3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

2950 Entry Point Boulvard, Kissimmee, Florida, 34741, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Rated 16% higher but also costs 54% more than other 3.5 star hotels

More about Orbit One Vacation Villas

I had a very pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member YORKI

I had a very pleasant stay at Orbit One. We flew to Miami from London and then had a long drive to Kissimmee, so we were very tired when we arrived at about 1am. When I walked into the appartment my first words were "wow, very nice". I checked the whole appartment the next day and was still not disappointed. Everything was clean and in order.

Will be returning

by TripAdvisor Member Wedding_Mania

Stayed in the Orbit one over christmas, after getting passed the custom, come to breakfast, and we will try and sell you a timeshare talk upon arrival, we finally got to the room.
What can I say, the accomodation was fantasic, the bed in the master bedroom was massive, and the double bath, was great after a day in the parks. The Location is much better then the Liki Tiki resort, with shops and resturants within walking distance. Will have no hesitation in going back and staying again. Only negitive is the lack of wireless Broadband, which I believe is on the list of improvements. DVD players were being put into the rooms while we were there.

nice and quiet

by TripAdvisor Member eileendob

The units were nice and roomy but the grounds were more in keeping with a hotel rather than a resort. We have been time share exchanging for 20 years and have seen better but we have also seen much worse. Our unit inside was in very good repair and seemed freshly decorated. We never understood the theming of orbit one as the only reference to "outer space" were the names on the building. We visited their sister resort Liki Tiki village and their decor was much more fitting to the polynesian feel. The kids had fun in the pool and I enjoyed the hot tub and we all had a great time because we were on VACATION!

Spacious, Clean and Convenient!

by TripAdvisor Member Melanie_N_MD

Stayed January 2007 for 9 days and although the weather "sucked" (tornadoes and temperatures in the high 50's) Orbit One Villa made the journey memorable.

The villas are clean and very large! The jacuzzi in the master bedroom is awesome (fits two!) and the natural light that beams into the master bedroom and the glass enclosed bench (also in the Master bedroom) was wonderful. Unfortunately due to the cold weather, we were not able to check out the two pools; but, they looked great from the balcony!

The second bed room has two twin beds along with its own full bath. Kitchen, livingroom and dining room was spacious with bright decor. Three TVs with cable access (master bedroom, second bedroom and living area).

We stayed in the Mecury building and did not hear any street traffic or noise. Disney World is a hop, skip and jump - about 15 minutes away via car.

The villa is also gated for security.

If I had to complain about one thing it would be the lack of internet access. In this age of computers, not having the ability to work on line or respond to emails is very inconvenient. Hopefully management will look into this. Perhaps its Orbit One's way of making sure that you take "vacation." It worked!

All-in-all, I recommend Orbit One for families and couples. Because there are no elevators to the top villas (3rd levels) - senior citizens or persons with disabilities must request lower level villas.

Great stay!

Great Option For Families

by TripAdvisor Member MplsMommy

If you have kids, want some extra space, or just don’t want to live the “Disney Experience” 24-hours a day, you should definitely consider Orbit One for your Orlando vacation.

When we opened the door to our room, my husband (who is pretty hard to impress) just stood there and said “Wow!” Our third floor Neptune unit had a vaulted ceiling and huge windows near the ceiling in both the main living area and in the master bedroom – the place felt very large and airy. (Someone later told us that the 2 bedroom-2 bathroom unit was 1000+ sq. ft.)

Special features of the condo included a full kitchen stocked with utensils, pots, plates, and glassware, a dishwasher, 3 TVs, a DVD player in the living room, a HUGE whirlpool tub in the master bathroom, a screened porch, as well as a washer and dryer right in the unit. Also included were paper towels, dish soap, bar soap, and various other supplies. (Notes: The bar soap melts like ice cream, so you may want to bring your own or buy some at the Walgreen’s down the block. Shampoo is NOT included.)

Despite the fact that the temps were in the mid-50s for the majority of our stay, my daughter and husband took full advantage of the two pools and the whirlpool on the property. The smaller pool by the Saturn building complex was very, very warm so we didn’t have to worry about our daughter’s lips turning blue from the cold air. The other, larger pool was a hit with our preschooler because it had two huge slides. It too was heated, though not as warm as the other pool.

