Econo Lodge Maingate Central

Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 28% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

• 58 out of 98 Rate this Hotel a 1 or 2 FOR A REASON

I notice I am not the only one complaining about the same issues. As my title states, 58 out of 98 give this hotel a 1 or 2, and that is FOR A REASON!! Very, VERY few give it a 4 or 5, and in all honesty, don't know how anyone could give it that. While my room was not as bad as some have described, it was not good either. The hidden fee is flat out WRONG, and I would be willing to start a Class Action Lawsuit for the deception of the hotel/Priceline.com. I have filed a BBB complaint, and a complaint to the Florida Attorney General's Office, and I hope others do as well!
    To begin, my complaint centers around Priceline.com, and since it was the purchase of a hotel room, I do not know if the purchase was technically through Priceline Travel Inc, or Priceline.com Inc. Here are the chain of events that occurred: 1) At about 9:30PM on Tuesday August 23, 2011, I made a Priceline.com request for a hotel in the Kissimmee, area) Shortly afterward, I was approved for my "Name my price" request of $28.00 plus the Priceline.com service fee and taxes of $10.76, for a total of $38.76, which was immediately charged to my credit card. 3) Priceline.com, has two different types of purchases that can be made. The first, which I have never used, is you search the hotel of your choice, and make the purchase based upon a 'discounted' rate. Because I have never used this service of Priceline, I do not know if Priceline.com adds any additional service fee or taxes, but those types of charges might be an agreed upon additional charge. The second type, which I have used many times over the years, is the "name your price" version, where I make a 'bid' which is either agreed/approved or denied. If denied, no charge is made, and that is the end of that request, although I can alter it some, and make another bid/request. If approved, the amount bid, plus the taxes & Priceline.com service fee are added, and the total amount immediately charged to my credit card of choice. There are notations, plus it should be understood, if you purchase additional services, such as, but not limited to: room service, long distance calls from the room, pay-per-view movies, etc., those charges are additional. 4) Upon my arrival at about 12:30AM Tuesday night, Wednesday morning, I was told I was being charged an additional "Service fee" and could not get my room without paying this fee. The exact charge appears to be $8.59, based upon reviewing my online statement. This was not for extra charges incurred, but again, just to get into the room for the night. I did not agree to this charge, ever, nor have I ever been held hostage like this in the past by any hotel upon check-in. 5) After arguing with Priceline.com personnel for well over an hour, apparently in the Philippines, they stated they might refund this fee. No matter, I felt I was held hostage, late in the night and had to pay, or I would not get the room I had already purchased, at the rate that I had already agreed upon (plus the additional taxes & Priceline.com fee). I checked into this room at about 1:45AM, over an hour later. I was tired and exhausted from arguing with all involved parties. I was charged the $8.59. This is deceptive to say the least. This was not agreed to, nor should I have been denied a room for the amount agreed, prior to me leaving my home. I do not know if Priceline.com is more responsible for this deception, or if this hotel is not acting within the scope of what is proper, but no matter, the hotel clerk, Michael Baid Assistant Manager, stated I was not the first customer to voice this complaint. This gives the appearance that I am not alone, and this fraud and deception must be investigated. As I said, I understand if I charged additional services or products, that would be additional for me to pay, but this was being charged just to get into the room for the night, over and above the agreed upon price. Being held hostage for a room that was already contractually agreed upon, total price and all, and paid, yet charged additional at the front desk is unacceptable and needs to cease for future patrons.

Unique Quality: None. Has breakfast buffet, but was so crowded, and because of my time schedule, could not wait to get my food. Manager Mike, refused to budge on the hidden fee, which apparently included internet access (which did not work) and something else. With Priceline, I set the price, it was agreed upon, and I should not have been held hostage for additional money at check-in. AVOID THIS HOTEL!!

Directions: AVOID THIS HOTEL