8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States

See Hotels with Lower Price

Tags

Family Travel Theme Park Trips Budget Travel
See Amenities

Please read before you Stay!

by written on June 27, 2012

I was stupid enough to fall for the sales pitch! I purchased a timeshare through this resort. I was promised my deed 90 days after the payoff date. The unit was paid off in September of 2008. I did not receive a deed. Feeling it was a scam and I had been taken I withheld paying maintenance fees and property taxes. There were several collection attempts, in which I refused to pay and complained about not receiving the deed. I was then told that I would not receive the deed until my bill came current. Still I refused to pay and continue to be scammed. In early 2010, I received the deed in the mail with a demand letter to it sign over giving it back to the resort and a lien had been placed on the unit by the HOA. I did not sign this letter. And I maintain ownership today, however, there are overdue maintenance fees and property taxes.

In March of 2012, I received a letter in the mail notifying me of a foreclosure hearing. As an out of state resident, my attorney and I attempted to postpone the hearing with no avail through the court system. We were advised to contact the lawyers representing the timeshare property. To stop the foreclosure taking place within days, I was forced to pay $980 for their attorney's fees, which I paid to salvage my credit and set up a payment agreement of $516 per month.

I never authorized Orange Lake Resort to make monthly withdrawals from my bank account which they did. Also, after reading my current billing statement I learned that I am being charged $72 per month in "finance charges" and "collection costs." This too is highly suspicious and seems a very unethical business practice. I also question the number of others who reserve ownership of the same unit and week as I. And if it's lawful for Orange Lake resort to rent the unit and week I own having never received compensation for it, yet I'm paying to keep this unit in tact.

My complaints are many during my experience with this company. Not to mention the lack of professionalism and resourcefulness of their phone representatives, who feel it is to their discretion to make decisions on behalf of the company, not transferring calls to a higher authority and acting as gate keepers.

This is corporate extortion of the worst kind. If you do not pay up, your credit will be ruined. Your chances of purchasing a home or refinancing are destroyed. There is virtually no way out of them and the list goes on.

Horrible experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 23, 2010

We traded in our points from RCA to get a week in this resort.

Picture if you can, a rural community of houses, no yards, just 900sq ft cottages stacked like cord wood. This is the place.

We checked in and were put in villa 4055. As we drove the mile or so from the check in to our villa we noticed our end of the resort was under repair. The villa was decent. Nothing to write home about. The sliding back door lead out to 10' of grass then forest filled swamp, every night we were fighting mosquitoes.
Several times a day the sprinkler system would come on and keep us, either in the villa or in the driveway, due to improper sprinkler head adjustments, they were spraying the walkway. I called EVERY day for them to shut them off, so we could either come or go. Their CS sucks.

We had tractor trailers driving up and down our street. The diesel smell was awesome.
We had an elder 65 and a 6 month old baby. The first night we put the A/C on and we had to rush the 6 month old to the hospital because the air conditioning was blowing our rancid air. She was having a difficult time breathing. We shut off the A/C and she was fine.(Maybe mold). It seemed like they had just revamped our villa.
The resorts amenities were a 20 minute walk from our villa. We were told to take the shuttle. The nearest shuttle stop was 1/4 of a mile from our villa.
My daughter used the villa's small tub jacuzzi and the jets sprayed rust out of them.

This place also will not except cash. They connect your CC to your room key.
For an 8 person villa, they give you 4 rolls of toilet paper. Any extra you have to pay for.

This is not a resort for children.
Unless you are a golfer, and want to pay $60.00 per round cart NOT included, don't waste your time with this crappy place.

If you do go, stay away from the 4000s.
During our stay, we were put a mile from the main building, while 1/3 of the closer villas remained empty the entire week.
I will never go back there.

We vacation 1-3 times a year for the last 10 years. This is the worst experience we have ever had.
Heed my warning. If you go, I warned you.

Unique Quality: There isn't one outstanding characteristic in this place.
It's below par on every level.

Directions: Kissimmee Fla.

Absolute Dump

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 27, 2007

This is NOT a Hotel. It is a timeshare resort with one wing immaculate and the rest not fit enough to board dogs.Just returned back on 7/27/07 and after one night we were horrified as this was the most disgusting,dated, accomodation if you could possibly call it that??? There is NO maid service, NO shampoo's etc... dirty sheets, unclean bathroom...its endless!!!!The photos what you see of this resort, NOT HOTEL , as described,are what only people paying $35,000 and yearly upkeep get. You the averege person like me get an absolute squaller of a room. The room desciptions are misleading too, as we were expecting a quad suite(4 rooms) only to find two rooms separated by a 8' corridor had 2 queen rooms in each, again mis represention.Had to check out after a day at the theme park at 11.00pm and did not find a hotel until 3.00 am with my young family and friends.
This property if you can call it that has ruined this years vacation, for me my family and friends through total mis representation and i have reccomended to Expedia to remove this property from its listings.

Nearby Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

• Orange Lake Kissimmee
  • Orange Lake Resort Country Club
  • Orange Lake Country Club
  • Orange Lake Resort Florida
  • Orange Lake West Village
  • Orange Lake Resort Orlando
  • Orange Lake Resort And Country Club

Address: 8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States

Amenities at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Kissimmee Travel Forum

Need advice about Kissimmee, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Kissimmee and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kissimmee hotel reviews

best buffet in town!
Gatorland Zoo
Red helicopters
Things to Do
Get the adrenaline pumping..
Buying Park Tickets
Warnings and Dangers
Good, honest valued food!
Awesome ribs and steak!
The Good Part!
My Buddies, Michael and Wayne
The fireworks ROCKED!
Favorites
And other parades as well!
There is a parade