Lakeside Kissimmee

7769 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (formerly La Quinta Inn), Kissimmee, Florida 34747, United States

Maingate Lakeside Resort
Maingate Lakeside Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Best Western Lakeside

This motel which was formerly the La Quinta Lakeside is now a Best Western. It is a huge place (15 two story buildings with rooms opening to the outside but no elevators), and it has plenty of parking.

When we found out that the Super 8 Maingate charged 55 cents for a local call, I called the AAA (on my cell phone) and made a reservation here for the following night. We did a little sightseeing and then headed for the hotel after the 3 pm check-in time. As we were driving down the road the brakes on the car became spongy and soft. We managed to get to the motel and checked in. As it was Saturday, we had to stay over until we could get the brakes fixed on Monday.

We liked this place MUCH better than the Super 8 although it was a little more expensive. The Super 8 was $40.22/night (including taxes), and this was $52.09/night (including taxes) for the two of us.

Unique Quality: The room had a safe and a table with four chairs in front of the window. The TV had a small dorm size refrigerator in the cabinet under it, and there was a mirror on the wall (not centered) and a dresser. There were two double beds with a night stand in between them with a phone and lamp. There is a coffee maker but no microwave. Laundry facilities are available. I took some pictures in the room while I was there to see if the camera worked, and they are not really good, but I include them anyway

Local calls were free. Although the La Quinta had a free breakfast, now that it is a Best Western, the breakfast has been discontinued. There are several heated pools, baby pools, jungle gym play area, and an exercise room. The grounds are nicely landscaped. There is a small deli, a restaurant for breakfast and lunch, and a bar and grill for dinner with a limited menu. There is also a Pizza Hut Express and ice cream is available. You can easily walk to the Wendys, Burger King and a Steak and Seafood restaurant that is associated with a minature golf course. There is a Red Lobster and a Sizzler across the street.

They also have a shuttle to DisneyWorld.

• mafootje's Profile Photo

Nice setting

Our stay in this hotel was good, the only thing which was a little less where the beds. We both didn't like them that much, but the rest was ok.

The hotel is now the La Quinta Lakeside. Sheraton sold the hotel just a few months after we where here.

Unique Quality: Located at the entrance of Splendid china, but that doesn't have to be a plus, it looked very desolate that winter.

It is also very close to the Disney maingate, less then 2 miles. The landscape around the hotel is very nice with fountains and their own mini golf course.

All the rooms have a refrigerator and in room safe.

Pictures taken Winter 2002

Directions: I-75 to Florida Turnpike South - Exit 289/Route 27 South - Exit US 192 East, approximately 5 miles on left.

More about Best Western Lakeside Kissimmee

Quirky model train in the middle of the restaurant

by tracey.brownsword about Magic Mining Co

This restaurant was really close to our hotel - Best Western Lakeside. It had a really quirky model train that travelled around the restaurant - the kids loved it. it also has a small games room which took care of the kis even further!
The food was really tasty (not the cheapest) but the staff were really attentive and we dined there on a number of occasions. The corn bread is delicious.

Loved La Quinta - Read this.....

We have stayed in La Quinta Inn Lakeside TWICE now! The staff are friendly and it is a fantastic place to stay. ONLY 5 minutes from Walt Disney World, and you have PLENTY of restaurants around you to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. La Quinta Inn lakeside also has its own pizza hut inside, making it EVEN easier if you have had a long day at the theme parks and can't be bothered to go anywhere else. They even deliver it to your room. The breakfast here, in the greenhouse restaurant is fantastic. Lots to chose from, and eat as much as you like. Even the kids eat free for every paying adult. They have several pools, and at one stage the pool was our own !!!! nice and warm too.
Thank you La Quinta Lakeside. Had a fabulous time, and will definately stay again !!!!!!

"Fantastic, we loved it"

We just returned from La Quinta Inn Lakeside, we stayed March 22 - 29th. We had a fantastic time, it was much more than we expected, especially for the money we paid. After reading some of the other reviews on this web site I was apprehensive, but was pleasantly surprised, the room was clean, the grounds were immaculate, the restaurants and service were excellent. We didn't rent a car, we relied on the shuttle service which was very good. One particular driver "Giovanni" really made our week, we looked forward to having him, he even added an additional trip on Friday night, he picked up a group of us at 10 p.m. at Magic Kingdom after we seen the fireworks, he was the best! I would return in a minute, and recommend the hotel to my friends and family.

