Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club Kissimmee

7900 Palms Parkway, (formerly Wyndham Palms Resort), Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club Kissimmee

Would not stay here again!

My hubby and I took our daughter on her spring break to Disneyworld for a week and stayed at the Wyndham Palms. I made this reservation almost a year early and checked every now and then when the time got near to make sure all requests would be made. Of course when we arrived NONE of the requests were made. We stayed in Building 13 (one of the older buildings on the whole resort). One of our requests was to stay in a new building and I was told by a rep. that the request would be granted, NOT! We didn't find out until the end of the week that free continental breakfast is served every morning. However, it's only milk and cereal but they still should have told us about the breakfast when we arrived and it wasn't mentioned in the documentation they gave us upon our arrival. The villas are very nice as we stayed in a one bedroom, very spacious, had a screened in porch with dining room area and big screen TV in the main room. However, the room smelled old. Try to stay away from Building 12 & 13 if you decide you would like to stay here for your vacation. Be aware that if you're not an owner which I'm not and wouldn't be for this resort, they cater to the owners and give them the best villas and that was why we were in an older building. In addition, if you are a Wyndham Rewards Member don't look for any points because you more than likely will not receive it. I reserved through my vacation club and they wouldn't except my vacation club therefore I didn't receive any points. My hubby and I plan to never return to this resort, we saw too many other resorts near this resort that was much better (with or without the points). Make sure you look around before choosing this resort as your #1 stay.

Great place for the money but has a few flaws...

by TripAdvisor Member Emory

We got the 2 bedroom in building 23. The place was large and clean, I would guess around 1100 sq feet. We have three teenage boys and it was great. Two in the second bedroom with their own TV, one on the hideway with the 52" TV and us in the huge master suite with our TV. The nights were much more peaceful than everyone cramped into an Embassy suites type of room. Our baconly overlooked the 8th green. We were called the first day there to see if we wanted half price tickets to Universal, I said what's the catch. They of course said I needed to take a small tour, I said no thanks and thats all we heard of the sales people. The noise above you is a problem. I called the front desk to alert the people above me that everything they do (sliding chairs, rolling luggage) is amplified through the concrete. She said she was sending security to me so I could explain the problem and they would talk to the people. I explained to her I thought that was a little harsh and that she just call them and explain nicely that when they slide things on the floor it makes a lot of noise to the people beneath. I don't think she called because the noise continued. As long as you sleep with the TV on you won't notice too much. If you decide to go you might want to remember to be careful of the noise you produce. Breakfast is served from 8 to 9:30 and consists of Frsoted Flakes or Raisen Bran, yougurt, a mixed fruit cup, pre-packaged danish or bagle, orange juice, milk and coffee. Expect to drive to everything, pools, breakfast, clubhouse and mini-golf. Its close to everthing and the price was right. If you are using this as a base to sleep as you hit theme parks its great, as a resort it's too spread out.

Perfect Vacation Home !!

What is there not to love about a luxury condo?? We stayed in a 2
bedroom villa, and it was simply divine! Huge living area, 52 in TV,
master bedroom/bath with Jacuzzi, complete kitchen with washer/dryer
and everything that you could possibly need down to dishwasher
detergent and a corkscrew.
I know that some have complained about the noise level with the tile floors, but they are gorgeous! We were on the top level and did not have the problem with the noise.

The grounds are beautiful and spacious. You are a distance from the pools and such, but this was attractive to us as it really cut down on the people traffic.

We were invited to attend a time-share presentation, and we went. You could not have asked for a more professional sales staff, very polite and courteous, and they knew what "no" meant, as well.

Everything was just fantastic, we were close to all of the attractions, but not in the middle of congested Orlando.

I hope to be able to go back soon, and I would definitely consider this resort for a future vacation.....as a matter of fact, I would LOVE to own one of these villas!!

