9000 Treasure Grove Ln, Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Caribe Cove Resort Orlando

great vacation

by TripAdvisor Member bigmansteve

We just returned from a trip to Florida and Caribe Cove made it that much more enjoyable. If you are looking for the amenities of a resort, forget it. The pool and the clubhouse area are nice, but that is it. We liked it because it was quiet and away from the hustle and bustle after a day at the parks. The location is perfect to Disney and other are attractions. The best thing was that it was very clean. I would absolutely stay here again

The cleanest resort we've ever stayed at

by TripAdvisor Member Good_Finder_Houston

We were impressed as soon as we opened the door. We stayed in a three bedroom villa and it was the cleanest rooms we've seen.

The villa was well stocked with cooking and eating utensils. The three televisions worked well and the lighting was sufficient.

Free internet was another big plus. I would recommend Caribe Cove to all my friends and family headed for Kissimmee.

We were erroneously billed for a movie which we did not catch at checkout. This was easily resolved with a phone call.

Staff was pleasant.

Beautiful Place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member madamex7

We just returned a few days ago from a week at Caribe Cove. The pics on the web are exactly as pictured - immacukate & beautiful. We had a 2 bedroom, & they were both spacious, with a very large master bath, with separate garden style tub & shower; the other bathroom was adequate as well.
Many people have complained about the staff, but we had no trouble - though our only contacts were upon checking in, checking out, & directions to church.
It was a bit difficult to find at night, but once we were headed toward Highway 27, we turned around & found our way; the street signs on 192 are visible once you are nearly on top of them, & unlike many drivers, I don't generally decide to make a left turn from a center lane.
It wasn't too far from Disney at all, though the traffic in on 192 crawls for a bit; not a big deal.
We got a fantastic price from Booking.com, & would highly recommend this to anyone staying with a family. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, & 2 Publix markets close by as well as a Walgreens.
We didn't have the opportunity to use the pool (always rained when we were planning to) but it looked quite nice . The enclosed patio was perfect for resting out in the outside - totally private, facing the side of the greenspace.
Having been to many hotels on our vacations over the years, though this is not 'technically' a hotel, I would not hesitate to stay here again, esp at the $109 price we paid.

Nice Villa, Shaky Customer Service

by TripAdvisor Member bignar

Just returned from a 3 day stay at Caribe Cove Reset. During checkin the attendant was in the middle of checking me in she took phone calls, and made me wait until she got off the phone to finish up.

Don't bother attempting to check-in before 4pm. We were almost there and I called to see if our room was ready, and was told that there was no way we could check in before 4pm. So we had to burn a couple hours before we could check-in. Although I had already read on here about the 4pm check in policy, I figured I would try anyway since we were running early. Don't waste your time it won't work.

First let me start off by saying that the Villas are nice, clean, and spacious. We were very satisfied with the appearance and anemities of the 3br/2bath unit.

On the other side I wouldn't call this a "resort" it's a couple of 5 story buildings a pool, and a check in area with a fitness room, not fitness center, but room, which just happens to be in the lobby. Who wants to work out with everyone starring at you. If you are used to vacationing in resorts with planned activities, childrens play areas, business center, and lots of happenings, then this is not the place for you. The pool is nice, but that's about it as far as things to do.

The television channels in the living room was so fuzzy that we couldn't even watch. Just had to turn it off. When I mentioned it to the front desk attendant , she said to call from our unit so she could sent someone to look at it. Why couldn't she put in the request to have it fixed then, as if I didn't know my room number or something.

Don't attempt to call the front desk, because you will never get through. Tried at least 10 times at various times of the day. Always got a busy signal. So, I just said forget about it.

I've stayed in many places where people go out of their way to help you. Not here, I went down to see if I could get our Sea World tickets printed. The "activity person" said she couldn't, the front desk person said no, and to go back to our room, go to a website, and get a number then come back with the number, and they will then print it. It wouldn't have taken then 2 minutes to do it for me. Tried to, but was unable to get it to work, and i'm pretty tech. savy. So, I eventually called Sea World, and they said to pick them up at guest services.

