Lighthouse Key Resort & Spa Kissimmee

8545 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States
Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Lighthouse Key Resort & Spa Kissimmee

Lighthouse Key is the best!

by TripAdvisor Member Nancymarie

We stayed at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa from October 22nd through October 29th of 2007. After a terrible experience in the Orlando area last year (see my review), we decided to find a new place to stay while enjoying the Disney parks this year. We checked in around 8:00 pm and there was no problem at all with our reservation. We were treated wonderfully by ALL THE STAFF during OUR ENTIRE STAY! After last year's trip this meant a lot! We had reserved a two-bedroom condo but were upgraded to a beautiful three-bedroom condo with views of the lake from every room. Everything was perfectly clean, and by the time I went to bed that night I didn't even inspect the sheets for cleanliness like I usually do at any hotel. It didn't even cross my mind because everything was so perfect. As previous guests have said, the condos are beautifully decorated, the sheets and towels are superior quality, and you have more space than you can imagine!
You do not receive any type of housekeeping or maid service unless you pay extra, but you are provided with a washer and dryer and enough soap to get started. We had no problem taking care of things ourselves, and daily trash pickup is provided; just place the trash outside your door in the morning.
The Disney parks were only a few miles away and much closer this year than last. We were very pleased with the location and there is also good security. They check everyone before letting them in the gate. There is a Publix grocery nearby and many restaurants.
We spent the afternoon at the pool our last day and enjoyed talking with the couple who run the pool bar and deli/store. They were very friendly, as were all the employees we encountered. We have eight-year-old twins and I didn't worry about them hurting their feet in the pool, however, after spending quite a long afternoon in the water their toes and fingers were pink and had a couple of cuts. I would definitely buy them some water shoes next time.
We LOVED Lighthouse Key and will definitely stay there again! I can't say enough about the beauty, size and comfort of the condos and how everything you could possibly need is provided! It was such a pleasure after the terrible accommodations we had last year. We will be back!

Luxurious Apartment Suites

by TripAdvisor Member snrevis

We've just returned from our 12 day honeymoon stay at the Lighthouse Key resort and Spa.

Firstly, if you have booking on-line via a third party web-site, be sure to bring confirmation of your reservation, as on arrival our reservation was no where to be found on their system ( judging from other reviewers this seems to be a problem they need to quickly address ) very worrying when full payment had already been made in advance. That said, Sean (Gen Mgr) was exceptional when handling the problem - he upgraded our room, provided us with a lake view, and also kindly sent flowers and champagne to our room. By next morning the reservation had been discovered and the problem resolved.

The apartment suite was beautiful - so stylish and tastefully decorated. The kitchen areas have stainlees steel appliances and granite surfaces, and everything you could wish for from microwave oven to smoothie-makers.

The amenities are first class with flat screen TV's and DVD players in the lounge and two of the three bedrooms - ( Xbox 360 and standard TV in the third). The two master bedrooms each had en-suite bathrooms and both had Jacuzzi bath tubs, separate showers and twin hand basins which also feature granite surrounds. The rooms and beds are large and comfortable - having a separate, laundry room with washing machine and tumble-drier is also a big positive.

The staff were very professional, and very friendly, particulary at the Deli shop. We also liked the gated security aspect of the complex. During our stay, the pool area was very quiet and relaxing when we were there - which tended to be after 4pm - however due to the lack of activity, the pooloside bar was mostly unattended.

Our main area for suggested improvement, apart from the reservation glich, was the lack of poolside service, but they will probably address this in due course - it must be said that he complex has only been open for a few months so is still in its infancy.

Overall, our stay was a delight and we will certainly be back, provided the price doesn't escalate too much.

We've stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels in and around Orlando - with this resort you have the luxury of a top class hotel together with the flexibility of a villa. If you're looking for a luxurious apartment / hotel complex, you will currently be hard pushed to find anything to this standard and for this price anywhere else in Orlando - we believe the Lighthouse Key Resort has raised the bar.

Great floorplan, super clean, and helpful staff. What else do you need?

by TripAdvisor Member dukektown

I have traveled all over the world and stayed at properties of varying quality. Although I have certainly stayed at more "upscale" properties, there is no question in my mind that my experience at Lighthouse Key provided the best value I have ever had anywhere.

Normally I would wait until I actually returned home before posting a review on Trip Advisor, however, the experience at Lighthouse Key was thoroughly enjoyable and deserves a quick post.

We arrived early in Orlando and decided to try to check in around 1:00 PM. No problem. Our room was ready and they were able to fulfill our requests for a high floor (we were given a unit on the 5th floor - the highest) as well as a lake view. We did make the reservation with a third party website, but there were no problems with that. They had our information even at the gatehouse before entering the complex.

Of note, the two ladies at the check-in area were quite nice and very helpful.

