2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

8660 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, (A.K.A West US-192), Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

• Champions - Zero customer Care

Champions World Resort is a good value for the price you pay until something happens... And then you realize that customer service is nonexistent and they really don't care at all about their patrons!
    I am a single mom of 3 children under 12 years old, one of them being disabled...... I'd been saving up to take them to Disney for Spring Break for quite some time.  We were going for 6 days and 7 nights and doing all the parks.  We'd never done the water parks before, and the kids were extremely excited to give them a try.
    I booked us at Champions World because we had stayed there once before and the rates were decent and the room was a good fit for my family.  Every night when we came back from Disney,  we'd play for a while in the pool before bed, and then again every morning before hitting the parks.  On the fourth night of our stay, my 10 year old daughter sliced her foot open in the pool.  She was getting out of the pool in the deep end of the pool, using e ladder that had just been "reopened" (it had been taped off previously because of a missing step) when she stepped on the top step and something on it, cut a deep slice all along the bottom of her big toe... It looked like the skin had been peeled off ... It was about 1/4" wide and 2-3 inches long right alone the bottom of her big toe.... It bled like crazy.  I took her to the room, tried to clean it up and get the bleeding to stop.
    I called the front desk to let them know what happened so they could check the ladder, and ask if they had a first aid kit.   I was told they had gauze and might have some band aids.  I told them I would bring her right up.   Because it was late, there was no manager, so the front desk clerk handed me a roll of gauze and I tried to wrap my crying daughter's toe as well as I could.  It wasn't a wound that could be stitched, the skin was completely removed, there was noting to stitch closed.  I advised the clerk that I'd see if bandaging would work and I'd give her some Tylenol and hopefully that would help.  While there she asked if I wanted to fill out an accident report.  I did and she assured me the manager would follow up with me the next day.
    Luckily the resort is located near several stores, and I was able to get some first aid supplies,  and Tylenol for my daughter...   The next morning when we were getting ready, every time my daughter would walk, the cut would start bleeding again... With the continuing bleeding, there was no way that we could do the water parks which we'd been saving for or last days.  My children were extremely upset, but understanding...  And I'm out the difference in price on the tickets..... Not only that, but there's no way she can even walk around the parks...  My only options were to go home early or rent a wheelchair and push her around all day......
    Needless to say, I rented a wheelchair from the park during each of our 3 remaining days and pushed her around all over MK, Hollywood Studios, and AK.   Wheel chair rental as $12 each day... As opposed to having to leave with miserable children, I thought it was a deal..... Little did I know!
    When we got back to our room that first day aft she was injured, there was no msg from the manager... And it being late, she had already left.... The next day I went to the lobby and asked to speak with her.  I told her what happened and she told me the she'd been off yesterday and still hadn't had a chance to read the report yet.  I waited for about 20mins while she found it and read it.  I explained that I had to rent a wheelchair and informed her that I thought they should reimburse me at least for that... I also told her that we'd been u able to go to the watermarks for fear of infection, pain, etc.  I gave her the receipts, she said she'd send it to their insurance company, because they handle any problems and told me that they'd definitely contact me within 48 hours..... I informed her that I wasn't very happy about this, that it'd certainly impacted our vacation, that my daughter was hurt, I was out money, and MY back was killing me from pushing a wheelchair for miles for days!
    Now any decent company would have adjusted my bill at LEAST for the wheel chair rental, rig there... But no... Not Champions!
    Now we're home... It's been nearly 3 weeks since this happened... I've Not received a single call from their insurance company.... Have called and spoke to e same manager at Champions 3 times and she keeps assuring me she'll contact the insurance company... They won't give me any other contact information....
    My daughter has a scar on her foot... I'm still out of pocket $36 and first aid supplies.... Oh yes and I aggravated my back pushing the wheelchair and and having to see a chiropractor (haven't been to one for more than 10 yrs when I was in a car accident) so I can continue to function and raise my 3 kids and work.....
    And Champions doesn't even have the decency to return a phone call!
    I wasn't looking for a lawsuit, I would have been happy with an adjustment to my bill to compensate for the expenses I incurred because of their pool!!
    A business is only as good as their customer service and care.... For this, Champions definitely is a failure!

More about Champions World Resort

Cheap and Cheerful

by TripAdvisor Member Black-Rose42

This hotel is just fine if you remember it is in the cheaper end of the bracket. You cannot pay these cheap prices and expect the Ritz.

Our room was lovely and clean which is all I care about when going away. The linens and the rooms where changed and cleaned every day.

We found the staff to be friendly and when anything went wrong a quick call soon solved the problems.