We had two incidents during our stay that required the attention of the maintenance staff: a burnt out light bulb in the bathroom and a fridge that started sounding like it was going to explode on the third day of our stay. Within minutes of alerting the front desk, we had someone at our door to fix the problems.

There were scheduled activities each weekday while we were at the resort: bingo, arts and crafts for kids, a free spaghetti dinner, and a pool party complete with a DJ and prizes.

Special Notes:
Low Season Cost: Though we had to rent a car to get to and from Disney, the combined cost of our huge condo plus the rental car for the week was comparable to what we would have paid if we had stayed in a cramped room at one of Disney’s Value Resorts. One of the big Hotels consolidators had a great deal on the room; many of the other travel sites also had good deals too. When I contacted Island One, the parent company of Orbit One, to see if they would match the price I found on-line, I was told that I should go ahead and book with the consolidator because they always have better deals than Island One can offer. Moral of the story – check out the Island One website for pictures and info, but book your stay via one of the consolidators.

Neptune Building: Some reviewers have commented that they didn’t like staying in Neptune because the rear of the building faces US192 and the traffic was loud. Though we could hear the trucks and cars going by, it certainly wasn’t loud enough to disturb our sleep. In fact, if we return to Orlando in the future, I would probably request to be in Neptune because I would much rather deal with the low hum of traffic and an occasional horn than with the din coming from the pools. (The Neptune building is set off to the north side of the property; all of the other buildings encircle the pools and the tennis courts.) My husband’s parents, who came to Orlando for a two-day visit while we were in town, stayed in the Saturn building – the noise from the pool late in the afternoon and into the evening was very loud and disruptive.

Sales Pitches: We never received any time-share pitches during our weeklong stay, though many of the “snowbird” couples we met complained that the requests to have them attend sales presentations were pretty relentless. (Orbit One’s bribe is to give you $80 if you go to the meeting.)

Location: The resort is southwest of the Disney theme parks; it is less than 2 miles east on US192 to the exit ramp where you turn off of onto Disney property. From that exit ramp, it was less than a mile to the Magic Kingdom parking lot. Total travel time: 15 minutes in the low season. US 192 is definitely a “strip” – it is packed with every hotel and restaurant chain you can imagine and it has plenty of kitschy souvenir shops to check out when you’re not at Disney. There is a Shoney’s right around the corner from the resort – this was an inexpensive option for dinner with our preschooler because kids under 5 eat from the buffet for free with the purchase of an adult buffet.

The Cons: There were a couple of things about Orbit One that I would rate poorly. First, though the front desk staff was quick to respond to problems, I don’t think I ever saw any of them smile in the 8 days we stayed at the resort. I felt like I was intruding when I went up to the desk to ask where I could mail our postcards or where the closest sub shop was. The only people who seemed to enjoy their jobs were the guards at the front gate – they were eager to engage us in conversation when we headed out for the day or walked by on the way home from dinner. They always had smiles on their faces.

Secondly, there were some cleanliness issues in the master bedroom behind the thermal drapes. We didn’t notice it until the last day when we were there – it was chilly and cloudy the whole time we were in “Sunny Florida”, so we had no reason to completely open the drapes. When we were checking all the nooks and crannies to make sure that our daughter didn’t leave behind any prize possessions, I pulled back the curtains and saw what appeared to be mold on the window ledge and frames. The rest of the condo was spotless though – no signs of bug or mold anywhere else.

Fantastic location, spacious condo

by TripAdvisor Member Holidays4me15

We arrived at the resort at nine pm and got checked in swiftly - we were not subjected to any time share speel throughout our 14 days at the resort - although we were invited to several 'parties' by the entertainment representative.

We were on the third floor in Saturn block which was very quiet but not very convenient for transporting suitcases up to (no lifts)
We were all very impressed with the condo - it is huge! Our two boys had a room and bathroom to themselves, we had a huge room with v. large bed and our own en-suite with a spa tub. We found the condo more than big enough for all of us and very clean. Although we were not expecting it, the maid came in and cleaned for us several times. We were able to let the boys go into the heated swimming pool (like getting into a bath) on their own as we could watch them from our balcony, which was a blessing.

