Holiday Inn Main Gate East

5711 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, (formerly Travelodge), Kissimmee, Florida 34746, United States

Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
HolidayInn.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• STAY AWAY from this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO customer service at The Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel in Kissimmee and they know that they can do what ever and Holiday inn or i should say IHG does nothing about it!

They lied about the rooms, food and Yes shuttle service.

I called the Holiday inn to complain about the manger " OBADA YASSIN "
    I had to talked to the British Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) the told me they are going to call me back in 48Hr i called back 4 more times then the last phone call the guy told me they just send a request to hotel to call you back. Wow everything makes perfect sense.
    We got kicked out of the hotel at 1030pm, It was raining and the manger called the the police to kick us out. when the officer showed up and heard my story he shook his head and sad I'm sorry unfortunately they can ask you to leave for any reason.
    A short story.. I complained to the manager about the shuttle that did not show up. when i realize he did not have a management skills, i looked at his name tag and only his name was stated. So i questioned his position so i asked for his business card. as son as i asked, He told me you need to leave the property! i asked why? and his respond was you need to leave the property. I told him we have child in the room and it's raining are you kidding me? then he picked up the phone and called 911. I told him you are going to get fired for throwing people out for no reason. Now i know why he smiled when i told him that. Holiday inn will NOT do anything.
    Here it is! You'll be the judge! Copy Paste the URL

• doug48's Profile Photo

budget

the holiday inn main gate east is located on irlo bronson memorial hwy (US192) between disney world and kissimmee. the holiday inn has a good location for visitors to disney and the kissimmee tourist attractions. the holiday inn main gate east is one of the better hotels on US192.

Directions: just east of I-4 on US192 between disney and kissimmee.

• Dont stay here

I must firstly say I was rather dissapointed by this resort. It is not the same standard that you get at a british Travel Lodge.

The first night we arrived they could only give us a smoking room and seeing taht we booked 3 months in advance I thought this was pretty poor.

The rooms themselves are basic, which is ok, but they could do with being renovated. I think the majority have not been looked at since the place was first built.

The staff also do not have a lot of common sense. Seeming that you book this place for somewhere to sleep they were not very good at letting you have 40 winks. One night all the music was left on by the pool which they could not turn off, so it sounded like a party. And one morning they were drilling in the lift shaft from 8am onwards. This is not so earaly but when you have international visitors who are on holiday (Who might want to sleep) you would have thought that they could wait until a reasonable time of day.

One member of staff (Nadine - who shall be named and shamed) had an attitude problem. I have NEVER met an american in the service industry with such a foul manner. She did everything to be as surley and unhelpful as possible.

More about Holiday Inn Main Gate East

budget

by doug48 about Holiday Inn Maingate East

At the entrance of the attractions

by mafootje about Holiday Inn Main Gate West

This hotel was one of the cheapest we had in the Orlando area. But it was one of the cleanest hotels we had too.

The bed slept perfect, the interior of the room was great and had two double beds, refrigerators, coffeemaker and much more.

It just was very complete. It's located about 5 minutes from Disneys main gate and has a great pool.

Pictures taken Winter 1999

Good value for the price we paid

by TripAdvisor Member Zazit

We stayed in Holiday Inn Main Gate East for 5 nights, we booked it via booking.com and we got really good price - 45 bucks per night, they added something like room service to our bill, but the price was still very low (around 55 bucks with all taxes and additions per night).
For this price the deal was great, the hotel is situated just a few minutes from Disney entrance and also to other Orlando attractions as well as premium outlets.
The accommodation was fine, the rooms were clean, beds comfy, the only thing I didnt like was that the room we had was wet all the time, not only bathroom, but also the room, carpet was wet when you step on it, but you can open the windows, so when you give room an airing it is ok.
You can eat in the hotel (breakfest serving, Pizza Hut), but you have a lot of opportunitites close to the hotel (McDonals, Red Lobster, KFC and also some local restaurat - pls avoid the Sizlling gril - it is awful).

