Comfort Suites Maingate

Clarion Suites Maingate
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Rated 14% higher but also costs 28% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Comfort Suites Maingate

Great place to relax and unwind after Disney

by TripAdvisor Member pvfan03

My wife, 9 year old daughter and myself stayed at the Comfort Suites Maingate for 3 nights in May. We did a last minute trip to Disney and were budget minded. We didn't want to stay in any of the economy hotels on the Disney property due to the horrible reviews they received, but wanted to be close to the parks. This property was just perfect for what we needed!

This hotel definitely exceeded expectations for what we paid. The "suites" are efficiently laid out even though they are really only one room with a small divider between the bed and living room area. Our room included a small refridgerator and microwave. There was a grocery store in the strip mall right next door. There were lots of good restaurants in the immediate area as well.

The pool area was gorgeous for this type of property and reminded me of a smaller version of what we have seen at fancy resorts. There is even a bar right next to the pool. Again, not something you normally see at this type of hotel.

I know a lot of reviewers have been very critical of the breakfast room. Yes, this area was crowded and somewhat difficult to navigate. What do these people expect? This is an extremely popular area with high occupancy rates in the hotels. Lots of people + free food = chaos. It is what it is. A little patience goes a long way in this situation.

Overall, I have nothing bad to say about the Comfort Suites Maingate. It was an excellent value with some nice ammeneties. It's nice and close to the parks and a perfect place to unwind after a crazy day at Disney.

A+ for a 10 day stay

My family and I just returned from a 10 day stay in the Orlando area and stayed at the Comfort Suites Maingate Resort for the entire 10 days.
We were a little concerned when we booked our reservations because this was really the first time booking anything like this online and the fact that this hotel did not seem to have as many reviews written about it, like many of the others.
Well, when we arrived the Comfort Suites was exactly like advertised. The management was extremely friendly and professional and everywhere you turned you found staff cleaning (including elevator floors and exterior railings and doors). The rooms were very clean and roomy with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, free safe and hair dryer. The grounds were well landscaped and groomed, accenting the three pools ( kiddy pool, hot tub and full size pool) beautifully. We also enjoyed the Cabana bar and the tropical music being played by the pool. We had also brought our own drinks poolside without any complaints... a definate plus.
If I had to think really hard for any negatives I guess the only thing that I could come up with was the water pressure in the shower. The hotel is very energy minded ( a good thing) with flourescent lighting in the rooms and a water miser shower head.
At the risk of letting out a good secret, for the money, I would highly recommend the Comfort Suites Maingate to anyone.

Best Value

I travel for business quite a bit; at least one week per month. However I stayed at the Comfort Suites Maingate for leisure on a family vacation with my wife and four children. The hotel was the best value I've ever found. I usually stay at Hyatts, Sheratons, and Marriotts, but based upon Trip Advisor feedback, I decided to try this hotel.

The room was bigger than I thought it would be with a very large bathroom. It was nicely decorated and very clean. The pool, hot tub, and kiddie pool were terrific and even included a snack bar and bar.

The breakfast was a real value, especially with the make your own belgian waffles. For three nights, six people, I spent $219 including taxes. I often spend that per night without the extra roominess or free breakfast!

The hotel is only 5 minutes from Disney, so even though there's a free shuttle, it pays to drive rather than wait the 45 minutes it takes the bus to go from hotel to hotel picking up guests all along the highway.

I'll never stay on Disney property again. This is an unbelievable value.

Just OK, but good for the price

by TripAdvisor Member cavalier2

Just returned back from vacation with my 3 kids and wife. We had some problems with the carpet cleanliness, which they tried to address by cleaning the carpets while we were heading out. This caused another problem - mold due to improper ventilation. They did move us after we complained again, as my wife had an allergic reaction. Fairly good housingkeeping otherwise, although skimpy on the toiletries. Freiendly staff, although the front staff acted quite tired to our requests.

Pool nice although shallow for an outdoor pool (none over 5 feet deep). Kids pool with an inviting looking mushroom fountain was icy cold and unusable; main pool heated tho. Hottub was very good.

The very appreciated breakfast buffet as very frantic with the staff wisking everything away at 10:01 SHARP (they would litterly wait behind you at 10 if still up to the bar). Items were strictly continental except belgain waffel irons, with no variation over the week we stayed. Definately need more tables - were always fighting to get a free table.

One REAL complaint I had was the shuttle. They ONLY ran once a day to each park - mostly early morning departures, and then pickup at park closing. This was very impractical with kids that needed downtime and couldn't do the park all day. We choose to drive, as parking was less then $10/day at all parks. They really need to improve this - other hotels we have been to have oferred more shuttles.

