8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort
IHG Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Please read before you Stay!

I was stupid enough to fall for the sales pitch! I purchased a timeshare through this resort. I was promised my deed 90 days after the payoff date. The unit was paid off in September of 2008. I did not receive a deed. Feeling it was a scam and I had been taken I withheld paying maintenance fees and property taxes. There were several collection attempts, in which I refused to pay and complained about not receiving the deed. I was then told that I would not receive the deed until my bill came current. Still I refused to pay and continue to be scammed. In early 2010, I received the deed in the mail with a demand letter to it sign over giving it back to the resort and a lien had been placed on the unit by the HOA. I did not sign this letter. And I maintain ownership today, however, there are overdue maintenance fees and property taxes.

In March of 2012, I received a letter in the mail notifying me of a foreclosure hearing. As an out of state resident, my attorney and I attempted to postpone the hearing with no avail through the court system. We were advised to contact the lawyers representing the timeshare property. To stop the foreclosure taking place within days, I was forced to pay $980 for their attorney's fees, which I paid to salvage my credit and set up a payment agreement of $516 per month.

I never authorized Orange Lake Resort to make monthly withdrawals from my bank account which they did. Also, after reading my current billing statement I learned that I am being charged $72 per month in "finance charges" and "collection costs." This too is highly suspicious and seems a very unethical business practice. I also question the number of others who reserve ownership of the same unit and week as I. And if it's lawful for Orange Lake resort to rent the unit and week I own having never received compensation for it, yet I'm paying to keep this unit in tact.

My complaints are many during my experience with this company. Not to mention the lack of professionalism and resourcefulness of their phone representatives, who feel it is to their discretion to make decisions on behalf of the company, not transferring calls to a higher authority and acting as gate keepers.

This is corporate extortion of the worst kind. If you do not pay up, your credit will be ruined. Your chances of purchasing a home or refinancing are destroyed. There is virtually no way out of them and the list goes on.

• Horrible experience

We traded in our points from RCA to get a week in this resort.

Picture if you can, a rural community of houses, no yards, just 900sq ft cottages stacked like cord wood. This is the place.

We checked in and were put in villa 4055. As we drove the mile or so from the check in to our villa we noticed our end of the resort was under repair. The villa was decent. Nothing to write home about. The sliding back door lead out to 10' of grass then forest filled swamp, every night we were fighting mosquitoes.
    Several times a day the sprinkler system would come on and keep us, either in the villa or in the driveway, due to improper sprinkler head adjustments, they were spraying the walkway. I called EVERY day for them to shut them off, so we could either come or go. Their CS sucks.

We had tractor trailers driving up and down our street. The diesel smell was awesome.
    We had an elder 65 and a 6 month old baby. The first night we put the A/C on and we had to rush the 6 month old to the hospital because the air conditioning was blowing our rancid air. She was having a difficult time breathing. We shut off the A/C and she was fine.(Maybe mold). It seemed like they had just revamped our villa.
    The resorts amenities were a 20 minute walk from our villa. We were told to take the shuttle. The nearest shuttle stop was 1/4 of a mile from our villa.
    My daughter used the villa's small tub jacuzzi and the jets sprayed rust out of them.

This place also will not except cash. They connect your CC to your room key.
    For an 8 person villa, they give you 4 rolls of toilet paper. Any extra you have to pay for.

This is not a resort for children.
    Unless you are a golfer, and want to pay $60.00 per round cart NOT included, don't waste your time with this crappy place.

If you do go, stay away from the 4000s.
    During our stay, we were put a mile from the main building, while 1/3 of the closer villas remained empty the entire week.
    I will never go back there.

We vacation 1-3 times a year for the last 10 years. This is the worst experience we have ever had.
    Heed my warning. If you go, I warned you.

Unique Quality: There isn't one outstanding characteristic in this place.
    It's below par on every level.

Directions: Kissimmee Fla.