Good deal for the price

by TripAdvisor Member bearsmama99

We spent 5 days at this hotel for a recent trip to Disney World. It was a great deal; we paid $55 a night. It was a little hard to judge this hotel objectively because we had just left the 4 star Renaissance in Tampa which was amazing, and I found it difficult to not compare.

The Holiday Inn was adequate. The lobby and common areas are very nice. The staff was helpful. The rooms were pretty clean, although they never seemed to get vacuumed completely. The "kids eat free" buffet worked well for breakfast. All in all, if you are looking for a good value for your money this is a good option.

Thank You Trip Advisor!!

by TripAdvisor Member TommyTPA

I had researched this property through Trip Advisor when planning a trip to Disney with my daughter's family. We booked two rooms at $69 a night for 4 nights. They were unable to assign adjoining rooms for us so upgraded my daughter to a kids suite, (bunk beds, separate tv, wall separating the areas, and a refrigerator) and put me right across the hall on the 6th flr. I had a great Balcony, and pool view.
The rooms were spotless, and had been redone. The furniture was new, the beds super comfy w/new linens, double sheeted. There was a menu choice of 4 different pillows. I read that some people were not happy with the size of the bathrooms...ok they were small, but the tub had a curved shower curtain, and a good shower head....plenty of hot water in the a.m., and p.m. . The sink and granite vanity was outside the bath room.
The restaurant was ok, but we didn't have breakfast there. The pool, kids' pool, and Jacuzzi were heated, and clean. There was only one evening that the pool towels were out and we had to use room towels. Nice amenities in the room. The only minus was the maid service on the 3rd day....must have been a sub, because I received no bath mat, nor did she restock the coffee supplies. Yes there's a resort fee, like just about every other hotel in the area, but I still feel you get your money's worth.
The free hi-speed internet worked fine.
This was a great value, and a great hotel in a great location.

Definitly not a Disney Experience

by TripAdvisor Member cheermom15

I was one of the members of the cheerleading group mentioned in the earlier review. Believe me we didn't want to be there, anymore then you wanted us. We were booked for the UCA Cheerleading Competiton. We reserved and paid for a Disney resort. We got STUCK at the Holiday Inn, with about 300 other cheerleaders and their families.
We tried to make the best of it, however we were not pleased when my daughter and her friend's room had to be evacuated, because they had fleas or some other type of small black jumping bug in their beds. We called the front desk, spoke to the manager. At 1:00 in the morning, they still had not addressed the problem. We stripped the beds ourselves and threw every piece of linen into the hall way. The maids came up at about 1:30 and put clean linens on the bed. The carpet was filthy, and I had bites all over my arms from stripping the beds. The manager didn't have any other rooms available. They next day, they promised to spray the room while we were out. I have no way of checking if they actually did. Not only did the girls have a problem, but myself and two other moms I roomed with had a bad experience. We had a door that would not unlock with the room key. After several attempts, the door would not lock at all. We waited several hours for this to be rectified. We were locked out, sat in the hallway and ate our dinner on the floor. We didn''t want to leave the room unattended. After several personal trips to the front desk, the manager on duty finally came up and seemed quite put out. He never apologized. We also didn't have batterys in our remote control, which is usually not a big deal, but our patience ran out. The comforters had some "strange" stains on them, we just threw those on the floor each night. Also, the air conditioner in the "bug room" was literally falling apart. The only positive thing, is it is close to shopping, the parks and the dining area was really good. The restaurant staff was very friendly, and they prepared everything fresh. The dining prices were very reasonable too, and it was clean.

A fantastic hotel for the price!

by TripAdvisor Member Sterling123

I booked this hotel blind on priceline for $65 and was very impressed! Everything looks new and nicely appointed. There's a pizza hut at the mini food court. A nice outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Everything was clean and the staff was very nice.