Overall we had a good stay other than the customer service issues. I've read some of the other reviews on here, and it appears that others have been having the same type of issues. I'm a very passive person, and couldn't help but to bring these things up. I also notice that the Management staff responds to some of the reviews. Well if you read this one, take my advice and send your staff (especially Catherine) to some customer services classes, because it doesn't matter how nice your resort is. People will stop staying there if there don't feel valued. Notice how this place was #1 a few weeks ago, not it's down to #4 and will probably keep dropping. People will react worse to bad service than they will to a nice villa.

Look no further!

by TripAdvisor Member pianomansmom

Where do I begin? My husband, college-age son and I decided on the spur of the moment to visit the Orlando area during my son's spring break. His cruise plans had fallen through and we decided to surprise him with a Florida trip. We typically stay at the Caribe Royale in Lake Buena Vista, but their rates were a little high for the accommodations this time of year. While doing an internet search for "Caribe", this gem of a condo resort popped up. I am very picky about where we stay on trips, so I searched TripAdvisor for reviews. (They've never failed me in 5 years!) To my surprise, I found this wonderful, new, convenient condominium resort which was rated fantastically. The price was less than we would have paid for a regular hotel room and we had a beautiful, immaculate 3 bedroom condo. As I've noticed in the other reviews, it was nice to have the extra space after spending the days and evenings at the parks. Yes, you will need a car, as the resort is a little off the beaten path, but you are by no means isolated. This is just off the newer end of 192 West, a development called Westside. We would definitely stay here on our next trip. The staff was pleasant and helpful, and we felt very safe as the community is gated and has an attendant at all times. My son and husband liked the pool area, but since it was raining, I skipped that part. You will not be sorry if you book this property, I promise. Only one teeny suggestion, though. In the 3 bedroom, the room with the twin beds faces the outer walkway to the condos. It is very bright at night, even with blinds. Some room darkening shades would fix this right up, just a suggestion. I'm sure the next time we decide to stay here, it will cost much more once every one discovers this hidden treasure. For now, though, if you're going to Orlando, look no further. Stay here!

Great Deal!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jmcz10

We decided to stay here based on their #1 review status in Kissimmee (and the very reasonable price). We booked a three bedroom unit, which was incredibly spacious. All rooms, including the third bedroom & kitchen, were bigger than expected. Yes, it is farther away from Disney than most (average 15 - 20 minute drive), but this didn't bother us. There isn't a restaurant at the resort, but you have your choice of supermarkets and places to eat within 5 minutes of the resort.

We received a call from the office one night asking us if our little girl lost a flip-flop. They were calling all rooms with children. Very thoughtful.

The only negatives were: the check-out time, which we hated (10:00 AM, enforced). The 2nd was the total inflexibility when asked about an early check-in. We booked this trip last-minute and only had one plane option. We arrived around noon and asked if it was possible to check-in a little early. Without checking to see if the room could be ready earlier, we were told that our room was gauranteed from 4:00 PM on). Finally, the lack of trash dumpsters at each of the buildings. The dumpsters were all at one building.

Depends on what you are paying!!

by TripAdvisor Member ExRIGuy

At $119 for a 3br condo we have no complaints -- if you are at that price or close then book it for sure. Rooms are spacious and clean and pics are accurate -- and the pool is decent. BUT, if you are reading this and rates are +/- $300 as I suspect they will be within a year or less as they try to take advantage of favorable reviews on sites like this that had a much lower price point built into them, then here are my thoughts as Disney pros:

Location: Nav read 11 miles to Epcot. At far far end of 192 and about 30 stop lights away. We were bumper to bumper many trips. We hate traffic -- added 30 minutes some times versus on site at Disney. Real estate slowdown has affected its location, in the middle of nowhere and could remain in a half-finished construction zone that is pretty ugly for quite some time.