• Absolute Dump

This is NOT a Hotel. It is a timeshare resort with one wing immaculate and the rest not fit enough to board dogs.Just returned back on 7/27/07 and after one night we were horrified as this was the most disgusting,dated, accomodation if you could possibly call it that??? There is NO maid service, NO shampoo's etc... dirty sheets, unclean bathroom...its endless!!!!The photos what you see of this resort, NOT HOTEL , as described,are what only people paying $35,000 and yearly upkeep get. You the averege person like me get an absolute squaller of a room. The room desciptions are misleading too, as we were expecting a quad suite(4 rooms) only to find two rooms separated by a 8' corridor had 2 queen rooms in each, again mis represention.Had to check out after a day at the theme park at 11.00pm and did not find a hotel until 3.00 am with my young family and friends.
    This property if you can call it that has ruined this years vacation, for me my family and friends through total mis representation and i have reccomended to Expedia to remove this property from its listings.

More about Orange Lake Resort And Country Club

Very nice resort!!

The Orange Lake Resort is very nice. When we first got there we couldn't wait to go to our room. The lobby was the first place we went too so we could check in. The lobby was very nice and was nicely decorated. There was even a man playing the piano. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very nice. It was very clean and we also had a great view of the pool outside. That was the best part about our room. The bad part about this resort is that they don't give you enough soap, laundry detergent, and they don't give you any shampoo, so you have to go buy your own. Also you have to go to the lobby if you need to buy groceries because they have a small store there. One other bad thing was that the pool next to us had a bad smell and the water was very warm. Overall though, the resort is nice and I would probably stay here again.

Not like what it used to be

I've been going to Orange Lake now for 14 years. I never had a problem with the place, in fact i couldn't get enough of it at one stage. But as the saying goes 'its not like it used to be'. The place has had quite a few problems with teenagers lately and instead of sitting together and thinking of a solution, they have worked apart and come up with a problem. If like me you go on vacation for a good time and to enjoy yourself then you may be disappointed by Orange Lake and its night time facilities (or should i say lack of them). It is not a place for teenagers, unless they like going to bed at 10pm on vacation!! I think once you've seen Mickey a few times it gets a bit boring!

Great place to stay, but don't buy direct!!!

by TripAdvisor Member huskersrtops

What an awesome place to stay! Our family had an amazing week there, and probably only saw half of what was available. We used a family-owned share, and planned to consider purchasing our own. HOWEVER, don't be suckered into purchasing a share directly from them. We were "offered" a 2 bedroom unit for something like $22,000 with some outrageous interest rate. (They REALLY didn't appreciate it when I dared ask about the interest rate!) You can routinely purchase equivalent shares on Ebay or other realtor sites for $3,000 to $10,000. I've seen one-week stays sell on Ebay for generally around $500-$600. (What you'd pay in annual maintenance fees anyway) They deviate very little from the standard "timeshare pitch". It's the typical psychological mindgames, guilt trips, high-pressure, word twisting garbage every other timeshares salesperson uses. Their salespeople aren't bright enough to deviate from the script! The salesperson told me I couldn't golf unless I owned a share. (The billboard outside the gate says "golf open to the public") Orange Lake is a GREAT place to stay - just avoid the rabid salespeople at all costs! (The "free lunch" is runny spaghetti, and YOU have to leave a tip. The "free gift" isn't available unless you finish the presentation - i.e. make a purchase.)

Love it! But...

Had a wonderful ti,e at OL the resort has plenty of activities for both Kids and Adults. It is a 10 minute drive to disney and lots of stores and restuarants in the area. The room was a two bedroom villa which was very comfortable. I would have given it an excellent rating but there were some moinor issues. They do not offer many tv channels and the constantly show a documentry about the owner Kemmons Wilson. We were Guests of a current owner, so we had to attend a 90 minute orientation or as I call it a 90 minute sales ptch. The sales rep used all the clitche sales one liners, with the smile on his face and talking fast.
He tried to pretend he was my best friend until I said I was not interested in buying, the he turned into a complete Jerk. Oh well some people like myself would rather do a little research before buying a timeshare, especially whe all OL could offer was a retail price with 15.9% interset rate.

