512 Angella St., Florida, 33040, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Key West

Frank Adams grave siteFrank Adams grave site

Glad that we were not on the dock!Glad that we were not on the dock!

Harpoon Harry's, Key WestHarpoon Harry's, Key West

Hemingway bed, Key WestHemingway bed, Key West

Transport help required

by chris150157

Hi All, can anyone please advise, we are comming to key west for 3 months, and do not want to rent a car for the whole time, We are thinking of renting on the golf just before you get to key west, I have been told there is a bus service, can anyone tell me, which bus do I require, how often does it run, is it a regular service, and what time it stops in the evening. I have looked on the web, and am a bit flumuxed as to busses in that area. Hope some kind person can clarify matters for me. Kindest regards Chris

Re: Transport help required

by Spacemanspiff

Keywestcity.com will give you the KW City bus schedule as well as the schedule from Homestead all the way down the keys. If you are staying at the golf course you will be near the Hospital on Stock island and you can use the times for the hospital as a ballpark. busses go on clockwise and counterclockwise routes. Good Luck and enjoy Key West. Cheers, Spaceman

Travel Tips for Key West

Go Key West Express!

by aleah475

I had been so reluctant to travel to Key West, because of the high gas prices and I have never been a fan of traffic! Well a friend recommended that I take the Key West Express departing from Ft. Myers! First of all, it was extremely reasonable priced since I was on a luxury charter boat! All the crew members were extremely accommodating, and they were extremely knowledgeable and were able to answer all of my Key West questions! It was so relaxing laying out by the pool while I was served delicious drinks and hors d'oeuvres! It was so nice not having to sit in the driver's seat and worrying about getting lost or not getting to Key West in time. I was able to just enjoy the trip! I would absolutely recommend this trip to anyone that is looking for an alternative to driving to Key West, or simply just wants to get there the best way possible! My friend directed me to this site www.gokeywestexpress.com, and after doing some research I was even more convinced that this was the best way to start my journey!

The people you meet

by SvetlanaL

When My boyfriend (Paul) and I went to Key West., we became very sensitive to the vibrations we got from the place. For two days we felt strange where we were, but felt like we should be enjoying ourselves, so we stayed. We ran into one guy on Duvall street who said, "There is no reality in Key West, man."
Then we ventured into a small art gallery featuring amazing art of all different kinds. When speaking with the owner of the gallery, we understood why we felt so strange the entire time. He revealed to us that the entire island used to be a graveyard and the city is built on top of it. "Cayo Huesco", or "Bone Island" was its former name. Afterwards we felt dirty for staying so long and not listening to our instincts. This may seem like something that can ruin a roadtrip, and indeed I got a speeding ticket going 90 mph getting the hell out of Flroida, but we were both so happy to have our sensations confirmed that we were ready to leave. the experience was unforgetable. The best part of the visit has to be puppet show after the sunset celebration one night. If you can, try to find Marsha and Chester at Mallory square. Marsha plays the violin and puts on a hell of ashow as chester creates a puppet show to the music with childlike attentiveness. The stage and props are a collaboration of things they both found in dumpsters. They both ride bicycles with lots of trinkets and stickers glued to them and frequently visit the Denny's late at night. And are an entertaining couple of characters.

New Year Party 2003

by mariana67

I was on the Duval street to meet 2003 with 1000s people around. Everybody was screeming, drinking beer, dancing and laughing. A man throwed us beads from a roof. It was fantastic experiance for me to be there at that moment, because I am from East Europe and it was my first trip to USA. Unfortunately I forgot my camera at home :(
(I know, shame on me.) It was hot weather even in the midnight, but maybe it was because of champagne and beer - hahaha.

The ocean is beautiful, lots of neat things to see

by love2beachit

We loved the Two Friends Bar. We visited them each afternoon for Happy Hour. Craig is the man !! All of the nice people that we met. Everyone was so friendly. The whole island is so layed back. Seems you are in another world.

Go to Mallory Square and watch...

by rossandkelli

Go to Mallory Square and watch a Sunset!!! I love everything except the cost after December 15th - hotels etc. double in price! Best time to go is November and December because it's cheaper and not as crowded.

Comments