Days Inn Maingate East Kissimmee

5840 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, Florida, 34746, United States
Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 15% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Days Inn Maingate East Kissimmee

the pits.

the days inn maingate east should be torn down and a real hotel built. the day we got there we walked into our room there was hair on the floor, mold on the shower curtain the t.v. didn't work properly two days into the vacation the card key wouldn't let us into the room. they promised it would be fixed and why wasn't I surprised that it had't been fixed the carpet had so many stains on it there was no way of cleaning it. I feel bad as a father that my family depended on me and this was the hotel I picked never again. I think the people in should be fired to allow a hotel to get in this shape is inexcusable they don't take their job to seriously

worse than i expected

by TripAdvisor Member jennilla

Because the room was very cheap (34.00/night), I wasn't expecting much. I was expecting hard mattresses, dingy décor, musty old hotel room smell, etc. Even though all of these held to be true, there were problems with our room that were unacceptable, even at such an inexpensive room rate. Our sheets and blankets on the bed were stained with what looked like blood. Housekeeping did change the sheets, but that’s something that should have been noticed before we had to discover it. Other problems included a clogged bathroom sink, loose cable outlet that caused the cable to cut out every few minutes, hairdryer that kept shorting out, vanity light that didn’t work, noisy A/C, TV remote that didn’t work and no manual controls for the TV volume, among other inconveniences. The hotel also automatically charges your credit card for use of the safe and local phone calls. If you do not use these services, you have to tell them when you check out and then they will issue you a refund. This means that you cannot use the “express check out” unless you’re okay with being charged the extra fees. Among the hotel’s positive points include it’s cheap rate and excellent location—just a 10 minute drive to all the Disney parks, and plenty of places to eat within walking distance of the hotel.

Gross is an Understatement

by TripAdvisor Member jjakers2

My family stayed at this "hotel" in July of 2004, luckily for only one night before leaving on a cruise. We chose the location due to being next door to Old Town, which is like a glorified carnival. We did not check in until early evening, and by then it was too late to change. We should have just slept in our car. Dirty, filthy and repulsive aren't harsh enough when describing this place. The carpet was filthy (and sticky??), we had to put extra towels on the bathroom floors b/c they were too disgusting to stand on barefoot (and the towels smelled funky anyway), and we all slept in our clothes we'd worn all day (no point in dirtying our pj's). The front door on one of our rooms looked like it had been pried open at one point, and the sidewalks outside of our rooms were grungy. We had to walk through mud to get to the pool area, and I don't think they'd seen chlorine in a while as they had a horrible smell and looked yellow (ick). Please don't stay here - there's plenty of motels/hotels in the area, and I highly doubt there's anywhere else as nasty as this place! I wrote a letter to Days Inn corporate office and all they said was "each Days Inn is independently owned", which I guess means they don't care what kind of property their name is on. I'll never stay at any Days Inn after this experience, it's not worth the risk.

Will be back!

We just returned last night from a week at the Days Inn Maingate in Kissimmee. Let me start by saying that I was a bit reluctant to stay at this hotel based on some of the reviews I read but the hotel was actually very pleasant. We had a room on the 3rd floor facing the pool. The pool was huge and they have a tiki bar that opens at around 5 pm every night. The room was cleaned and replenished with clean towels every day. We only had one occasion when the maid forgot to leave us toilet paper and towels. I called the front desk and they apologized and quickly sent the maid to our room. The room was not fancy but it was alright for the two of us. The room had 2 full size beds, a TV with HBO, pay-per-view movies, and nintendo for a fee. We saw the hotel staff cleaning the pool and the grounds every day. The only complaint that we had was that the soda machines throughout the hotel were not working properly and took our money twice. So if you want beverages or snacks you can always go to either Walgreens or 7 Eleven which are both within walking distance from the hotel. We were right next door to Old Town where they have all kinds of stores, restaurants and nightly entertainment. The front desk guest services at the hotel did ask us if we wanted discount tickets for the theme parks and when we asked what was the catch they told us that we would have to go to see a presentation. It was a timeshare presentation and we did go see it just to get the discount tickets. I don't regret going to see the presentation, the place they took us to was actually really nice. What I did not like was the attitude we got when we told the timeshare guy that we did not want to buy. All in all it wasn't that bad. This hotel has free shuttles to all Disney Parks and they have a Seaworld and Universal free shuttle only Fri and Sat. I do suggest that you go to swim in the pool early in the day because it gets packed when all the kids come back from the parks at night. One more thing, do not use the room phone to make long distance calls, I got billed WAY extra for 3 calls I made the first 3 nights we were there. There is a small store by the front desk and they do sell phone cards but you need to go there early because they close in the early afternoon. I wish I would have known that they sold calling cards right from the beginning. But oh well, I now know for next time. If you want a comfortable, clean, inexpensive place to stay then this is the place. We had a great time and we will return.

Beware of the extra charges and lack of customer first attitude

This hotel is all about saving a buck for themselves. We called the hotel a few miles before arriving at the hotel to see if they were accepting the travel coupon found at most rest stops and tourist sites. They said they did and we told them we would see them in a few minutes. Upon checking in we were advise that there was a $20.00 surcharge to use the coupon. I should have back away from the desk and looked elsewhere. I didn't.