Our three bedroom unit was absolutely immaculate. My wife could not believe how clean even the silverwear was. Each bedroom was nicely sized and two of the bedrooms were considered "master" suites with their own attached bathrooms. A third bathroom was located immediately outside the third bedroom. The beds in the master suites were of a queen size while the third bedroom had a convertible bed. Despite the website claims, the bedroom televisions were 26" and not 32" LCD's. But, with three televisions in the three bedrooms as well as a 42" plasma in the living room, who cares. There is an Xbox 360 (without hard drive) in the third bedroom. Unfortunately, I thought regular Xbox games would be compatible (they were not).

The furniture was very tasteful. Very nice decorative touches and the furniture itself felt substantial. Arched doorways and various niches were present througout the unit. A washer and dryer are located off the kitchen (they even include a small box of Tide and Bounce for your use). The kitchen has a full supply of dishes, cups, pots, pans, and small electrics such as a blender, toaster, etc.

The bathrooms were nicely done with literally the softest towels I have ever felt. Mixed toiletries are provided in each bathroom by Crabtree and Evelyn. There are independent garden tubes with jets as well as walk-in showers for the master bathrooms while the third has a simple shower/tub. Walk-in closets with regular hangers are located off the master bathrooms. One in-wall safe is present in one closet.

Telephones are located in various places throughout the unit. Local calls are free. Free Wifi is included as well.

The resort amenities were better than expected. A pool area was quiet and nicely appointed. Inside the main building is a 50 seat theater with three free movie showings a day. I watched Charlotte's Web (the 2006 version) with my daughter one rainy morning and helped pass the time. The exercise room has a nice mix of equipment. A business center had a couple computers, a fax, and office supplies. On on-site spa is at the Lighthouse Key but we did not try it (my wife found the pricing a little high).

We ended up making our reservation with Hotelopia for a total of $447 (found an online coupon for $50 discount) which included tax for a four night stay. An additional $7 resort fee was also charged upon check-in (we did get a free USAToday delivered during the work week - no local paper on the weeked was provided). From my standpoint, a total of less than $120 per night for almost 2000 square feet in a new, clean, nicely appointed "luxury" condo was almost beyond belief. Our rate did not include daily maid service which was fine by me since we were there for only 4 nights.

The property is a few miles south of Disney and not in a particularly exclusive-appearing area. Nevertheless, with the gated entrance and security, we felt quite comfortable. A WalMart is a few miles away and several Publix groceries are a touch closer.

Overall, the Lighthouse Key is an unbelievable value. I suspect things will change over time as they sell more units in their fractional ownership plan (note, we were not solicited even once to see a presentation about the ownership opportunites). I would strongly encourage anyone that wants good interior space in a clean and comfortable environment to consider the Lighthouse Key.

Good Accommodation For The Price

by TripAdvisor Member sooScotland

we found the accommodation good for the price we paid. Good quality and very clean. There are a number of minor things that I didn't like though, the beds were too small(by american standards), no power shower, they played loud pool side music, having stayed there now I realise why, you are very close to the 192 ( i guess to drown out the noise of traffic!) Be careful who you book through as we were there for a week and didn't get any maid service. It was available at a cost $25 a day for them to make the beds and empty the bins, $45 a day if you wanted a more thorough clean. This accommodation is good if you are only using it as a base and are out all day, journey time to Disney and Sea World 15 mins drive. It definately isn't for the more discerning traveller and wanting some peace and quiet.

Great New Resort

by TripAdvisor Member ABTaylor

Beautiful resort. The bedrooms were huge. We had a 3 bedroom unit that had 2 king size beds and one queen. Two of the bathrooms had jacuzzi tubs which really pleased my 10 year old daughter. Wireless internet included in the price. I got a great deal through Southwest Airlines. Would definitely stay again. And no timeshare presentations!

Great experience!

by TripAdvisor Member druel

We stayed here from Oct 3-9 and had a great experience!
We had booked the 'Hampshire' 3 bed, 3 bath unit back
in July directly with the hotel for $119/night. I believe it was
an introductory offer rate.
We were not disappointed at all! The rooms were
beautifully appointed-just like others have said-and
it was perfect for me, my wife, and our 3 adult children.
We already knew about the lack of shelves in the shower stall
before we left-from reading the reviews-so it was less of
an inconvenience to us. There were just a couple of rather minor inconveniences: 1) Among the pots and pans inventory, we were not able to locate a large pot for boiling pasta/spaghetti.
If you have a unit that can sleep up to 8 people, it seems
logical that the kitchen be stocked with a large pot for
easy-and cheap!-pasta dinners. 2) There was an inconsistency
with fresh towel replenishing. Even when towels were placed
on the floor-a clear indication that fresh towels are requested-
we would get back to find that just a few towels were replaced.
We found out later that the hotel contracts out the maid service-
they don't work directly for the hotel-so that may cause some
ot the confusion. Other than that, we feel we got our money's
worth-and then some! And we found all of the staff to be very efficient and courteous. Also, this was a very convenient location
for commuting to all the Disney World Parks. We would definitely
stay here again!!!

Amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member TayaWaya

We were completely blown away upon entering our unit. The floor plan was remarkably thought out. Our jaws dropped at every turn. The master bed/bath rooms could be rented out as a hotel room of its own at a price higher than we paid for the whole 4 bedroom unit. The toiletries were much better than expected, from bath salts to a pre-threaded sewing kit. The kids loved the Xbox 360 with rentable games in the deli and the movie theater in the lobby. We loved the game room with 2 free pool tables and the poolside bar right out the door from it. Aside from the property not having a sit down restaraunt, it felt we could actually have a complete vacation without ever leaving the resort... at an amazing price. We did have some problems accessing the wifi in our rooms, but the front desk was having internet problems as well. We also needed to request maintanence on both of the jacuzzi tubs as neither of them were in working order upon check in. We were refunded our $35 resort fee as compensation for the inconvenience though.

Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member luggagehandles

Fabulous stay! Easy to locate right off of 192. Also, a very important thing to mention is that it is located in the newer area that is being built up of 192...not the old and seedy looking end of 192. If you've been to both ends, you will see what I mean!

Front desk check in was easy and painless and let us check in a few hours early. 24-hour manned security, where one has to have the gate opened for them was a nice touch. Layout is perfect! Nice towels and linens. "Condo" (hotel room does not apply) was just gorgeous! Pool, bar, game room, sundries store were all impecable! At night, you can view the fireworks from Disney...not quite as good as being right at Disney, but nice anyways! The people that had stayed in our condo prior to us had shut the safe, so we could not access it. We called the front desk and a polite serviceman was there within 5 minutes. Fixed with no problems!

No complaints about our stay whatsoever! Just remember as others noted, housekeeping is not included in your booking price, which was not a big deal to us, for we are used to keeping our own home pick-up anyways. They will provide fresh towels and such if asked. Housekeeping is avail for a fee of about $45.00

Book here...you will not be disappointed!!!

Lighthouse Luxury

by TripAdvisor Member familyoffiveOntario

We stayed at the Lighthouse Nov. 1 to 7th. Check in was efficient and fast. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit and it was super clean, it smelled new! Kitchen was goregous with granite countertops. Full size laundry was a life saver. (complimetary laundry soap is provided). Everything was quite nice and made for an enjoyable stay. If i had to be picky the only complaints I would have is the pillows; not the best quality for a resort of this caliber, as mentioned on other review - no soap holder in shower, and finally, the policy of no outside food or drink by the pool area. I found this policy odd especially when all units are equipped with full kitchens - it would be nice to bring snacks and beverages (plastic containers) along the poolside. Guests could purchase snacks and drinks at the deli adjacent to the pool. It seemed like they were forcing guest to buy from the deli if they wanted the convenience of snacking by the pool. We did bring our own water and fruit by the pool and the rule didn't seem to be greatly enforced. I think if your paying for upscale accommodations then you should be allowed to bring a bottled water to the pool!

All in all a good location and excellent rooms.

Brand New and Beautiful Resort!

by TripAdvisor Member smileeface

I stayed here one night this past weekend, Nov 10th, meeting up with family who had arrived at the resort 2 nights earlier. This place is brand new, opened in 2007. We stayed in the Grandview 3 bedroom, 3 bath apartment, 1966 sq. ft. It looks like a luxury model home. Smells brand new! Two bedrooms had king beds with their own wide master baths (shower AND jacuzzi tubs), walk-in closets. Third room was a daybed w/ a pull out trundle (twin mattresses), 3rd bath w/ showertub outside in hall. Living room sofa is a pull out queen bed. Screen tv in L.V. Screened in back patio w/ table & chairs. It is so roomy, beautiful and comfortable! Beautiful picture frames everywhere,
even in the bathrooms. Luxury lighting fixtures in bathrooms. Silk flower arrangements of orchids and birds of paradise on the tables and bathrooms. Granite countertops. Double sinks in the King bedroom bathrooms. Soft plush bath towels. Laundry room. Full kitchen w/ all appliances, dishware, silverware, etc. There is a Publix supermarket 1/2 mile away too, and a Houlihan's restaurant across the street, with many other restaurants close by. It's a home away from home! My daughters (11 & 15) loved it! Their mouths dropped open when we walked
in. The clubhouse pool is heated; hot tub also. There is a 50 seat movie theatre that plays 3 movies a day (check on that w/ them). A poolside bar and deli, a game room w/ arcade and billiard tables, a spa. It is 5 mins off the nearest I-4 exit to Disney, 15 mins from the parks. We live in Florida and have visited Disney so many times I can't count. We've stayed in all caliber of Disney resorts and off property as well. This was a great find, and I already booked to stay here again in December. You will be very happy here!!!

Comments