Tropical Inn

812 Duval Street, Florida, 33040, United States

More about Tropical Inn

The Tropical Inn is Perfect and Quiet!!!

by TripAdvisor Member sellsmiami

This review is long overdue, but our experience was so wonderful, I finally decided to share. I've stayed in Key West before and all over the world. This is one of my top 10 experiences in hotels/b&bs for sure...

I booked our room after finding the inn online. The host had few rooms available, but still negotiated the price for me on a lovely room (I fell in love with the photos online)! We were set!

I was crazy enought to let me boyfriend talk me into riding his motorcycle (together) on what should be a three hour trip to the Keys from Miami. What could have been "romantic" was, for me, a total nightmare. The motorcycle scared the @#$ out of me and I even begged him to let me hitchhike the rest of the trip. After making several stops (so I could cry) we finally made it to the Keys SEVEN HOURS LATER!!! I had called the desk to let the innkeeper know we'd be late and she was extremely sympathetic.

Upon our arrival, the innkeeper actually hugged me like my mother!!! I was totally frazzled and she could tell. She kept our negotiated rate, but UPGRADED us for no additional charge to a romantic Cottage with private deck and jacuzzi!!!

We loved, loved, loved the cottage. The bed had a cool Caribbean style quilt, mosquito netting (decorative), and there was even a journal where previous guests give advice, suggestions and anecdotes. The private deck was heaven and we made total use of the jacuzzi.

Steps away was the pool area - beautiful landscaping and the friendliest cat in the Keys! We felt like we had it all to ourselves even though they were full. Breakfast was served near the pool, very complete Continental with fresh fruits, pastries, yogurts, etc.

The location was amazing. I was very concerned about noise from Duval because my boyfriend is a light sleeper. We heard NO noise either from street or other guests. The rooms are far from the street.

Our fave places included Blue Heaven (exc. lunch) try the lobster sandwich and Meteor Smokehouse (BBQ better than North Carolina!) you must try the HUGE onion rings (cornbreaded delish).

I can't recommend Tropical Inn highly enough. I still get excited talking about it to friends and we have the most beautiful pictures from our trip there. You will LOVE this place! Book without hesitation!!!

Audra in Miami :)

Great B&B

by TripAdvisor Member winidapu

My partner and I honeymooned at the Tropical Inn based on pictures and reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. The location is great...right in the heart of Duval Street which is the main "drag" through Key West. The room was very clean and luckily we had upgraded to the Banyantree Suite. Had we not, I do not believe we would have had room for us and our luggage. Our suite had a wonderful deck overlooking the garden and pool which was beautiful. The contintental breakfast goes above and beyond the usual fare. We were a bit worried about the noise from Duval Street (motorcycles and spring breakers), but were very pleasantly surprised to find our room at the back of the house very quiet in the evening. Our hosts were very helpful in making reservations for us and giving us advice and information on things to do while in Key West. Our only problem at all was with the hot water situation. Being in an upstairs suite and trying to take a shower in the morning when everyone else was doing the same thing made for a very cold experience.

Overall we were very satisfied with our stay here and could recommend it to our friends and family.

Lisa and Beth

Peaceful on Duval Street

Just spent a week in Key West. Stayed at the Tropical Inn situated in the heart of the action halfway up Duval Street. You would expect this to be noisy. It wasn't. We had a beautiful suite set to the rear of the property oblivious to the hub bub of Duval. Wonderfully comfortable bed, quite patio with our own Jaccuzi. A great rain shower completed the great set up.
Very friendly staff and guests in an intimate surrounding around a shaded pool where you can get respite from the omnipresent sun.
All in all a very restful week. Thank you.

Amazing stay!

by TripAdvisor Member abg257

We stayed at the Tropical Inn for 4 nights in March and had a wonderful experience. The gardens are beautiful and provide a tranquil place to begin the morning with a delicious breakfast. The location can't be beat - it's on Duval Street but JUST at the point where the noise disappears. You can sit in the garden and only hear the waterfall and yet walk outside and be steps away from all the action. We had a great stay and would return in a heartbeat!