It is only 10 minutes to disney and there are plenty of shops nearby.

Yes of course there are better hotels but for this price, you get exactly what you pay for and we had no problems at all.

One day my daughter left 200 dollars on the bed because she forgot to put it in her purse. We were sure it would not be there when we got back but it was.

Great stay!

by TripAdvisor Member JudyMA_9

We stayed for only 2 nights. We were amazed at the lobby area and lounge-both were extremely bright and very appealing upon entering. All employees of the hotel were very friendly and courteous. The covered heated pool is a great advantage since we were from the New England area.
We would highly recommend this hotel to others. It is a great value for the money!

CLEAN, COMFORTABLE BUT IN NEED OF A RENOVATION

by TripAdvisor Member DottieMazarron

The public rooms at this hotel seem newly renovated and are attractive. We didn't use the pool or other facilities, - basically just as a place to sleep and shower. The rooms themselves are clean and the bedding and towels are changed daily, so no complaints. The actual room decoration and carpets need renewal, but the beds were comfortable. For a lower priced hotel we found it adequate for our needs. A plus for later visitors is that they started to coat and mark out the parking areas outside our room as we left so we had a very early wake-up call on our last morning there!
If you are a smoker, be sure to ask for a 'smoking room, as they impose a 250$ charge for cleaning if you smoke in a non-smoking room. Phone calls from the room are mega expensive also, as they charge from the moment you press '9' regardless as to whether you connect or not!

Didn't feel safe

by TripAdvisor Member soccermom93

Stayed here for the Special Olympics. We had two rooms. My room had broken locks and I had to put a chair under the door to feel safe at night. Didn't help that there was written warning left about "bad experiences" other guests have had when ordering out for food. The shower head was hanging off the wall. I had to push it back in to get it to work.The A/C unit woke me up constantly when kicking in. Sounded like a train coming through the window.Other room had no hot water at all. Renovations are great in the public areas, but the rooms are in serious need of help. I am very dissappointed that the Special Olympics have chosen this as there designated hotel with all the places available in the area. If this is where they put us next year, I have serious doubts we will take part in this event again.

Dirty, dirty, dirty. Dont stay here with kids

by TripAdvisor Member tootiekri

We needed a cheap hotel for two days and this one had the location and price we needed. We went expecting the best, but come on! The door had huge gaps in it went we would close it, not safe at all. The bathroom was gross and the toilet ran all night long. The bed were supposedly new, but those were the worst two nights of my life. I could not sleep. The couch which my kids slept on pulled out and was gross too. The blankets are horrible you dont want to touch them. If I could do it over i would pay a little bit more for something nicer. Also they tried charging me for a fridge for 10 dollars a day which i didn't have. The only thing that was nice was the pool. One more thing the play ground it terrible. Its not age appropriate at all you have to be 10 and up to be able to get up on it. Go somewhere else.

Can't wait to come back!

by TripAdvisor Member flyingmarfa

This was a wonderful place to stay and enjoy Orlando. The room could have used a little updating, but was comfortable and larger than most value priced hotels. The staff was very friendly and made us feel like family. It only took us 10 minutes to get to the Disney entrance and we liked being on the "quieter" end of busy Irlo Bronson Hwy. The pools were AMAZING!! The covered, heated one felt great, but it did get quite crowed by 5 pm. The sun pool with the jacuzzi stayed almost empty and we lazed around in the sun for hours. We've had 3 past trips to Orlando and stayed in 3 different value hotels that we'll never return to. I'm so happy to have found where we will stay every time we visit Orlando!!!

Not Horrible but not great

by TripAdvisor Member momcarebear

My stay was okay with the exception of issues with the door and shower The lock/handle had to be replaced within an hour check in. The shower did not have good water pressure and not much hot water.

worst place ever I have stayed

by TripAdvisor Member BigVern69

we booked a last minute deal at this hotel with Virgin - it was awful - felt grubby and very unsafe as there were teenagers running up and down the landings all night.

We were supposed to be there for 14 days and managed to book into a Disney Resort hotel after 3 days but had to return there for the last night of our holiday.

Honestly, the place was a dump - I would not put my dog there. It was everything that you see in a US tv programme when a fugitive needs a seedy motel when they are on the run.

How Virgin can still advertise this place is beyond me - DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED CASH ON IT! Pay more and go somewhere else.

Gross-Never again!!

by TripAdvisor Member CharityCrafter

Can't believe Special Olympics would choose this hotel as a family hotel. Rooms not clean, locks broken on doors, toilets don't flush, A/C doesn't work.

Comments