Great hotel for the price

Just stayed 3 nights at the hotel. Clean rooms and the staff is very quick in fulfilling our needs. 2 large pools and one small pool all heated. Swam when it was in the 60's. Work out room is nice. Food at hotel not the greatest but you can't beat the price for the rooms and the amenities. Pictures on the website of the pool was just how it was, nice palm trees and view of a small lake. Would go back and stay.

more positives than negatives

by TripAdvisor Member sunloving

The four of us are just back. Feb 16-23. Got a terrific deal out of Ottawa for 299 t tax included air and room. The rooms go for 40-50 us for walkins. Yes the rooms are older, and used but everything worked well, had no problems. Only thing is a musty or moldy smell in rooms. Not sure, but nobody got sick. The best part is its laid out more like a big resort. The pools were warm enough to swim even on cool days. The poolside bar was great as you could order pizza or snacks and eat them around the pool. The store inside was great for snacks,pop,beer etc. Outside was a small mini golf course which we played several times. Also they had a large games room.

The location is perfect. Close to restaurants, a Walgreens and a large mini golf course built in the shape of a big mountain with water coming down the front of it. Early bird coupons are found in lobby.

The only problem we had was with check in. Our room was not ready till 5:30 pm. We arrived at 1 pm. Talked to manager and he gave us late check out to 4 pm.

Ride to Disney is about 10 minutes. Not too long after a day at the parks.

If its offered again on such a good deal, i would return.

Null reception

The hotel seems more like a two-star than three-star hotel. It's not extremely clean, but not bad. However, there was a very difficult situation for us, and the hotel refused to help. I was at the airport and my wife could not find me. We did not bring our cell phones, so she called the hotel from time to time to check if I had left any messages. At the same time, I was trying to convince someone to leave a message with the reception desk, but the "policy" of the hotel was "voice-mail only". Because of that, my wife never received my messages and I spent ALMOST 4 HOURS at the airport. Thank you, La Quinta Inn.

OK Hotel for the price

We stayed overnight at this hotel on Jan 31, 2004 on the way to the Keys. I am glad I didn't read some of these reviews before booking this place. We needed a place that would take a small dog and most LaQuintas will allow small pets. The room we had was clean. We didn't need any of the amenities but the pool area looked OK but at 35 degrees we were not about to try it. From the sound of the other reviews there is a wide disperity in upkeep amoungst the rooms. Our room was fine. we ordered food from the Pizza Hut and it was delivered in a timely manner.
Gratuity was included in the price so that worked out well. We felt that we received a good value for the price.

Kissimmee Brake Trouble

by grandmaR

"January 21, 2006 - part 3"

On the way to the hotel, we tried to find the Warbird Museum down by the airport, but it seems to be mostly taking people up for rides rather than a restoration facility. But we did see an S2 there and I took a picture through the fence..

As we were going to the new hotel at about 3:00, Bob suddenly said his brakes were failing, so he drove cautiously. This is the Best Western Lakeside, and is a huge place. We checked in and asked for an additional day to get the car fixed and they said no problem. I called to cancel the Super 8 in Lake Wales and the Super 8 people said I'd have to do it with the motel myself because they were prohibited from canceling less than 48 hours in advance. When I called the Lake Wales Super 8 they said that there might be a charge by the travel agency that made the reservation (namely AFV).

We took the stuff out of the car. Bob said he had no more brake fluid and suspected (which he has now confirmed) that there is a pinhole in the brake line to the rear breaks. I called AAA, and they wanted to know where we wanted the car towed to, but we didn't know of course. Eventually, Bob talked to the Midas place just down the road, so we are going to have it towed there tomorrow (Monday) - they aren't working on Sunday.

The motel has a deli and a couple of places to eat - there is a Pizza Hut Express, and a morning breakfast place and a kind of bar/grille place. We went there for dinner and I had a steak and onion rings and cole slaw for $12.95 and Bob had spaghetti and meatballs for $5.95 and then I had an ice cream cone for $1.75. We spent the evening watching "Keeping Up Appearances"

"Sunday, January 22, 2006"

Today (Sunday 1-22-06) we've just been hanging around the hotel. I edited the pictures we took yesterday.

On the 22nd, I went for a swim in the pool nearest our room - it is a heated pool and was very nice except for some adolescent children who kept hanging on the line that divided the deep end from the shallow end.

We walked to Wendy's for lunch. I tried to get a taco salad and they forgot the chili, and Bobgot two junior hamburgers. I had the frosty with M&M bits in it, and Bob wanted to know if the candy bits were someone's broken stuff, so we started looking at all the packages - they were all marked with something like "Manufacturer number 2045".