Spacious, clean accomodations...Less than 10 min. drive to all Disney Parks

Bottom line - Great place to stay if you want to be a hop-skip to anything Disney- a 5-star resort, as plugged, THIS IS NOT. We traveled at the end of February with our 3 children (5, 7, 7) and requested a top-floor 2-bedroom unit (per review recommendations) for 9 nights.
Although our building (#26) had a dull view (wetlands) and was quite a distance from any pools/golf, the rooms were large, very clean...and worked beautifully for our crew. Our children had their own bedroom (2 queen beds) with their own t.v....and their own bathroom. The kitchen was fully furnished (wish there was a blender...) and worked great to keep our own stock of beverages/snacks. Dishwasher and washer/dryer in our kitchen were convenient. The large screen t.v. and leather sofa were nice in the living space...a VCR, too. The large balcony was screened in, ceiling fan/light and had a patio table & 4 chairs...very spacious. Master bedroom was enormous...with a large jacuzzi tub, his/her sinks (hers even had a nice vanity/bench), glassed in shower stall and enclosed toilet space. The noise we had read about on earlier review was definitely diminished on the top-floor. Location to Disney was the big plus for us. Five minutes from our lot to Animal Kingdom and MGM...maybe 8 -10 for Magic Kingdom/Epcot lots. The area of Kissimmee (RTE. 192) was definitely low-budget seedy...but easy to close our eyes to for the budget rate at a more-than-decent accomodation. Would we return? Only if our focus was to do Disney...the Resort ammenities were definitely on a minimalist scale in comparison to the large number of units/buildings being served. The pools near the clubhouse are the ones we visited...only 1 of the pools was heated...which meant that during any given day there were up to 35 people (yes, I counted...) in a rather small heated pool, while the other small un-heated pool held 1 or 2 brave souls. Even the kiddie pool, with a mushroom-like fountain was not heated. My husband did call about the un-heated pools and was told they'd tell their maintenance dept., but the heat never increased. There were activities for the kids on-and-off Monday-Friday...but lets just say that the staff in charge were less than kid friendly...just there to get the activity done (our kids didn't notice, but my husband and I did...as well as a few other guests whom made side comments). Poolside snack bar and beverage bar were run-of-the-mill average...convenient, and reasonabley priced ($4 Pina Colada...$1 soda). We attended the Time-Share pitch as part of our reservation agreement (Wholesale Travel) for our reduced rate. We had a 7:30am breakfast at the "sales building". It was a pitch, lasted less than the 90 minutes...not a big deal...we politely declined and never heard from them again.

Going back again

We went and stayed at this resort 1 year ago with 7 children under the age of 5 (3 families). It was beyond accomdating! The rooms were great - plenty of room for the children to play and watch movies. Now we are going back again this year, however only with 2 children (a bit more relaxing) and we are hoping to have the same wonderful accomidations.
We are looking very forward to our stay.

Comfortable room

Comfortable 1 Bdrm deluxe unit. Upgraded from standard, which had a double bed in master bedroom. Took advice of past postings and requested top floor unit. Noise was not a problem. Pools were on the small side, and only one heated. Definately not enough pools built yet.
Children's activities not up to par for full service resort. No supervised activities, movies nights etc. No business center (we couldn't pick up emails during our week's stay) and no fitness center.
Nice villa accomodation though. Plenty of room for 2 adults and 1 8 yr old. (he liked the big screen TV). We had our 1st time-share presentation. Not as pushy as I thought it would be. We went on a Wyndham by-request package w/presentation. Definately got our money's worth, but wouldn't buy here. Just not enough of a true "resort" feel.
Had to take the car to everything. You must have a car to stay here.

No problems at all!

by TripAdvisor Member dep7418

Bought a package through Wyndham by request and added extra night for $99. Package included 2 tickets to disney and a breakfast every morning in the clubhouse. I felt we received a great deal. Staff was pleasant from the time we checked in to the time we left. The sales presentation was very casual. Like other posts mentioned, not much of a true "resort" feel to it but the villas were VERY nice. We had a 3rd floor villa (#18) and we never heard any noise from above. You do need a car if staying here. I would say it wouldnt be the most exciting resort for kids, but was wonderful for just my wife and I. Very easy to get to and close, right off of the nicer area of 192. If a golf fan, they also had a package that included unlimited golf which was a FANTASTIC deal for a beautiful course. Overall we were very pleased and would return again.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions...