It's near Disney, so it's a great alternative to Disney hotels, and it's surrounded by endless restaurants and stores.

We had bunk beds in our room in addition to our regular bed! For this price we could've had two kids with us. You may be able to request the bunk beds after you book on priceline if you do it early enough. Such a great opportunity, I'd look into it.

Now, about the cheerleaders! Busloads of cheerleaders invade Disney and surrounding hotels the week before, and the week of, Valentine's Day. They were all over our Disney resort 2 years ago, and they really didn't bother us. They seemed like really nice kids and moms. This trip, they seemed much more of a problem. At Main Gate Kissimmee, they seemed to just completely take over-- NOT giving you any space in the corridors. Often the moms weren't much better. There was enough arrogant attitude from the cheerleaders that many people do complain. Even Disney employees would concur that they cause problems for other guests.

An ok hotel, easy access to Disney,a few suggestions to future travelers.

by TripAdvisor Member marla55

My family just returned from a five night stay at this hotel near Old Town on Route 192. It appears to have been recently rennovated and the rooms were clean and appealing. We selected a kids suite which is a queen bed and a set of bunk beds so our child could have space. The beds were comfortable. Our room was suppose to have a microwave in addition to the fridge and second TV but none was available. I would recommend asking for a room overlooking the pool area and avoid overlooking Route 192. We were on the eighth floor, the top one for the South Tower and could hear loud motorcycles and cars day and night. Parking was ample and our family easily walked to an Italian restaurant, a breakfast restaurant and fast food restaurant for a few meals outside Disney. The hotel has a breakfast buffet, sit down breakfast and room service breakfast. We selected the breakfast buffet and the selection and amount of food was good. Our family of three could eat breakfast for under $20.00 at the buffet. Fresh fruit, juices,cereals, toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage,and beverages were available cafeteria style. Be wary of the french toast and pancakes under heat lamps. If you dig thru the top layer moister selections were available. During the day and early evening you can select Pizza Hut pizza or A and W restaurant selections. The pool and hot tub area were enjoyable and clean. The staff were friendly. So if you don't want to pay Disney prices for accomadations this hotel is a good alternative. We were in all Disney parks parking lots in under 15 minutes and Disney parking lot trams easily transported the crowds to each of the parks entrances. If you need a rental car consider renting outside the hotel's rental car desk. We saved $150.00 on our rental outside of the hotel's car rental affiliation.

Noisy with a Poor Attitude

by TripAdvisor Member tomp465

Let me preface this review that I have to stay in Holiday Inn properties for more than 100 nights per year. I have many experiences to compare this property to. Overall, it was a very poor experience. The attitude of the staff was nothing to be proud of. They are barely doing their 'job', and could not care for you as a guest. I asked for a king room, and was booked into a double. Those doubles are pretty small, as my wife and I both had neck and back aches in the mornings. But just after I was booked into the room, a walk-in customer inquired about a room and was given a king! Each of our encounters with the front desk was a battle. I aksed my wife to go to the concierge desk one morning and get a map. After a few minutes she returned nearly in tears, as the gal at the desk berated her and refused to give her a map unless she listened to her sales pitch. What a piece of work!!

Yes, the property was recently renovated. It used to be the Travelodge, and still is at that level of quality for hotel properties. The bathroom was so small that you had to squeeze your feet between the toilet and the tub in order to close the bathroom door, which barely closed. Previous guests toothpaste (?) stains on the vanity.

I would say that this is a good value if you can get it for $43-55 per night, just strip back the bedding and check the corners of the mattress. If it feels sticky, or if there are small black specks - don't unpack, just leave. Bedbugs are very invasive and will get into your bags and invade your home. Don't think of this as a full service Holiday Inn, as it is nothing of the sort. Think of a constant traffic roar, noisy drunk party at the pool through the night, stiff and small bed with poor pillows and a fresh coat of paint property (I didn't want to disparage any other hotels name here). We were happy to check out and be on our way.

Comments