After the Pittsburgh Denver game we walked over to the big miniature golf place next door - the restaurant is called the Magic Mining Co. I had a bbq chicken which came with a salad, rice, vegetables and a piece of cornbread, and Bob had clam chowder and a steamed shrimp appetizer for a total before tip of $24.50.

"Monday, January 23, 2006"

Since AAA wouldn't take the advance calls for towing on Sat., I called them Monday morning about 8:30 and told them that Bob would wait at the entrance to the hotel. They gave me the usual spiel - that the driver would be there within an hour. Bob walked over to the hotel entrance, and I waited in the room. I had intended to give him the cell phone to take with him, but it was charging, and he walked off without it. In about 15 minutes, the towing company called me back and said that it might be more than an hour before they got to us, and that they would call me back.

They hadn't called by 9:30, so I went out to look for Bob. I didn't think to look and see if the car was there first. Bob was nowhere to be found, but I mailed the complaint card for the Super 8 that I had made out. Then, I called AAA and they said that Bob had already reached the Midas shop. They hadn't called me back - they had just picked the car up. After they repaired the brake line, Bob came back to the hotel and was ready to go to lunch.

I had brought my taco salad from Wendy's (and the cole slaw from the night before) back to the room and put them in the refrigerator. But Bob turned the refrigerator to full cold to refreeze the bottles of ice we have in the cooler, and both salads were frozen solid. I had eaten the taco salad anyway. Bob went to Burger King and brought food back - I asked him for a bacon cheeseburger.

That evening, able to drive for the first time, we went across the street to the Sizzler American Grill that was in the Westgate Towers. This was one of those all-you-can-eat salad and food bar + entree places. We both got a half slab of St. Louis bbq ribs for $13.99. In reality, we could have just gotten the food bar without the ribs - in addition to the salad bar, which also had fruit on it, there were vegetables (corn, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli, and rice), soups and various entrees such as curried chicken, sausage and peppers, rigatoni, beef stroganoff. Bob got some more chicken noodle soup. The BBQ ribs came with a large baked potato, and a small pot of baked beans topped with grated cheese. The dessert bar was a little anemic - it just had soft ice cream and cones, and pound cake with chocolate and caramel sauces.

"Leaving, Tuesday, January 24, 2006"

We loaded the car back up, and checked out of the motel on Tuesday. The bill totaled $52.09/night. We drove west on US 192 and then went north on US 27 toward I-75.

After we got out of the congestion around Kissimmee, we passed orange groves including some that were just narrow strips (3 or 4 trees wide) between the highway and housing developments

Next: Eglin AFB Inns

Ramada Hotel Kissimmee Gateway

by crazyfordisney

I already posted a question concerning Thriftlodge but I want some information about the Ramada Gateway and Ramada Eastgate. Their websites look good but I heard that they're not really that great and that the hotels themselves are very old.

I know that the Ramada East Gate has free shuttles to all the theme parks, including Disney, Sea World, etc. but the Ramada Gateway only has Disney. Does that mean that the Ramada Gateway could be closer to Disney or is it that they don't want to pay for anything other than to Disney.

RE: Ramada Hotel Kissimmee Gateway

by tracys2cents

Call 800 255 5786 and ask them to send you the free Orlando MagicCard. When you call the hotels, ask for the Magicard rate, it may be lower than the rate on the internet. Also ask them to send you an accomodations guide.

Some of the hotels that I've heard recommended that are nearby and have convenient shuttles (but always check when you call them to make sure their shuttles are still free. In fact, you're booking early, so call back in June in case things have changed):

Howard Johnson Enchantedland
Best Western Lakeside
Comfort Inn on Palm Parkway

RE: Ramada Hotel Kissimmee Gateway

by joesorce

Ramada Gateway is fine. People get $49 hotel rooms and expect the Ritz, then they write a bad review...big deal. Also, people tend to not even remember WHICH Ramada they stayed at and they write a review for the wrong one so, good or bad you can't tell until you stay there. But yes, always check again to be sure the shuttle is still running and still free.

Just because a hotel is in Kissimmee does not mean it's close, so you are smart to check. And just because it's Intl Drive does not mean it's far...that is a big highway and if the hotel is in Lake Buena Vista it is probably close to the park. If you find one near the International Disney Marketplace then you also have the advantage of taking the free Disney shuttle from the Marketplace. Or you can always drive from your hotel to the Marketplace and park there for free.

If you find a Best Western that has a free shuttle and a good price, we have found that they have good cleanliness standards. Not always the newest places with the best pools etc etc, but almost always clean.

Comments