In spite of the above, I'd probably go back. Was a fairly good bargin at under 80/night, and very close to the parks (10 minutes to Disney, longer to universal). Saw much worse for much more in the area.

Good hotel for a good price

by TripAdvisor Member imawinslow

My family (2 adults and 4 teenagers) stayed here before heading to the beach. We checked in around 11:00 p.m. and it was very smooth. Our room overlooked the pool area which was really nice. The pool and hot tub are great. We took advantage of the breakfast offered by the hotel on the two mornings we were there and there was a good selection to choose from. We did not take advantage of the transportation to Magic Kingdom or Seaworld because we wanted to be on our on schedule. The room and outside appearance of the hotel is very clean and even though you are near a main road it is behind Cracker Barrell and an Italian resturant and with all landscaping you do not feel that way. This hotel was good for us because it was convenient to the theme parks and it was less than 170.00 for 2 nights for 6 people.

Wonderful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member red2071

This was a very clean hotel. The rooms were adequate in size. The breakfast was very good, the ususal continental breakfast stuff as well as making your own belgium waffles. The pool was big, there was plenty of space for all. Housekeeping kept the right amount of towels and pool towels in your room each day. They even have a routine of cleaning carpets as our floor was done during our stay. The laundry room was big and we were always able to use a washer or dryer when needed. The staff was very pleasant, always smiling and saying hello. We had a wonderful stay at this hotel and would definitely stay here again. We booked this hotel with the intention of using the shuttle to Disney but the times the shuttle ran were very few and we ended up driving instead. It was only about a 5 minute drive to Disney property but we had to pay $8 a day for parking.

Great for families of 5

Great Hotel. It is not often that we find a hotel that can accomadate a family of 5 (3 teens an mom & dad) and still have room to move. we could not beleive the size of the rooms. The staff was helpful and friendly. the rooms as well as the laundry area was very clean and well maintaned. It was walking distance to a grocery store as well a numerous restruants. It was only a ten minute drive to the parks, but at the same time far enough from the hustle and bustle so that the nights were quiet for a good nights sleep (did not hear any road noise). Our 3 boys really enjoyed the continental breakfast. Over our 14 day stay the only trivial complaint I had was the hot tub was not always working. In fact my husband and I will be staying here again in February 2006 after our cruise. I would highly recommend any family to try this hotel. If you can find it in your buget I also recommend a car rental for more freedom to come and go as you please.

Wow! Our oasis from the hub bub

by TripAdvisor Member KirkcollmWp

Our oasis from Orlando!

Wow! That is all we could say about this place. The room was huge! We had two queen beds and a pull out couch, with a refrigerator and microwave for only $45!

Loved where it was located. Near everything but away from the road, there was no noise at all! So quiet.

The pool was beautiful. It was a nice size, with a whirlpool and also a kiddie pool.

The breakfast was the norm, toast, bagels, cereal, fruit, but you could also make your own belgian waffles.

We were very happy with the stay. Only there one night, but found the front desk to be very courteous and friendly. And loved the ten minute rule for the Internet, since we have stayed other places where there are computer hogs. Plus you should be doing more when traveling!

Definitely recommend!

A Pleasant Surprise...!!!

by TripAdvisor Member lordhavemercy

Let me preface this by saying that we don't usually stay at "budget" motels.....

After reading the reviews of this motel on this site...we were ready to to take a chance on this Comfort Suites, soley on the high marks given it by the other respondents...and we weren't dissappointed. The staff was friendly...the rooms very clean...the mattresses extremely comfortable...good pillows....clean linens.

The breakfast buffet was very good...more than you would expect...muffins, breads, fruits, yogurts, hard-boiled eggs, lovely freshly-made belgian waffles (reg and chocolate)...with strawberry topping and whipped creme if you so desired...and they were really delightful. Numerous juices....hot teas, coffee and hot chocolates. Also the usual breakfast cereals, hot oatmeal, bagels, toast etc. Really a very pleasant surprise.

The pool and hot tub were very clean. The staff was out there every morning first thing cleaning it. (we are pool/spa owners so we watch these things) Our teenage daughter found the pool to be wonderfully warm and inviting...the hot-tub very enjoyable as well...

I required an electric scooter which was delivered to the motel prior to our arrival...and the staff was very courteous in helping with the whole situation.

We were all very pleased with this resort...it's location, quality, cleanliness and ambience....

storefront kissimeestorefront kissimee