Ok, so all goes well until I check out. This hotel adds an extra $1.70 per night as a safe warranty if you use the inroom, out of date key lock safe. So how do they keep tabs on this? Do they inspect the safes everyday to see who needs to be charges or not.

Upon arriving home I come to find I left a small power cord that could be place in large business envelope. Upon calling the hotel I am given two option. I can either provide a credit card to have the item returned Fed Ex or they will turn the item over to a local Pacmail outfit that comes by about once or twice a month and work out the shipping cost with them.

Come on we are talking about 2-3 dollars to mail this item to me if they stick it in a envelope and put a few stamps or metered mail on it.

The hotel manage refused to provide the name and address of the owner of the hotel nor could I get a copy of my registration faxed to me. (Now I wanted to look a little deeper into the charge for the safe. )

Days Inn Corp customer service was no help either. They refused to take a complaint regarding the matter nor could I speak with a supervisor when I requested one.

I understand Days Inn hotels are independantly owned and operated but I will be staying outside of this chain in the future. If the brand name doesn't reflect customer first customer service the sign on the hotel might as well have said Barry's beds.

Not bad ....

by TripAdvisor Member ddukes09

OK well all in all i can't complain cuz we stayed here for one night byt reedeming our Tripreward points for a free night. We checked in kinda late and when we got to the room, the keys would not work. This wasnt good not only cuz we were on the 3rd floor but it was also raining, so after a walk back to the front desk, she redid the cards and said that maintenace was gonna come along just in case. Well i went back to the room only to have the key cards not work again. Maintenace finally came and they let us in viz a regualr key. It was discovered that there was a problem with the reader and he said he would be back to fix it. We were getting ready to go to dinner and he said it should be fixed soon. We went and when we returned a little over an hor later, he was stil in our roon wokring, this was annoying cuz it was already past 11pm and we wer exhausted from a day int he park. He got done not too long afterward, but hat inconveninec laone and the fact that they did not offer to change our rooms was a little disapointing.
The room itself was nice, clean towels and for the most part, clean room. It overlooked the layground which is next ot the pool.
Check in and out were easy and quick and the front desk staff was nice.
I dotn think we would ever stay here more than one night cuz its not just what were used to, we like the disney properties. This is a great hotel for one night stays or at most 2 and only if you are going ot be there limited amount of time. Its graet cuz its next to old town, so if you choose to go u dont have to fight for parking, just walk over and its also very conveninet to other restaurents on 192.
The buildings themselves need a bit of a facelift. The stairs and railings look very worn and old and hte fact that it was raining , they seemed slippery, i was very cautious just in case. It was pretty full and lots of people were in the pool and walking about even at the time. Just knowing that they can get in with their key make sure you use the safety locks in the room.
Overall just an ok stay.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in hands down!!! I got an excellent rate so I was not expecting anything grand, but black mold and a horrible smell was not acceptable (and this was our 2nd room). During the 1st part of my trip (and staying someplace else) this hotel was on the news for a theft, therefore my husband decided he did not want to stay on the 1st floor, so we asked for a different room. (The 1st room looked dirty anyway.) The 2nd room looked cleaner, but when I went to turn the light on in the bathroom I touched the wall and my hand had mold all over it -- disgusting! I figured since we would hardly be in the room not to complain again (now I wish I would have). When we took showers it smelled like burning hair. I have to say that if we could have afforded it we definately would have gone someplace else. I will never stay there again.

Worst Days Inn Experience Ever

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. With the cheap rate we paid, we were not expecting anything spectacular, just a clean place to sleep and shower. We arrived late at night and found that the toilet did not work! Management could not repair the problem and offered to move us to another room but we had an adjoining room with family so we ended up using their bathroom. They sent up a plunger so I could attempt to fix the problem. They did send someone up to fix the problem next day after I called them again to remind them. The room was a no smoking room but all the towels stank of smoke. The cleaning staff did a horrible job of cleaning the room and bathroom, I think all they did was replace the towels and make the beds.

I had even checked the rating of this hotel on the Days Inn website and it said that it was a "5 Sunburst" property which is their highest rating! I would not recommend staying at this hotel and am definitely not staying with Days Inn again.

Closest Reasonably Priced Hotel To Disney

by TripAdvisor Member BigBlueBeast

When I came to this hotel, I walked into this nice lovely lobby. After I received my keys, I had to find my room. I found out that my room was in one of those old ugly rusty outdated motel buildings outside the lobby building. Finding the room numbers was very confusing. The stairs were green and had rust. The carpet around the motel rooms looked horrible! The rooms overall were okay, but the bathrooms were old and looked like they haven't been renovated since 1980. The shower had almost no water pressure. The cool thing about this hotel is the residents are the first to get on the shuttle bus to Disney World and the first to get off when going back home. Do not talk to the old lady in the lobby trying to sale time share. This hotel (motel) will do anything to take your money! They charge you for using everything in the room from the phone to the safe to the nintendo. And the gift shop overcharges for everything!! It rained the entire time I was there so they made a profit off of rain gear.

Comments