband and I booked two nights at the Wyndham Reach Resort and were sorely disappointed by the lack of maintenance in general and cleanliness in particular. I have stayed at a Wyndham elsewhere and have been pleased with the property, but unless you don't mind a filthy room (linens, upholstery etc), you will probably want to look elsewhere. The only redeeming quality of this hotel is its beach. It does have a decent beach although the sister property, Wyndham Casa Marina is a little better maintained and has a little nicer beach. Both are within a block of each other. There were other beach front hotels in Key West that were much nicer and they cost the same or sometimes less than the 250.00 a night that we shelled out. If you haven't booked your room yet, keep searching!

Not Bad But Not Great

My girlfriend and I just returned from Key West and overall we had a great time. After reading previous bad reviews about the Reach we arrived with low expectations. The hotel itself is a little bit dingy and old but it fits in with the ambiance of Key West. Our room was sufficient although our balcony was right on top of the trash area so it sometimes stunk when we went outside. We also could have done without the little bugs in the sinks. The beach and pool area are great. The staff was very friendly, the pool was clean, and the beach was raked every morning. The pool guys always had our chairs and towels ready for us right away and the bar tenders knew my drink. I would't go back to the Reach but I got a pretty good deal so I don't regret our stay.

Excellent hotel

We read a lot of negative reviews on this site about the Reach, and were worried about staying there after purchasing our package on Priceline. After we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised at the level of service, layout, and amenities of the hotel. We have a digital camera and had to bring a laptop computer to store our pictures.
Fortunately, the hotel had an in-room safe 2ft x 1ft x 1.5ft) large enough to accomodate the laptop as well as our other valubles. Also have the option of using the neighboring casa marina facilities. The beaches were adequate and the hotel staff at the beach and pool were outstanding. The Reach is very close to Duval st, however it is a 1.5 mile walk up Duval st to see the sunset celebration. You get to see the whole length of the street though, and the walk was enjoyable. The hotel does have a shuttle service included in the $12/day resort fee, if you do not want to walk. Parking is included in this fee as well.
Excellent hotel, and would stay there again.

Pleasantly surprised

My husband and I purchased our hotel package through a travel agent at a terrific rate. I was a little skeptical about staying at the Reach based on previous reviews. On the advise of our travel agent, we joined the Wyndham club. When we checked in, we were immediately upgraded to a suite with a great view of the city. Also, we did not pay the "resort fee" since it was built in our package. We found the staff friendly and very helpful. Rented bicycles everyday and saw the town. Shula's is good, but overpriced. Shuttle to the airport was a breeze. I am very glad we picked the Reach over the Casa Marina. Also, had a chance to look at the other properties there in Key West. The location of hotel is perfect. At least you don't have to worry about timeshare speeches at the Reach. It maybe old, but didn't think it was rundown at all. It really represents what Key West is about. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

not great, not bad either

by TripAdvisor Member hb204

Had a great time in the Keys, Hotel was average. We had a beautiful room/suite, but the view was of the parking deck and a lovely junked up pick up with scrap materials from the renovations they hopefully were doing. Pool and beach was nice. Finally got a frozen towel by the pool, the day some of our group was leaving. The excursion people stuck us.
Went snorkling, the people at the hut at hotel told us $40, when we got on the boat it was $53 (we had no extra money on boat, didnt think you needed any in middle of ocean) LShula's is way overpriced. some in our group went for dinner, they kept bringing them complemantary lobster to try. When they got their bill the lobster was over $4/oz. Charging over $100 to one person's bill. Th price was later adjusted. HOtel does need more selection for restaurants. Will go back to Key West, maybe another hotel. NOt that impressed for the price.

Keys

by lemonpie

I want to go the the FL Keys over the Holidays. I do not know where to start as far as planning.

Possibly fly into Miami and drive. How far to Keywest and is a scenic drive? Convertible or no?

I am looking for a hotel that is on the beach as I would like to sun myself :) I have heard that Keywest does not have a beach like this?

Is there another area that would have a beach with area hotels, golf cousres and restaurants?

Help! :)

by TheTravelSlut

The holidays are a good time to go to Key West & the Keys. It is busy but not packed.

Miami is the closest major airport. Ft. Lauderdale is about 30 minutes further away but I personally think it is much more organized and less of a hassle.
From the Miami airport to Key West it is about 150-160 miles, 4 hours (give or take some time for construction, time of day, weekday or weekend, etc).

Hotels in Key West with good beaches are limited. Here are some with beaches but I think the best downtown is the Pier House with a very small stretch of real sand beach.

Reach Resort, Wyndam Casa Marina, Southernmost Hotel, Best Western Key Ambassador, Sheraton Suites,

The two best beaches in Key West are Smathers Beach and Ft. Taylor Beach.

The Keys are certainly different from anything you may have experienced however, you will not find a shortage of great restaurants or hotels and certainly no shortage of good fun times (especially in Key West).

Golf courses are limited due to the size of the islands and several are prvate but I know Key West has one course, as does Islamorada.

I hope this helps.

The Travel Slut
"Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere!"

RE: Keys

by paulinuk2u

my external page has some info on the keys

by emmet7

good advice from travelslut and it is great drive down from Miami and will take as I recall 3 to 5 hours depending on traffic and your pace. The beaches in Key West are good enough for sunning and it is definitely party atmosphere starting out with sunset fest each day. There are lots of fishing boats that go out day or evening too. It is really one of the most exotic destinations in the USA.

by lemonpie

Thanks for the info everybody!

Comments