Mike Ditka Resorts Runaway Beach Club Kissimmee

3000 Bonfire Beach Dr., Kissimmee, Florida, 34746, United States

Good For No Data
  • Family Time

My wife and I decided to take the family to Disney World. We choose to stay at Mike Ditka Resorts Runaway Beach Club resort and couldn’t have been any happier. Our room was spacious, the grounds were beautiful and the pool was awesome. We tell everyone to stay there and are planning on going back ourselves.

• Great Orlando Hotel

We were going to Florida so we started looking for an Orlando hotel to stay at. We found Mike Ditka Resorts Runaway Beach Club Resort. It was half the price of the other Orlando hotels with all the comforts and luxuries we expected. Great place to stay. We can’t wait to go back.

• Acting Like Kids Again

My girlfriends and I wanted a getaway and one of them thought of going to Orlando to Disney and act like kids again. Idea was great but we had to find a place to stay. After internet research and talking to others we came up with Mike Ditka Resorts Runaway Beach Club Resort. What a great idea. Great rooms, great staff and great location. We now recommend it to everyone.

Unique Quality: Beautiful grounds, great rooms, helpful staff

More about Mike Ditka Resorts Runaway Beach Club Kissimmee

Runaway from the Runaway Beach Club

by TripAdvisor Member AFamilyof4Illinois

We stayed here from Feb 25, 2007 to Mar 3, 2007. First of all let me say that this is better than a hotel, but hardly a resort! First the rooms are spacious but very cheaply put together! We had a 3 bdrm which was nice. Our first problem was the safe was left locked and needed to be opened by management. We waited 3 hours and no one showed! So we gave up and went grocery shopping. We came back and put everything away and cooked supper. At about 10pm, we realized the refrigerator and freezer were not getting cold. So we complained and were told no maintenance would be there until the next day. Well, we told them we had $200 worth of groceries we didn't want to spoil, and after alot of talking, we were moved to a downstairs room. Now, we had a noisy child above us who ran around the condo ALL NIGHT LONG!!! It never stopped until morning. Very rude people they were! This child did this EVERY night we were here. We were also not told the pool wasn't open until after we checked in! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT for my kids because we are from IL and their goal was to swim on this vacation. Another problem we encountered was on Tues. we were trying to leave for Disney, but they were pressure washing the building at 9am. We had no warning about this and could not get out of our building. Anyway, when we could finally open the door, my father in law was sprayed buy the cleaning mixture. It was BLEACH! They claimed it was only 15% bleach, but it ruined his shorts and shirt immediately. It was also sprayed all over my expensive GMC Yukon Denali. When I went to talk to management about this, they said they would contact me the next day. Well, needless to say, I was never contacted! Also, the dresser was broken in the master bedroom, the blinds were broken in the 2nd bedroom, the grout was crumbling off the bathtub in the 2nd bathroom, the closet door was broken where the washer and dryer were, and we had the air conditioning units right outside our bedroom. Overall this was not a very nice place to stay. It is spacious and the price was cheap enough, but it is very poorly managed and no one wants to take responsibility for anything. As for them taking care of reimbursing us for my father in laws shorts and shirt, I had to contact them again after returning to IL. It has been 2 1/2 weeks since I was promised they would do something. And surprise! (not) no one has reimbursed him or contacted me back to let me know what they are willing to do. This place is lucky the bleach hit his back side and not his face or got in his eyes or worse yet that my kids weren't hurt. Do yourself a favor and take your money and stay at Star Island Resort or Westgate Resort. You will have a much better time and will be treated with the respect you should get when on vacation and staying at a resort. The Runaway Beach Club Resort is just a mediocre place to stay and management doesn't care about there guests.

They are right... RUNAWAY from Runaway Beach Club

by TripAdvisor Member travel4aliving49

Found this place on the web and decided to book it. It looked nice enough so I felt comfortable booking this place and bringing the whole family there. Well to sum it up, the resort itself is beautiful. The pool is awesome, the room was up-to-date but housekeeping is a major problem here. Hair in the bathroom, blood in the sheets in one bed, it was bad. To top it off, the staff needs some major training on simple customer service. They have no idea what customer service is or how to treat a customer. Try getting one of their employees to make eye contact with you.. a joke. And don't ask for a manager! All you will get is they are off property and will have to call you back. Don't bother waiting for that call. It is clear that the problem starts from the top!

So take some advice, stay with a major name hotel where you know you will get good service.

Loved Runaway Beach

by TripAdvisor Member RobbieNTorrinsMom

My husband and I and two young sons stayed for one week beginning April 17. We loved it! We had a two bedroom/two bath villa with a loft. It was extremely clean (and I am a clean freak!) and comfortable. The kitchen was equipped with everything you would expect a kitchen to have to adequately prepare meals. The bathrooms had the usual 'hotel' travel size shampoos and soaps. Each bathroom had a hair dryer. Each bedroom had a large walk-in closet with extra pillows and blankets and the MBR had a safe. The king sized bed was quite comfortable. In the other bedroom there was a twin bed and a full sized bed. The washer and dryer was a nice perk.....able to go home with clean laundry! The sitting area was spacious and comfortable with two large couches that opened up to beds. The loft had a TV, foosball/air hockey table, dvd player and couch. The boys loved it! This couch also pulled out to a bed.