A great place to Visit

We just returned from a 4 day stay at the resort it was wonderful. We read all of the reviews before taking our trip and unless I missed something I didn't see anything negative. The grounds were very well kept, the 2 br villa was immaculate and well stocked with necessary items. The pools were a little far from where we were staying, so I would suggest having a car while staying on the property because they only had one shuttle bus running and it ran every 45 min to an hour.
The property was huge but nothing was overly crowded. I would suggest attending during the off season when the kids are in school and not around a holiday. The sales people are not real pushy to get you to buy a timeshare but of course they would like to sell you on the property.
My overall opinion is it is a nice place to stay, large units, clean, safe and very friendly people. I would love to return here in the near future. I would highly recommend this resort, especially if you have children and need lots of space this is a much better deal than a small hotel room.

wonderful accomodation

I have to say that I have stayed at OL on 2 previous occasions the last one being in October 1999 when I got married. It was a fantastic place, the staff were all very friendly, the accomodation was clean and well maintained, and all the facilities available made the holiday and my wedding very special!. So much so that we are returning next July.

Wonderful Family Vacation

This is a wonderful resort!! We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite in the Legends section..it was incredible. The suite looks just like their website pictures, overlooking the golf course. At night, we could see Magic Kingdom's fireworks from the patio. The kiddie pools are wonderful! We were there Thanksgiving week and had a fabulous time.

We Bought!

We went down to Orlando and stayed at a Days Inn Lakeside and got a really good rate of $35 a night. In the lobby you could get half price tickets to the theme park but you had to go on a Timeshare presentation. We did it. We had some previous interest in timeshares but could not afford them so I spoke w/ my girlfriend and we decided that unless it was a really good deal, we weren't going to buy. Well, we got a good deal. The interest rate was high, like everyone says, but we plan on paying it off quickly. About the resort itself, there is nothing to argue about. It is absolutely georgeous!!! We felt like we were royalty and we stayed there one day to use the facilities and it was spectacular. Even the restaurants (they have 7) were not overpriced at all. I would reccommend going on the tour and holding out until you speak to the second sales rep (the so called manager) if you are really interested in buying. The place is really unbelievable though!

Orlando Holiday Communities

by Elliottr

Hi. My two kids (9 &11), husband and myself are off to Orlando in May for the first time. We have 2 weeks to spend and the flights are booked. Can anyone advise as to the best centre to stay in - we have the offer of a timeshare appartment in Orange Lake (what is that like?) or a villa in Windsor Palms. Can anyone help with the pros and cons of either? We are looking for somewhere good to relax after days at the parks with food nearby so we dont have to cook in too much! The villas seem very close to each other with tiny pools but maybe they would be much better than an appartment at Orange Lake with no private pool...? Thank you for your help.

by kop-queen

We're renting a villa in the Kissimmee area. Last time (8 yrs) we stayed in a hotel on Int'l Drive but it seemed so easy to get around we promised to rent if we ever had the chance to return. Lots of food outlets wherever you look and good value with kids eating free in many restaurants. Picked our villa from the floridasunshine website some of them have big pools and lovely views over lakes, neighbours are sometimes close but very well screened. If we get back before you go I will let you have an update - seems to be easy to find vacancies over April & May so you might consider leaving it late to book. Have fun - I'm sure you will will discover what they mean when they say its "magic"!

by Faiza-Ifrah

i think i may be late in sharing 2 bits, but in any case here i go.

really does not matter. we have stayed both at a resort (sheraton vistana) for luxury and a 3 star hotel (clarion) for economy during our 10 days long trip to orlando last year.

most of the time we (husband, wife, 2 kids aged 11 and 6) were out and about. with all the time spent outside, we neither had the time to use many of the fine resort facilities nor hotel's. since morning till late in the night we were out exploring central florida, so we never returned to the living quarters till we were tired enough.

but may would be warmer than january (although we thought it was even warm in january) so u may consider returning to the living quarters to catch a mid-day nap or something.

all kind of food is readily available everywhere n there would be no need for ur own cooking.

regardz,
faiza.

by kop-queen

Hi, probably too late - you could be there right now! Just returned after 2 very hot weeks, fabulous holiday, stayed in villa at East end of Osceola (the new road). Within 20-30 minutes of all Orlando parks, very easy driving routes. Villa was on a private residential estate, large pool (very welcome after a day in the parks) looked out over lake - could have spent all day there if hadn't been so much to do and see, just watching the herons and ducks. Neighbours either side but screened by bushes etc. Would definitely return if opportunity arose. Have fun!

Comments