Galleria Palms Hotel Kissimmee

3000 Maingate Lane, (formerly the Meridian Palms Hotel), Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States

Galleria Palms Hotel
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Good price for quality accommodation

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights and our bill is only $180 (including tax).

Even if it's an inn, it looks like a hotel with its spacious rooms with microwave, refrigerator .

Unique Quality: Breakfast of muffins, cereals, fruits - you can even have it to go especially when you have to catch an early flight (that's added service for me)
    It even has a TV in the breakfast area so you can watch news while you eat. Check out the Disney channel so you would know what attractions in the 4 parks should you go to.
    Swimming pool
    Free shuttle to Disney

Most of all I got to earn points for my hiltonhonors

More about Galleria Palms Hotel Kissimmee

Excellent low cost hotel in Disney's backyard

by TripAdvisor Member edleo13

My wife & I stayed at the Hampton Inn Orlando-Disney Maingate West for a weekend trip to Disney on 2/25-2/27/2005. This Hampton is an older hotel that has been wonderfully maintained. The outdoor of the hotel looked like it had been recently repainted and the rooms (especially the bathroom) were obviously refreshed.

Our room was on the first floor with a view (not that it matters) of the parking lot. The amentities were basic - two double beds, nightstand, table with 2 chairs, plus a microwave and fridge (very useful if you visit the supermarket right down the street). Best part of the room was the bathroom. It had good light, was of generous size, and the towels were much thicker than at most Hampton hotels.

On both days, we enjoyed the hotel's free breakfast bar. It includes all of your basic breakfast items (fresh fruit, cereals, baked goods, and a few hot items). The hotel has a great family atmosphere and nowhere is this more evident than in the breakfast room.

My only real complaints about the hotel involved the age of the carpet (it needed a cleaning in room 113) and the volume of the air conditioner. Everytime the compressor kicked on, it sounded like a train was chugging down the tracks into our room! However, in spite of these minor issues, we really enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Maingate West and we'd recommend it highly to anyone who just needs a place to rest their head at night and grab a quick breakfast in the morning. This is not your hotel is your looking for a laundry list of amenities (i.e. pool with slide) or plush Four Seasons interior.

One tip if you are staying here, the hotel's sign on 192 is not lit. Follow the signs for IHOP and/or the Radisson as the hotel is next door to the Radisson and behind the IHOP.

Don't be afraid!!!

February 19 -25, 2005 Some of reviews of this motel were bad so I was a little concerned. Apparently these people were using a different standard than me....The motel was an excellent place to stay while taking in Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World. The rooms were spacious, clean, and well maintained. The complimentary breakfast was great. The free shuttle service was a lifesaver with the traffic being quite bad. All in all I would stay at this motel again without hesitation.

Perfect Hotel for an affordable price

I stayed in this hotel because of a great price I got for my stay ($18/night). Because of this, my expectations were lowered and I was willing to accept less than I usually do. Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted byt he staff, and to my delight, they did not treat me as a second class citizen because of the low rate I got. The room we got was a pretty good size, and was very neat and clean. I loved the waffles for breakfast, and found there to be enough to eat. The room is quite small, but they kept the tables cleaned off, so it didn't seem to hold people up too much. I thought this hotel was nice enough that I am going to return next month for another stay.

liked it

we got there too early, and they made every effort to take us in before check-in time,
the booking agency didn't request the no-smoking room so they went out of their way to get me one
rooms (no smoking ones) are clean, air is fresh in there and maids and other staff are excellent
it is quiet and near disney parks and prices are very acceptable

breakfast was avg

i would recommend this to any budget to average tourist or business traveller

Excellent accomodations practically on-site for Disney

by TripAdvisor Member csislander

My 12-year-old son and I spent 2 weeks, March 3-17, here and will certainly stay here next year if possible. We love Disney and spent most every day there. From this hotel, it's just a left out of the parking lot past some Disney offices, and you're on Sherbeth Road, which leads directly to all Disney locations--no need to ever go out on busy 192, a very real plus! Animal Kingdom in 3 min. and Downtown Disney in 10--can't beat that even at an onsite hotel. We found everyone extremely friendly and helpful--front desk, breakfast providers, housekeeping. High speed internet in every room. Breakfast was outstanding--something hot each day (usually eggs & sausage patties, sometimes french toast), plus yogurt, fruit salad, cereals, breads, biscuits, pastries, juices, millk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. And, on the nights we were in early enough, fresh just-out-of-the-oven fat cookies and milk in the spacious breakfast room. Room was just average size, but a small closet, ironing board and iron, small table, microwave and fridge provided everything we needed. Pool was unheated and therefore rather cool at this time of the year. As a woman travelling alone with my son, a sense of safety was important to me, and I certainly felt that here. I recommend this hotel highly, and even more highly if WDW is your destination. This is as close as, or may even be closer than Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Good hotel for the money

by TripAdvisor Member bigapple

We stayed here for one week over Easter which cost £23 per room per night including breakfast. I thought the hotel was fairly good for the money-the room we got included one double bed with microwave and fridge. Unfortunately as our room was at the end of the corridor on the ground floor, we were right next to an exit which people constantly used to access the car park which meant that we often heard the door slamming into the early hours of the morning. The shuttle service provided by the hotel was OK and picked us up on time in the morning but being picked up at night was a nightmare. Only the 5.45pm bus from Animal Kingdom was on time with subsequent pick ups being upto 40mins late. There was never an apology from the driver and as the shuttle dropped off between 6-7 hotels before the Sleep Inn it often took over an hour to get back. If you value your time I would recommend that you get a car if staying here. Also as the hotel is almost at the end of the highway there are very little shops/restaurants within walking distance so we ended up eating at the parks for the whole week. All in all this was a good value for money hotel but the shuttle bus company needs to improve their service.

Not horrible

by TripAdvisor Member VA_Girl

For the price we paid, I wasn't expecting too much. The staff was friendly and the room was pretty clean. We were given a handicapped room for some reason, which I wasn't overly excited about, but I guess it wasn't a huge inconvenience to us. The lighting in the room was very drab. The biggest complaint I have was that the walls seem to be very thin. Our last two nights (and early mornings) there were spent listening to children in the next room screaming. Other than that, the place wasn't too bad. However, we will probably not stay there again.

Good Value plus close to Disney

by TripAdvisor Member giggles48

Our room was clean and nice to stay when looking for a place to sleep and shower. Our room had no clock and our sink surface was cracked. Our coffee pot wasn't cleaned from the visitors before us. Breakfast was good and convenient with Belgium waffles, rolls, fruit, cereal, coffee and juices, however, the OJ was really orange drink. Really close to Disney. Pool looked nice. A lot of construction going on around the hotel, including a restaurant being built right in front. Will be nice to have when completed. Located at the edge of town, so you need to drive to where you want to eat etc. Having a refrigerator and decent size freezer was a plus. The microwave was nice too!
Would probably stay here again....if the price was right!

Don't miss the breakfast.

by TripAdvisor Member shreddedwheat

Going into this Disney trip we figured we wouldn't need an expensive room because we would only be sleeping in it, so this place was great. It is a little far down Hwy 192, but it seemed to be in a quiet place. The rooms had a very nice fridge/freezer, microwave, and coffee maker. Beware, the rooms only have a stand-up shower (bad for young children), and no alarm clocks (bad because after a few days of getting up early and staying out late, you can really use one)--- you can use the wake up call though. Sadly, we didn't use the pool, it was small but it really looked very refreshing. The staff was nice and the breakfast was yummy! We would come back, for the price and for the breakfast it was a great choice.

Comments