3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

More about Oak Plantation Resort

Oak Plantation was a little piece of heaven...

Oak Plantation was by far the nicest place we have ever stayed. I travelled with my husband and 3 year old daughter and it was just perfect in every way. We stayed in the 2 story loft. It had 2 full, large bathrooms with a very large tub. Also..it had a full kitchen including a full size dishwasher. Washers and dryers are also standard in the their rooms....full size ones tucked away in a closet.
Convenient. Also...whenever we left housekeeping would come in and clean up the place...even doing the dishes. Heaven. THere is also a dining room, front room, and tons of closet space. The pool area is great too. I wish that I would've had more time just to relax there...
They have an activities department that has all kinds of things to do at the pool daily such as : make your own tie dye shirts, make your own ice cream sundaes, hairwraps and tattoos, arts and crafts time. My favorite thing was a "Dive in Movie." They put up and 18 ft screen and played a new movie for everyone to watch outside in the pool area complete with popcorn and soda. This resort has really thought of everything and perfected it. All the staff we encountered were polite and bent over backwards to accomodate any request. We forgot our winter coats there and they even shipped them back to us. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

P.s. We were never bothered about a sales pitch...even once.

Great Time Even With Sales Pitch

Our family 2 adults and 2 kids (9 & 7) visited Oak Plantation Resort for Spring Break in 2003. Everything went wonderfully. Although we did have to attend a sales presentation which was only supposed to be 90 minutes and turned out to be 2 hours. When we insisted that we weren't about to buy on impulse they gave us our attraction tickets and we were free to leave. We only had one problem with our villa, there was a huge hornets nest off the balcony. We called maintenance and when we returned later in the day the nest was gone and there were no angry hornets flying around.

All in all I would reccomend this location. It's quiet and beautiful and the staff is great!!!

Loved it so much, I bought one!

I came up from Tampa on a weekend trip for my birthday, and I loved this getaway! I loved it so much, I bought one of the timeshares that was available! My room was a one bedroom, just for my husband and I.
Clean, up-to-date, quiet with lovely oak trees. I could see why they named it Oak Plantation, because it is surrounded by oak trees! The desk clerk was very friendly and always willing to answer all our questions and supply us with anything that we needed. I am proud of my timeshare purchase and would share it with anyone. Karen

Terrific Resort -- Best Value for Money!

Oak Plantation was the perfect place for our family weekend vacation.
We often run down to Orlando for quick visits and this was by far the best value and best resort of any! Even though the location was further out (from the Disney/Sea World are) than we usually stay, we didn't mind the commute. We stayed in the smallest unit --- but for 4 people staying just a weekend, it was perfect. A huge master bedroom and closet, nice size sleeper sofa in the living room, plus it was great to have a full kitchen! We even used the combo washer/dryer and found it to be wonderful. The resort and unit were ultra clean. Our unit was directly across from the pool --- which was heated --- and with low 70 temps, perfect to use. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was no high pressure at all to attend a sales presentation or purchase --- which you often get at time-share properties even if you're not taking advantage of the bargain-basement rates. We didn't pay any extra for housekeeping --- but found our room neat and clean with fresh towels after our first full day. We definitely plan to stay there again ---- probably will avoid during heavily trafficked summer months though as the commute down 192 is long. One note, we got lost finding it --- I forgot my directions but remembered another post on this site which made reference to the Super Walmart. The condos are close to the Super Walmart --- but a much better point of reference from Highway 192 is the Osceola Mall, by Bealls.

Overall, for the money, this was a nice place to stay. The rooms were much smaller than they appeared to be in the on-line virtual tour.
Washer & dryer was nice to have, but can only handle VERY small loads so they weren't very useful. I only had one major complaint...if you book a reservation on any on-line site, the price of the room does not include housekeeping & the staff failed to advise us of this @ check-in . We stayed for five nights and were not given any fresh towels.
Washer/dryer unit could only handle a max of 3 towels in it @ a time so this was very frustrating. In order to get more towels, you have to pay an extra charge. Also, do not get a ground level unit. It was very noisy in the room when the upstairs guests were in making it very difficult to sleep @ night. Hotel property was secluded, staff was friendly and the grounds were clean, but it was by-far a very "average" place to stay.