Staff: Took us 30 minutes to check in and was likely worse for others behind us. Phone to front desk was often busy and there was always a line at the desk. Cannot check in before 4 period. They were still searching for clean rooms at that time. Folks were all friendly tho.

Quality: Cheap wicker living room furniture is great in pics, lousy as comfort goes. Don't plan on napping on the couch. You could also hear the springs in my mattress. Interior rooms were absolutely hollow walls, though insulation with neighboring units was good.

Tech: Wired and not wireless internet in the living room only. Struggled to get the TV's to work -- spent alot of time with no TV, other guests had same complaint.

Kids: Shallowest point in pool is 3'6". No towels by pool. Furniture was so cheap we felt the slightest bump by kids could break it.

Nice Condo , Awful administration

by TripAdvisor Member zoeylola

The condo itself was very spacious and it was clearly new. The television in the living room and the phones did not work. We mentioned this to the front desk but nothing was done about it.

We were booked to stay at the condo for 3 nights. We returned home on our second night there to find that our keys no longer worked. Tired & with 2 young children in tow, we went to the office. The woman behind the desk was rude and would not let us in unit. I offered to show her my booking confirmation on the computer, showing that I had prepaid out entire stay, but she refused to allow that. She insisted that I be escorted by security (like a common criminal) to the condo to obtain the paper copy of my reservation and she insisted that I bring it back to her office right away. I told her that my 2 kids were tired and that I would bring the reservation copy to her first thing in the morning. She would not allow this. The security guard thankfully was a lovely person, and she kindly brought the reservation copy to the evil front desk woman for me so that I could put my kids to bed!

In the morning, my husband and I went to speak to the hotel manager but she would not leave her office to speak to us. We felt that we deserved some sort of compensation for being locked out of our prepaid unit with our iung children, and for our time and troubles. The desk clerk was unable to do anything as her manager (the one that was hiding in her office) felt that this was not a compensary issue.

I gave the Caribe a satisfactory rating because of the decent condos and the good price. However, there are loads of places to stay in the area, and due to their horrible service, I cannot recommend this resort. As a new resort in the area, they should be doing their utmost to build a good reputation for themselves.

Refreshing

by TripAdvisor Member CanadaBruce

This is a refreshing accomodation that met the needs perfectly for our family. Large spacious units with fully stocked clean and like new kitchens. The entire unit was immaculately cleaned. King size bed in master bedroom and twins in the kids room were perfect for our family of 4. The fitness area was small but very useable (weight machine was one of the best and truly flexable I have ever seen). The large pool area was perfect for our 8 and 11 year old kids. The room had ample clean towels and bathrooms were a perfect size. Staff was very friendly and down to earth. Security gate was manned by very friendly staff. After going on a 4 day cruise, swimming with the dolphins, Disney, Busch Gardens and Universal Studios my kids still thought the condo was the best thing on the trip. Would definately recommend this accomodation especially if you get it for $110 per night including taxes as we did (not including the one time after use cleaning fee of $65; obviously worth it). Wish our stay was longer than the 5 nights we stayed. Highly recommend for all travellers. If you want to get close to the pool request building 1 or 2 as 3, 4 & 5 are further from the clubhouse facility.

Not worth the stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member MNIrritated

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Resort it was beautiful!! The pool was very nice, the room was spacious and clean. However, the check-out was not so good... it was almost like we were thrown a peice of paper to sign and shoved out the door. We booked our package with orbitz months prior to our vacation obviously paid for well in advance to get home and find out that my checking acct has been charged all over again making my acct neg over $500 for a week, which was VERY inconvenient.

When calling the resort to correct the issue Gloria was very RUDE!! I as well as my banker could not speak to a manager when asked several times. I just think in such a mistake like this of double charging someone's acct you could be a little more understanding but it was treated as no big deal.

Again, the place overall was nice but i will never be back and i will not recommend this place to any others traveling to this area.

Comments