Although directly off 192, we were not really bothered by vehicle noise - occasionally you could hear police/fire trucks etc but that was all. After staying on Sth I Drive on our previous visit, we found the location ideal. Just turn left onto the 192 and the main Disney road was just about 2 miles away. We were in and out of Disney within 10-15 minutes most days.

Within a mile along 192 there were plenty of restaurants, grocery stores, chemists etc - really you didn't need to get into your car if you didn't want to!

We would have given this an excellent score but for a few things:-
-the front desk staff were not very helpful at times
-the 4ft x 2ft light in the kitchen fell down, just missing my husband by inches
-the wardrobe door in the 2nd bedroom was broken
-the plug in the spa bath didn't work properly so that you had to keep putting the taps back on to fill up again.
-often no towels by the pool in late afternoon/evening
We considered these items minor in the scheme of things and didn't spoil our enjoyment of the resort at all.

We would definately stay here again and would highly recommend it to anyone travelling with families. Although it is only classed as a 3*, travelling from England I thought that this was more like a 4* class. Hope you enjoy your stay here as much as we did!

Stay Away From This Place!

by TripAdvisor Member disneyfan2007

I do not know who these people are that are writing the good reviews but this place is really the worst.

it is an old resort and not updated at all

There were roaches and ants in my room.

They sent an exterminator .

they moved us out of our room into another

The floor was filthy

Do not be fooled by these good reviews

I think they are people working for the resort trying to get people to come here

Trust me stay away!

Older Resort, not that bad....

by TripAdvisor Member jent128

We stayed here for a week in April. It is an older resort but still nice. The condos themselve are ok, but the floors could be washed in between each guests stay. The main pool by the clubhouse was a hit for our 6yo with the slides. My big problem though was the beds were very uncomfortable. We were staying with others so they had the master bedroom, I'm not sure how the bed was there. But the twin beds in the second bedroom were hard as brick. I tried sleeping on sleeper sofa and that was thin and not very comfortable. It felt like it sloped in towards the middle. I don't belive they wash the floors after each guests stays. My 15 month old had filthy feet every evening after running around the condo. And this was even on the first day so not like we got it dirty. The resort does offer highchairs and cribs but there is a charge. They don't tell you there is a charge when you call to reserve one but when you there they let you know. If I had known there was a charge for these we would of brought our own booster chair. We did at least have our pack and play so we did not have to pay for a crib, so I don't know if it was a full size crib or a pack and play. We never got bothered with having to attend a timeshare info. The resort is sold out but those that own there are offered to atttend an offer to upgrade. Since this is the origanal resort we bought into we were offered and said no thankyou. Was never asked again. If you have children that like to play basketball or play at the playground I would recomend requesting a condo near the basektball court. They do have one section that looks out over the court/playground area so you could stay at your condo and watch your kids. Overall I would stay here again if other resorts did not have availabilty but would not be one of my first choices.

Great Location - Great Large Condo ! Would stay again !

by TripAdvisor Member Disney_MD

Great place to stay ! Very convenient to all Disney World Attractions ! Spacy, clean, except, I would have to agree that the floors were a bit dirty. Since the staff is so friendly and accomodating, I am sure they will correct the problem.

The pool was great, having a 2 1/2 year old, we wished the kiddie pool would have been open, but the slide was a hit for her, only going down with an adult of course.

The grounds were beautiful and kept very very clean. All staff at the front desk and around the grounds, including security at the front gate, were very friendly.

Would love to stay there again ! Had a great time !

The M - Friday complimentary donuts and coffee was a nice gesture. The sitting area was very clean and juice was also offered.

Our 2 1/2 year old loved the little play ground and swing !

It was quiet and located away from all the hustle of traffic and people.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Travelile

We stayed here on a Disney trip. Even if the area around the hotel is kind-of seedy, the property itself is wonderful and off the main road.

We had a huge condo with 2 bedrooms and two baths, a beautiful screened porch off the living room. We were shocked at how nice it was! It is an older property, but a very clean one, and the grounds are lovely (if small). (The intererior furnishings were a bit dated & 1980s looking. Very mauve and blue.)

This is a timeshare property, but other than a call or two we were not bothered with any heavy-sell, which was nice.

We have stayed at Disney on property many times, and this time I am glad we tried something different! Highly recommend it, especially if you have a family and want room to stretch out.

Comments