January Traveler

After hearing the reviews here and reading all I could (and even calling), I thought it was still too good to be true. $59/night in Jan.
and the only thing missing was maid service. the 1 bedroom villa is huge, everything you would want in the kitchen, full size washer/dryer, multiple pools, this place was awesome.

Topped the Trip!!

by TripAdvisor Member gfehr

Our whole family loved this resort. We had planned a very busy vacation, but when we were at our resort we could relax and get away from the business! The pool area is wonderful!! Our room was clean and spacious. It was so handy having a full kitchen to make a quick breakfast instead of wasting time in a restuarant. It was very handy having the washer and dryer in the room. My son loved to feed the fish and turtles in the lagoon. The service was great!! We would deffinately reccomend this resort to anyone!

One of the BEST!!!

I made my reservations online and was a little worried about buying a pig in a sack, I couldn't have been more wrong. I was so pleased with our accomodations. The villa was easily large enough for a family of 6, but there were only two of us. The pool was very clean and centrally located. The room was very nice and clean. The housekeeping staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I could not have been more pleased.

Somewhat uneven but great value

The grounds on this property are excellent: beautifully landscaped & spacious. We just wish there was more outdoor seating. There's lots by the pool and a few picnic areas scattered throughout, but they could certainly benefit from more benches, and there are almost no balconies or patios attached to units, which is a serious design flaw to our taste. The unit itself was good, but not excellent. Initially we had one of their small one bedroom units. And it IS small, but is so well laid out that the size didn't bother us. It felt cozy yet airy, thanks to the pastel decor. However, it was a ground floor unit and the noise overhead from the people above us was very annoying (and they were just walking around). Within an hour of checking in we asked to be moved but was told nothing else was available. However, walking about that night it looked like there were empty units. The next morning we went to the front desk and asked if there was absolutely nothing available, whereupon they hesitated and then admitted there were better units. We would happily have paid for an upgrade, but they gave us a complementary upgrade to a King loft unit, which was generous. This unit was twice the size of the first and better outfitted and -- joy of joys -- had a small balcony. Only the king lofts have this. In every other apartment, you are either stuck inside or have to leave and walk to a bench or chair. In the first unit the furnishings were in good shape, but in the second they were dated and some were well past their time (especially the appliances). So all in all, the grounds were truly excellent, the units themselves OK but not great, but the value was unbeatable. Do avoid those lower units though (we would not go back if that was all that was available) and if you can pay a bit more go for a king loft unit if only for morning coffee on the balcony.

Nice, with some management problems

by TripAdvisor Member goroving

All the nice things people have said about this resort are true-the setting is lovely and green(a real treat coming out of a winter climate), the pool complex is terrific and the adult pool warm even in cold weather. Rooms are colorful and upbeat. Hold your breadth, however if you come during a busy week. While waiting to check in, we heard nothing but complaints from those coming back to the office after checking in. We, ourselves were not first given the accomodations we reserved. After complaining, it turned out the apartment we asked for was reserved for us but the desk person did not know how to access it.
During our seven day stay, housekeeping failed to clean our room twice, although housekeeping was included in our rate. New owners may help resolve these problems, but here are a few suggestions to those of you reserving rooms. Use the resort's central reservations, not pre-paid travel sites. This is the only way to guarentee the room you want or to arrange an upgrade at a decent price. Make sure you ask for a large one bedroom, the gigantic one bedroom or a two bedroom and request an apartment facing the pond. Make sure housekeeping is included. With a AAA discount, we did as well at the resort's site as we would have at a prepaid travel site(although daily room rates might be higher some nights). If you are going to the parks, take the back way(Osceola Parkway). You will avoid the blight and lights of 192, save time and see cows and green fields. It's worth the 1.50 each way. This is a beautiful resort-just take care in making your reservations in high season!

Comments