Our trash was emptied daily and our beds made. Fresh towels were supplied daily. If you want a more thorough cleaning you need to contact the front desk the day before and a fee is charged.

The only thing that I would suggest to make the stay more enjoyable is for each condo to have a "Welcome Kit". While the kitchen did have a package of coffee for the first night/morning, that was all. There was no cream, etc. It would be helpful if there was a liter of bottled water for drinking or making coffee. We arrived late afternoon so it was no problem for me to run to the Wal-Mart for supplies but for late arriving guests having a 'Welcome Kit" would be a big help.

There were two pools and a hot tub on the property. The children's pool was a zero entry pool with several sprinklers! Lots of fun. The 'adult' pool was also nice as was the jacuzzi. There was a calypso style band that played each day from around noon until four and a grill set up where you could get hot dogs and burgers along with a soda free of charge as long as you obtained vouchers from the front desk and were a guest of the resort. There is also an indoor basketball court and an exercise room. I cannot comment on them as we didn't use them except to say that they were clean and several people were using them.

The staff were friendly and polite as well as helpful. There is a complimentary shuttle offered to the Disney parks but we had a rental car so we didn't use it.

Wal-Mart is across the street and you can get all your groceries, toiletries, sunscreen etc. There are also plentry of restaurants within a 2-5 minute drive.

DIsney is about a ten minute drive and Universal about 15 minutes so Runaway Beach is nicely located as well.

All in all it was a great trip and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again....in fact, we are going to book it again for next year!

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member McSimian

My husband and I stayed at the Runaway Beach Club for two four night stays in April. The first stay was great! We loved the one bedroom condo that we were placed in (towards the back of the complex). It was clean, well equipped and spacious. When we returned for our second 4 night stay we were not as pleased. The complex was very busy and we had to wait for a condo to be cleaned for us even though we had not arrived until quite late in the afternoon. We were then placed in another one bedroom condo right at the front of the complex. After our first stay I was really disappointed. The condo was not clean, there were signs of quick fix maintenance jobs and the AC did not work properly. So although we would reccommend this complex it does seem to be some inconsistency between the properties. You will also have to pay a $2.50 a day resort fee and if you want housekeeping during your stay it's $15 a day.

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member LuckyMO

We stayed at the Runaway Beach Club April 23-26. We had a two bedroom
two bath condo. Tastefully decorated in a beach theme - not over the top. Everything was very clean! Had plenty of clean towels, dishes, glasses, etc. You can pay to have daily maid service, though we chose not too.

Each bedroom had it's on tv. The one in the lving room had a DVD player.

There have two pools. One is geared more toward kids. Both are nice with cushioned seating. Well equipped exercise room. as well as an indoor basketball court.

You have to have a code or card for access into the place, especially
at night, since they close the gates.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We did have a problem with the people above us. They had children that were continuously running and jumping. We did tell the front desk and they made a call to ask them to be more considerate. When we checked out they asked if the problem had improved. It had not but we did not want to complain again since there are so many crazy people out there -- not sure what they people might have done. (Had been advised that if the staff had to call them a second time, they would be told to leave.)

All in all, it was a very nice stay. Would definitely go back again, and would recommend this place to everyone.

Everything was Perfect!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member tuanis714

This has got to be the best deal in the Orlando area! My family and I were completely satisfied with the total package. We travel to Disney every year and this is definitely our new favorite place to stay. The grounds were breathtaking, with gorgeous surroundings down to the smallest detail. The pool area was a huge hit and the other amenities(indoor basketball court, workout room, shuttle service to all the parks, etc.) only sweetened the deal. It could not have gotten any better.

Our room was a 2 bedroom HUGE suite with a gameroom in a loft area. The room was more like a luxurious apartment than a hotel room. Everything we needed was provided. The kitchen came with all cooking and eating utensils and there was a washer and dryer right in the room with the detergent already there. The appliances were all brand new and the marble counter-tops were a nice surprise. The room was spotless and made us feel instantly at home. I would definitely recommend the loft/gameroom option as it gave the kids something to do in our off time. There a couple big screen tv's and dvd players in the rooms too for nights that we just wanted to stay in and relax. The beds were the most comfortable I have slept in while traveling.

The staff was amazing! Several times they went the extra mile just to make us happy. They were professional and courteous and really made us feel at home. The surrounding area had everything we could possibly ask for, restaurants, entertainment and even a wal-mart a block away to buy supplies at. All this and it is literally a 2 mile drive to the gates of the Disney Parks. You'd think a place like this would be only for those willing to spend a fortune but we didn't have to. It was actually very reasonable. My family and I were sad to leave and whenever we are back in the area we will undoubtedly return to the Runaway Beach Club!

Outstanding Property, Location, and Value

by TripAdvisor Member szh1015

My husband and I stayed in a 2 bedroom, two bath condo in March. We were impressed by the decor and cleanliness of the property. The kitchen had everything one would need. The bathrooms were spacious and had all the ammenities of a fine hotel. Bedrooms were very large and comfortable. The easy access to Disney properties and the pool and recreation areas make this an ideal place for a family. The washer and dryer in the unit is also a plus. The value is outstanding for all that this property has to offer.

Comments