I absolutely will never have anything to do with them again!

After being smooth-talked into the purchase of one of their timeshare units, we were completely disappointed with the way the company treated us. Although the facility itself is attractive, the sales tactics are highly questionable and high pressure. We were given false information that led us into the purchase of the timeshare, and by the time we were able to figure out that it was false, it was too late to get out of it.
On top of that, our checking account information was given to another company that has made deductions from out checking account (we have filed fraudulent activity with out bank and are now in the process of having to change bank accounts). I call customer service at Wyndham, and not only do they talk over me so I can't explain my complaints, but they give me the runaround. My biggest complaint is how they flat-out lied to us, not just once, but many times, to get us to purchase the timeshare, and then give our checking account information to a questionable company! I absolutely do not advise anyone to deal with this company unless you want an ongoing headache!!

Timeshare presentation is a scam.

The timeshare presentation for this property is a complete scam. Do not participate in the timeshare presentation. These people are complete con artists. here is how it works:

1.) They make you wait in a room packed with people for approximately 30 min.
2.) After 30 min, a salesperson (mine was Vesda -----) will approach you and escort you into a buffet line where they offer you breakfast - presumably to calm you down. Don't get your hopes up, it's only fake scrambled eggs, sausage, and potato nuggets.
3.) At this point, the salesperson will escort you to a large room where approximately 300 people are sitting. The salesperson will eat with you while they give you a presentation. It is nearly impossible to think given the overwhelming noise in the room with all the people there. Ever so often, they will quiet the room and a person with a microphone will announce to the room something along the lines of: "Please give a warm round of applause to our new owners from Albany, NY - Mr. and Mrs. Gonzalez!" It's wild. 90% of the people don't even know why their clapping. They try to make it seem like the suckers they found have won something.
4.) Your salesperson will load you into a golf cart and drive you to the demo units. While on the drive, they will quote rediculous prices as high as $38k for a 3 bedroom annual for 2 weeks. Crazy.
5.) Eventually after looking at the demo units - where all they want to show you is the bathroom - you'll be led back to the large room with all the people. At this point, they try to push you into buying a timeshare for a rediculous price. We were offered a 2 bedroom bi-annual lockup for $11,000. Which is totally rediculous because you can buy a 2 bedroom annual for less than $2500 on ebay at the same resort.
6.) It is important to note that no one, not even the salesperson will give you their contact information. It is also important to note that they do not give you any contact information on any of the documents, worksheets, etc that they show you. The only thing noted on their sales documents is that they are a company called "tempest resorts international". Wyndham's contact info is displayed on the questionaire that they fill out for you if you do not buy. However, you are not allowed to leave with it and they will not give you a photocopy or even a pen and paper. You are not allowed to leave with anything.
7.) It is also important to note that they will give you gracious financing a 10% down and 17% interest. This is absolutely amazing. What a rip off!
8.) If you result in a dead sale and you start causing a scene, as I did when I told them I refuse to do business with anyone who wouldn't identify themselves to me and that I wanted to check their credit references and with the state atorney general's office foir complaints befor eI do business with them, you will be rushed out of the large room with all the loud people and you will be ushered out of the building.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Resort was O.k.

We had a problem with the resort, in that they lost our reservation in their system. I had reserved a three bedroom condo and had to settle for a two bedroom condo on the day we arrived. We were disappointed. I think what happened was, after I made the reservation, I called back to make a change so that we would depart a day earlier and i'm guessing the representative that helped me, accidentally deleted the entire reservation instead of the one day. The resort itself was nice, grounds were pretty. The unit we stayed in was very nice, very roomy. The pools were fairly small as compared to other resorts in the area. I would probably come back again but would call a week ahead to make sure they still had my reservation.

storefront kissimeestorefront kissimee