HomeSuiteHome Nikki Bird Main Gate Kissimmee

AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 29% less but rated 19% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

More about HomeSuiteHome Nikki Bird Main Gate Kissimmee

Great Place - Great Time!!!

My family and I recently had a great stay at the Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Resort. As far as the location goes, you can't beat it. You are within 5 minutes of every Disney park and Disney area you want to visit. The hotel itself was excellent. I was a little worried after I read some of the reviews on here before we went but was I surprised. The room was very clean and the beds were very very comfortable. The restaurant on premises Angel's had great food and was very reasonably priced and my kids absolutely loved the breakfast buffet. (The best breakfast buffet I have ever been to!!). It didn't hurt that my kids got to eat free every time we ate there. The pools at Nikki Bird were very well maintained and fun and relaxing to be by. The hot tub was soothing to go in after a day at the parks and the people who me met at the resort were very friendly and nice to talk to. The hotel staff at Nikki Bird were also very courteous and friendly and were eager to assist you in any way they could. I am so happy that we decided to stay at the Nikki Bird resort and I would and definately will stay there again.

Fantastic

After reading reviews on here for our original hotel (no names mentioned) we got onto our travel company and asked to change. We were given the Nikki Bird and were just relieved that we were going to what seemed to be a better Hotel. We could not have asked for more. We had a fantastic stay here in January 2004 and we will definately be coming back to the Nikki Bird. It was handy for WDW (5 mins) and even for Universal/Sea World a little further out. The rooms were fine - fridge, microwave, safe all included and were cleaned every day (i think - they may have had one day off bit we did not notice). The Pool and hot tub were the best. After a long day at the parks, there was nothing better than swimming under the stars. The Pool was like being in a big bath, it was lovely and warm even at 11:00pm!!!! For me and my fiance this was really romantic!! Any queries, please feel free to email me.

Liked it alot

I got the Nikki Bird via Priceline for a low rate, but was really worried because of some of the bad reviews on here. But our 3 day stay at the beginning of April turned out great! Our room looked fresh and new, and most importantly was very clean. Could have been recently renovated from the looks of it. The decor was bright and cheerful (matching the hotel staff) and the grounds were nicely landscaped. The exterior is a bit dated looking, but I didn't think it was terrible. Our kids loved the pools, and meeting other kids there. I hid the presence of the game room, or they would have loved that, too! Very convenient getting to WDW, and lots of restaurants on 192 to choose from. The microwave and frig really came in handy, also. Thought it was a great value!

My daughter loved the pools

by TripAdvisor Member ECILOPS

We stayed here from 02/23/04 for 14 nights. When we arrived at the Hotel we were given a room about 10 minutes away from reception on the second floor. After discussing the problem with the receptionist we were then allocated another room which was much better. Facilites were good, pools great, staff friendly, food ok but the transport system let the hotel down.One night after watching the fireworks at Epcot there was a mix up with the buses and chaos reigned. Eventually we were allocated a bus which was overcrowded and dangerous, about 30plus people standing, we were relived to get off! I would not recommend the transport service for safety reasons and have since reported this to the hotel.

Great Vacation

My husband and I took our 2 children (ages 3 and 13) to Florida April 2004. We had a great time. We didn't have to wait to check in and we were helped right away. The rooms were clean and we had maid service every day. We all enjoyed the pools. They were kept clean. The hotel isn't far from the Disney parks. We were there in a hop, skip and a jump. We also liked that it had a restaurent on the premises. The food was good. The hotel is located right on U.S. 192 - no side streets to follow. We enjoyed shopping in the gift shops located on 192. In our opinion, we would stay there again the next time we go to Florida.

nice for the money

nice for the money, we just got back 06/04 the motel staff was very friendly and our room was adequate for our needs (a place to sleep and regroup for the next park) the bed was confortable and my daughter really enjoyed the kid suite (the kid suite beds are not designed for a child over 4ft 6in) our room was cleaned every day without fail. we did not eat at the dinner buffet (27.00 + drinks) we did do the bfast buffet it was good and worth the money if you are a big eater. the location couldn't be nearer to disney (less than five minutes away. the three pools were nice and clean and plenty of towels. check-in and check-out were very efficiently done both taking less than five minutes. there's a stop light to enter the property which adds to the convenience. I will probably stay here again due to the location and cleanliness of the property and it's pretty cheap for a tourist town like Orlando.

family hotel

We have stayed here five times and have enjoyed all of them. A graet location friendly staff, the only problem being that english is not always the first language of some staff, so there may be communication difficulties. W EHAVE always found the rooms clean and comfortable and always feel safe around the hotel.

Bright and bold

Just came back from a 2 week break, staying at the Nikki B, and found this site. Glad I had not read the negative reviews first.

Found it ideally located for WDW parks but not so great for Universal.

Nikki itself was bright and clean, well maintained and the staff were always pleasant and cheerfull.

Agree with the comment that the front desk could have been better serviced, but then we only needed to get change ( for the washers ) and instructions for the safe, and 5 mins was the longest we waited.

Kids loved the pools but there location could be better marked, and there is no lifegaurd provided. Watch out for the length of the beds in the family room, they were a bit short! for our 11 yr old.

Overall a pleasant enough experiance, and we are considering staying there again.

Excellent hotel

Stayed here 6/11-6/20/04
Excellent hotel for the money. Nervous at first because i looked at this site after i booked my vacation through hotwire..pleasantly surprised... rooms were cleaned everyday, rest of hotel and grounds nicely kept. If you like brand new, this is not the hotel for you, older look, but rooms in great shape, very spacious with refrigerator and microwave. Very insulated, did not hear neighbors at all....
Great staff, great pools, 5min drive to Disneyworld and short drive to Seaworld. On site restuarant good priced, as well as good food. would stay here again.

loved the hotel

Hotel was clean free from damp,staff very helpful in lots of ways rooms fresh and cleaned daily, would recommened and would certanly go back

Comments