Tropical Inn = Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member capemaggieCapeCod

My husband and I just returned from 3 nights at Tropical Inn in Key West. What a gem! The location is great - in the middle of historic Duval Street where all the activity takes place, yet once inside, you hear no street noise at all. In the back courtyard is a beautiful garden with a large swimming pool and hot tub. A substantial and delicious continental breakfast is served poolside. The innkeepers, Brandi and staff, are warm, friendly people eager to help you find the perfect restaurant or activity. We stayed in The Tuckaway, a romantic cottage, beautifully appointed, with a special adjoining room featuring a jacuzzi for two. The Inn is immaculate, and I highly recommend you make your reservation at Tropical Inn if you want a vacation to remember.

Intimate Key West with Central Location

My partner and I stumbled upon the Tropical Inn by chance. We arrived in Key West with no reservations and no expectations. Once we found the Tropical Inn on Duval Street, that all changed. We left Duval street and found ourselves in a calming oasis. The house is on the National Register of Historic Places and is maintained to the highest standard. Our room was cool and clean, with a refrigerator for personal items, upscale toiletries, TV one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in.

The garden has a private pool and jacuzzi and is surrounded by the most exquisite foliage that let just the right amount of sun in and kept any unwanted noise out. It was a real hideaway from the business of Duval Street. Breakfast was also served on the back porch adjacent to the house and pool area. The breakfast was fresh each day and provided the perfect start for expolring Key West or just lounging by the pool.

The staff, both the managers and hotel staff, were friendly and sincere. The offered great recommendations when asked and were couteous and polite. A real asset to the Inn.

My partner and I will return to Key West next year. This time however, our reservations will be made ahead of time at the Tropical Inn.

A True Oasis

My husband and I and another couple wanted to vacation in Key West. We searched the internet and found the Tropical Inn. We booked our rooms and off we went. We loved our stay!! My husband and I had the Banyantree Suite and the four of us would sit on the balcony overlooking the pool in the evening before dinner. The perfect spot for a glass of wine!

Duval Street is full of bars, shops, restaurants and people, but once you step inside the inn there is only peace and tranquility from the bustling street. The back garden and pool area is a wonderfully restful spot after a day of sightseeing.

Ask the innkeepers for restaurant recommendations. We had some wonderful dinners at their recommended restaurants.

This adults only inn is the perfect place for a romantic getaway. If you have never been to a B&B you will be converted after this experience!

A Great weekend stay..

by TripAdvisor Member toriamarie

This wonderful B&B sits right on Duval Street but walking distance to just about anywhere you will need or want to go and at the same time, it's very quite and pieceful.
The place is beautiful, the bed was very-very comfortable and the room very clean. They have a beautiful pool and jacuzzi surrounded by lush tropical landscape . The owners / management were very welcoming, helpful and so friendly. The complimentary breakfast is generous with a good selection of quality pastries, cereals, fruits, juice and coffee. We have been traveling to Key West for many years and have stayed at many hotels and inns. The Tropical Inn is no doubt on our top three list of places to stay. This lovely Inn has that Key West flair that most visitors are looking for.

Paradise in Key West

My girlfriend and I just returned from 6 nights at Tropical Inn in Key West. The garden is very beautiful and was a nice place to relax and enjoy the pool and listen to the waterfall. The Inn is located at just the right spot on Duval Street. It is a short walk to the many restaurants, small shops and all of the bars. The Inn was very quiet and we heard very little street noise. The web site is very accurate about the garden and the rooms. We stayed in the Banyan Tree Suite and enjoyed the balcony with a swing overlooking the pool. The Suite was large and clean. Housekeeping kept the room clean and was always done before we would return back to our room. This was the first time we have ever stayed at a B&B. If they are all like this, I would never stay at a chain hotel again. The Owners were very caring and sincere. They provided a lot of information about all of the restaurants and places to see. They went out of their way to make our stay very memorable. They went from making reservations, to setting up a sea plan tour for us. By the time we were leaving, we were sad to go. When we return back to the Keys, we will be staying once again at the Topical Inn.

Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member CarolinaDean

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 8 day trip to Key West and The Tropical Inn was just fabulous! We stayed in The Tuckaway which had the most wonderful bed, linens, decor & PRIVACY! A lovely property with pool, spa & gorgeous tropical landscaping. We were impressed with the security features and with the owners who made sure we were aware of all the 'hot spots' in town. We couldn't have asked for a better place! We will definitely return here!!!

North Carolina