Champions World Resort

Tags

Theme Park Trips Budget Travel Family Travel
See Amenities

Champions - Zero customer Care

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 13, 2012

Champions World Resort is a good value for the price you pay until something happens... And then you realize that customer service is nonexistent and they really don't care at all about their patrons!
I am a single mom of 3 children under 12 years old, one of them being disabled...... I'd been saving up to take them to Disney for Spring Break for quite some time.  We were going for 6 days and 7 nights and doing all the parks.  We'd never done the water parks before, and the kids were extremely excited to give them a try.
I booked us at Champions World because we had stayed there once before and the rates were decent and the room was a good fit for my family.  Every night when we came back from Disney,  we'd play for a while in the pool before bed, and then again every morning before hitting the parks.  On the fourth night of our stay, my 10 year old daughter sliced her foot open in the pool.  She was getting out of the pool in the deep end of the pool, using e ladder that had just been "reopened" (it had been taped off previously because of a missing step) when she stepped on the top step and something on it, cut a deep slice all along the bottom of her big toe... It looked like the skin had been peeled off ... It was about 1/4" wide and 2-3 inches long right alone the bottom of her big toe.... It bled like crazy.  I took her to the room, tried to clean it up and get the bleeding to stop.
I called the front desk to let them know what happened so they could check the ladder, and ask if they had a first aid kit.   I was told they had gauze and might have some band aids.  I told them I would bring her right up.   Because it was late, there was no manager, so the front desk clerk handed me a roll of gauze and I tried to wrap my crying daughter's toe as well as I could.  It wasn't a wound that could be stitched, the skin was completely removed, there was noting to stitch closed.  I advised the clerk that I'd see if bandaging would work and I'd give her some Tylenol and hopefully that would help.  While there she asked if I wanted to fill out an accident report.  I did and she assured me the manager would follow up with me the next day.
Luckily the resort is located near several stores, and I was able to get some first aid supplies,  and Tylenol for my daughter...   The next morning when we were getting ready, every time my daughter would walk, the cut would start bleeding again... With the continuing bleeding, there was no way that we could do the water parks which we'd been saving for or last days.  My children were extremely upset, but understanding...  And I'm out the difference in price on the tickets..... Not only that, but there's no way she can even walk around the parks...  My only options were to go home early or rent a wheelchair and push her around all day......
Needless to say, I rented a wheelchair from the park during each of our 3 remaining days and pushed her around all over MK, Hollywood Studios, and AK.   Wheel chair rental as $12 each day... As opposed to having to leave with miserable children, I thought it was a deal..... Little did I know!
When we got back to our room that first day aft she was injured, there was no msg from the manager... And it being late, she had already left.... The next day I went to the lobby and asked to speak with her.  I told her what happened and she told me the she'd been off yesterday and still hadn't had a chance to read the report yet.  I waited for about 20mins while she found it and read it.  I explained that I had to rent a wheelchair and informed her that I thought they should reimburse me at least for that... I also told her that we'd been u able to go to the watermarks for fear of infection, pain, etc.  I gave her the receipts, she said she'd send it to their insurance company, because they handle any problems and told me that they'd definitely contact me within 48 hours..... I informed her that I wasn't very happy about this, that it'd certainly impacted our vacation, that my daughter was hurt, I was out money, and MY back was killing me from pushing a wheelchair for miles for days!
Now any decent company would have adjusted my bill at LEAST for the wheel chair rental, rig there... But no... Not Champions!
Now we're home... It's been nearly 3 weeks since this happened... I've Not received a single call from their insurance company.... Have called and spoke to e same manager at Champions 3 times and she keeps assuring me she'll contact the insurance company... They won't give me any other contact information....
My daughter has a scar on her foot... I'm still out of pocket $36 and first aid supplies.... Oh yes and I aggravated my back pushing the wheelchair and and having to see a chiropractor (haven't been to one for more than 10 yrs when I was in a car accident) so I can continue to function and raise my 3 kids and work.....
And Champions doesn't even have the decency to return a phone call!
I wasn't looking for a lawsuit, I would have been happy with an adjustment to my bill to compensate for the expenses I incurred because of their pool!!
A business is only as good as their customer service and care.... For this, Champions definitely is a failure!

Nearby Champions World Resort

Champions World Resort

• Hotel Champions World
  • Champions World Hotel Kissimmee

Address: 8660 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, (A.K.A West US-192), Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States

Amenities at Champions World Resort

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Kissimmee Travel Forum

Need advice about Kissimmee, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Kissimmee and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kissimmee hotel reviews