Legacy Grand Hotel And Suites

5245 West Irlo Bronson Highway, W 192 & Poinciana Blvd, Kissimmee, Florida, 34746, United States
AMOMA.com Despegar.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 32% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

More about Legacy Grand Hotel And Suites

we needed some Help, But got much more

by TripAdvisor Member ntuttle174

My daughter was in a cheerleading championship at Disneys Wide World Of Sports just up the road from the Legacy Grand Hotel and Suites at 5245 W. Hwy. 192, Kissimmee, Florida 34746. We booked 2 rooms for our stay online thru Expedia. March 8 - 13. After starting to unpack we started to notice many things wrong with the rooms we were given. We were 3 adults and 4 children ages 3,4,11,and 17. One of the 2 bathrooms door could not close without putting all your body weight against it, (not possible for children), and the latch was in backwards so you couldn't lock the door. The other bathroom toilet could not hold enough water in the tank to flush because of a broken vent pipe in the tank. The curtains in one room had what looked like vomit on it. The room had a moldy smell and the airconditioner had a nasty growth in the vents. Outlets did not work and wires were pulled out of the walls. One head board was falling off the wall. There was a large rip in the carpet.After sleeping in the room we awoke to blood on the sheets.(not our blood) At this point we had seen enough and went to the checki n desk to complain. The girl working said that the manager was indesposed and could not be reached. He was in a meeting. She agreed to switch our rooms that day. We agreed and went to the Disney wide world of sports, after the full day out we returned to get our new rooms . But again the manager was in a meeting. I asked for sheets and went to put them on myself. they said they had no more rooms they were full, and that they couldn't change the rooms. We were welcome to check out. Still with no way to talk to a manager and very limited availability of rooms in town because of the NASCC Championships and bike week it sent us back to the rooms anyway. upon trying to change the sheets with the blood on them ourselves we found the bed infested with bugs. We checked the other 3 beds and found bugs on the other bed in the same room as the first. This was by far the worst conditions I have ever seen in my life and was absolutely unexceptable. Went back down to checkin desk and had to wait in line to complain because of 4 other people with complaints about there rooms. No linens in rooms, TV's not working, no pillows, unhealthy conditions like our rooms. Now there were 2 women at the counter but no manager. When we demanded some recourse to these complaints we were told the only thing we could do was leave. We called expedia from the counter and had them looking for other rooms for us. While explaining the situation to expedia we were overheard by a man checking in who said he had heard enough and left to find rooms else where. At this point the woman behind the counter hung the phone up on expedia and said to the man leaving that she saw us digging bugs out of the bushes and that we were being evicted. After much verbal sparring she theatened to call the police and we said that sounded like a good idea cause we would not stay in those rooms. She wanted us to stop complaining in front of the others in the room and wait for the cops outside. We threatened to go door to door and tell people to look for bugs in there beds too. Police showed up and told us we had to leave, that they could not do anything about the condition of the rooms. so we found ourselves on the streets of kissimme at midnight on a friday trying to find a set of rooms when most were full of cheerleaders families. Expedia could find nothing so we went driving around checking for availability. Finally found a suite down the street at a Quality Inn. Now some of the other people complaining at the same time as us were also in the cheerleading championships and we ran into them again at the contest. They said after we left they went back and checked there beds and also had bugs. They said they went back and complained and demanded new rooms and were told to leave
leave also. They called Hotel.com who booked they're rooms and asked for help. Hotels.com threatened to make a complaint with Legacy's corporate office because they expect better treatment of there customers. At his threat these other people were given new rooms immediately and these rooms were like new, Marble counter tops, new matresses (no bugs), remodeled rooms much nicer that the ones we were given that apparently had not been redone yet. They said while they were in the lobby they over heard a woman complaining about the same rooms we had left the night before, with the same complaints and the same results. She was told to leave by the police after a call from the desk. She was also an Expedia customer and was not taken care of by expedia any better than we were. It seems Hotels.com knew how to handle the situation better. Now I don't know if anything will come of this letter but had to say something as this was the worst experience we have ever had at any hotel. I have pictures. Expedia has refunded most of my money but I was still charged for the first night. I am going to talk to Visa about that. Someone should be ashamed of this. Very Needless to say we will never stay with you again and are telling everyone we know about it. You really let us down.

Will there again. : )

by TripAdvisor Member Fam5vacation

I don't know what the others are so mad about. I stayed there with my family of 4 back in April 2006 and almost didn't because of the reviews. Ive stayed at some big name places around the parks and was let down by the accomidations over the years so I figured we'll have to chance it. How bad could it be. I expected a run down motel that was moldy and dirty. At least as uncomfortable as a Motel 6 (sorry Motel 6) from the reviews.
I'm glad we DIDN'T listen and kept the reservations. The place was great.
We just got back from staying there AGAIN this Jan 2007 and the place was even better. I don't get it. The place is really really nice, The accomodations, super location, mixed with a can't beat price. It's quiet. Staff was fine. Place was clean, some rooms have mini fridges and microwaves. Pool was not dirty or anything, and the whole atmosphere of the place was super. The courtyard area was landscaped really well too.

I WILL stay there again. with my family next time we are in town.

P.S.
I grew up staying with my family at the WDW theme park resorts, the rooms ect at the Legacy Grand are way nicer, and at a way better price.

Dirty Underwear; poor management.

The day we checked in, there was a dirty thong left on our dresser. I notified management immediately and they said it would be taken care of. The next day we returned from Disney and it was still there. I once again called, and personally went to the front desk to complain. The thong was still there when it was time for us to check out (even after the maids came in to clean our room) and I had to once again make a complaint. I was told to contact the manager, but I did not receive any contact information for him except his name, and to this day (two weeks later) I have still been unable to contact him.

Our TV and air also did not work, and we put those complaints in at the same time with the dirty thong complaint, yet our TV and air were fixed immediately.

Terrible management, dirty rooms, not even worth a dollar to stay there.

not what i expected

we arrived at this hotel on jul 9. we booked a room thru travelocity. at first they couldnt find our room but then that worked out. when we got to our room it had a very musky odor. we called back and told them we wanted a king size bed only. they said travelocity made a mistake. they only offer double beds. ok that was ok. then the air cond did not work properly at all. we were only in that room for an hour or so before we had to be moved. we very long story short, this room also smelled very very bad. the bathroom had an awful odor that never went away. the air never did work correctly in this room either but we figured since we werent there all day we would just bare it. the breakfast was horrible. we have stayed at other hotels with continental breakfast and they were really good. we just was trying a different hotel. the front desk workers on sundaynight i have to say were very very helpful and very nice. also the plumbing needs to be checked in this building. you would have to flush the toilet several times before it worked right. this was our vacation togther and we were not impressed at all by this hotel.

Roach Motel would have been a better value

by TripAdvisor Member Traveler327

Ok, so how many times have we heard the expression "that place was a real roach motel? The queen roach at the front desk in my opinion had a few too many shots of Raid. Wow! what a dive. My wife and I checked into what we thought would be a nice little weekend getaway, but we walked into something that they won't even show on the Twilight Zone. I seem to have lost my wife when she went into the bathroom. I heard her voice but no physical body. She had later surfaced again to tell me about the journey to the otherside of the broken tile and loose grout and just plain filth in there. I was totally relieved to have her back but the smell of the room was about to render me unconcious. We gathered our belongings and went to the front desk to kindly request another room. The F/D manager was very pleasant and understanding with our request. So it's off to the second room. I was also thinking that we were supposed to have a fridge and microwave in the rooms. well this one indeed had a fridge completely infested with roaches, and a bed that looked like a canoe. All we needed to do was let the sink continue to leak and after about an hour all we would have needed were paddles for the bed and we would have been at our own little water park. We packed up again this time to cancel our reservations and find other means of lodging at a nearby facility. Seriously folks, it looks all great and fancy on the internet, but don't even waste your time and money on this establishment. Very disapointed.

Not that bad!

by TripAdvisor Member LH80

Didn't read the reviews of this place til I got back, buit it was like reading about a different place altogether. My boyfriend and I just turned up when we cam back from Miami looking for a cheap place to stay for a couple of nights before our flight back to the UK. This was cheap, and was just fine.

The bed did not sink in the middle, and we had good nights sleep. Was ahndy to have a fridge and microwave, and the bathroom was clean. The maid service was pretty poor, diddle no more than change the towels and make the bed, no rubbish was removed. But for a budget place I didn't expect much else. We didn't take the breakfast, or use the pool, but the pool area looked pretty nice.

Phone in our room didn't work, but I was able to use the one at the front desk free of charge (a local cell phoe call).

Worst room I have ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member h82wait

We just needed a place to stay for one night, so I decided to look for the most affordable room.

This hotel was a complete dump. "You get what you pay for" takes new meaning after stay here. At $49 I did not expect mints on the pillows, but I did expect to be able to sit on a chair that did not have disgusting stains, shower in a shower where the water actually hits the top of your head instead of your waist, a toilet that eventually stops running and a TV that works. I am not even positive that the sheets we slept on had been washed between guests. We did not use/see the pool so I am not sure what that was like but if the rooms are any indication of how the property is cared for I doubt that we would have used it.

They did come immediately and replaced the TV.

It looks nice from the outside and I understand that they are renovating all of the rooms so maybe in a year or three it will be an acceptable place to stay.

It was the worst place I have ever stayed.

Enjoyed the Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Oldemma

This is not a resort hotel, but a very good place to stay if you want to be close to Disney, attractions in Kissimmee, and do not want to spend a ton of money. If you want a fancy resort with a lot of amenities, stay away. If you want a basic room that's clean, quiet, and with responsive staff, stay here. Front desk staff were very courteous, helpful and responsive. The one downer was the shutlle to Disney - it was late and over crowded. There is a mandatory charge of $2.50 per day added to each room for this. All pay regardless of whether you go to Disney or not. It saves the Disney parking fee. There is a very good and reasonable buffet next store to the hotel- Las Vegas. It was good food and clean at a low cost. Just don't expect gourmet food. If you came to visit the sites like we did and only needed a place to sleep, wash up, and watch the news, this is a great place.

Loved the view and the rooms!!!

by TripAdvisor Member yoda-Pennsylvania

My sister and I just wanted to get away for the weekend and when we checked into our rooms we were amazed, they were beautiful and more then we excepted. My family and I had a rough year and when we decided to go away we saw your hotel on hotel .com and thought that this would be something different and let me tell you, it was...the employees were very helpful with everything that we needed, they would help us with whatever my sister and I needed. The overall of the hotel is beautiful, I wish I could of spent more time there b/c I didn't have time to enjoy the pool but the garden was a pretty sight to see. I would being staying there next time I am down in Florida..

Pleasantly Surprised

by TripAdvisor Member cmaysAugusta

I booked this hotel on line and then read some of the previous reviews. I was scared that I had made the wrong choice.......however, when we arrived at the hotel we were pleasantly surprised at how nice our room was. It looks as though they remodeled the rooms. All new furniture, and the queen size bed was very cozy. The room was clean and spacious.....no bad smells as stated in peoples previous reviews. A couple minor problems like the water in the tub did not drain well and the toilet ran a couple of times in the night by itself. But, the front desk said it would be taken care of. Easy access to all the Orlando attractions. If your on a budget, this is the place to stay!

Comments