Ramada Gateway Kissimmee

Orbitz.com Ramada.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• ROOMS ARE NOT SAFE! GOT ROBBED!

The trip started out nice, the room was comfortable and the staff was courteous. While at Disney, our room was broken into and our valuables were stolen. The police officers demonstrated how the outdated locks at this hotel can be opened with a thick piece of paper (like the pizza menus that are slipped through the door twice per day). This in conjunction with the manager's admission that this happens frequently was enough for us to end our trip early. The manager told us that there would be no charge for the room, however, my credit card was charged for the room a few days later. The manager refused to return our calls. This budget hotel cost us THOUSANDS of dollars.

• Ramada Gateway Florida

I had a problem with the check-out time and the tone of the clerk at the front desk. I woke up at 10:50 a.m. and called down to the front desk to verify the check-out time. The clerk told me that it was 10:00 a.m. but I needed to be out of the room by 11:00. I had a few minutes to pack my things and get out. I finally checked out at about 11:10 which was 20 minutes after I woke up. The air-conditioner did not cool the room; it was over 80 degrees all night. We never had access to the West-gate facilities as promised when we booked with West-gate Vacations. The front-desk said we only had access to their property. I suppose I would have had to sign up for a time-share presentation to access the West-gate Property which was not clear when we booked.

• Ramada Gateway Florida

I had a problem with the check-out time and the tone of the clerk at the front desk. I woke up at 10:50 a.m. and called down to the front desk to verify the check-out time. The clerk told me that it was 10:00 a.m. but I needed to be out of the room by 11:00. I had a few minutes to pack my things and get out. I finally checked out at about 11:10 which was 20 minutes after I woke up. We never had access to the West-gate facilities as promised when we booked with West-gate Vacations. The front-desk said we only had access to their property. I suppose I would have had to sign up for a time-share presentation to access the West-gate Property which was not clear when we booked.

• Ramada Gateway Florida

I had a problem with the check-out time and the tone of the clerk at the front desk. I woke up at 10:50 a.m. and called down to the front desk to verify the check-out time. The clerk told me that it was 10:00 a.m. but I needed to be out of the room by 11:00. I had a few minutes to pack my things and get out. I finally checked out at about 11:10 which was 20 minutes. after I woke up. We never had access to the West-gate facilities as promised when we booked with West-gate Vacations. The front-desk said we only had access to their property. I suppose I would have had to sign up for a time-share presentation to access the West-gate Property which was not clear when we booked.

More about Ramada Gateway Kissimmee

Stayed before and will stay again!

Came here during the Hurricane evacuation of Sept 2004 from our home on the east coast! As tough as things were during the September Hurricane Blitz of 4 hurricanes hitting the area they provided the essentials. Came back in December for a family week end visit to Disney with adjoining rooms. Everything was fine!
Breakfast buffet was good ($7 a person) and a great way to start the day off before heading to the parks. If you are looking for a place to just sleep after doing the parks this is a great place for the price.
If you are looking for Disney class accomodations, go to disney or somewhere else! Cost us 219.00 for two rooms for the week end! And we had a ball, using the room to pass out in, and the restaurant for breakfast to get a fast start on the day!

Uncomfortable Beds - Great Handicap Access

We stayed at the Ramada from December 30, 2004 - January 5, 2005. When we got there we had a little problem with the rate we were quoted on the website. We had our paperwork with us from the website so they honored the price. The help at the information desk (for the Disney, Universal and Sea World parks) was more interested in selling you a time share. You can save money on your park tickets if you go to look at there new vacation time share. We got sucked into this once before and its VERY time consuming. They weren’t very knowledgeable or much help. The reason why we stayed at this hotel is because of the handicap accessible rooms. My sister-in-law is in a wheelchair and a room that meets her needs is very important to her. She raved about the room and was very pleased. The beds weren’t the most comfortable and after a L O N G day at the parks sleeping on the hard bed did not end the day well. Although the room was handicap accessible the transportation to the parks was not. There are wheelchair vans (passenger can stay in wheelchair in van) with a different transportation company but not with the company that the hotel offers for the free transportation to and from Epcot. Overall the stay was OK for the price. Communication (language) was a problem with the help at the check-in counter. I have stayed at Disney Resorts before and comparing this hotel to them, I probably will stay at the Disney resorts before staying here again. What caught our attention to this hotel was the fact that they have handicap accessible rooms. Oddly, our last day there, the Pizza/Deli closed down (they say for renovations).

We thought it was nice, overall.

by TripAdvisor Member dolphinslady

Obviously I was hesitant about staying because of the reviews on this board, but we didn't have much choice because most hotels were booked. We stayed in the Inn part and it was nice. Very clean and quiet, considering they said the hotel was booked.

We only paid like $65.xx for the room, which included breakfast for my dh and I and kids eat free with adults. The buffet was great, we thought. Normal items that are on a buffet. The omelet was good, cooked to order and the belgium waffles looked alright too. Worth it, to us.

Overall, we would stay again based on the fact that it was extremely clean, located close to I-4 and away from I-drive, and priced right.

OH - one thing I didn't like was the $5.00 resort fee they added on to the price. Something about Westgate Resorts, saying they ALL charge them. Whatever, that made me mad.

Good Hotel cheap price

by TripAdvisor Member amazine77

I was very happy with the hotel. The beds were a little hard for my liking but overall with two kids ages 6 and 2 it was perfect. We stayed in the Inn part of the hotel and not the tower. We ate breakfast at the buffet every morning and paid 21.00 for breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids. Buffet consist of the usual scramble eggs, bacon, sauage, cereals, toast, muffins, french toast stickes. They will make you an omelet or beligin waffle at no extra charge. Coffee and juice is included. They were very good to us because our two year old is not the quietest kid in the world so we always sat in the back so we wouldn't disturb other guests. There is a nice game room for the kids to play video games. The hotel also makes it own pizza which isn't too bad for florida pizza(sorry spoiled by New York Pizza) and the deli is really nice if you just want to run in a grab a soda or snack. There is also a microwave in the deli part that you can use if you need to heat up cereal for the little one.
They have a shuttle to the parks which is just a mile down 192. What my kids loved about this hotel is the pool. It was very clean and nice and heated which came in handy during our stay in Feb. Also, I want to thank the hotel for the quick response for the air. We checked in and the air condition wasn't working. The air wasn't cold. I placed the called and the mainetenace was knocking on my door not even 5 mins later. I was beyond shocked! That was our only bump in the road during our week long stay.
Also, I called the hotel directly and they gave me a better price than hotels. I wasn't expecting the world when I booked the hotel, I just wanted a nice pool for the kids and a clean room and got it.

The breakfast,the pool, the staff,location and the price were excellent!
The beds were so-so.

Great Family Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member CanadaCat

Family of four stayed for 7 nights, great value, clean rooms, pleasant and helpful staff. Great location and very close to everything. Security gate, heated pool, grounds were clean and well landscaped. Restaurant offered great buffet breakfast and nice pizza/snack bar. It is a 3 star hotel, and based on this rating it scores a 10 in the 3 star hotel category. Please remember that it is important to review a hotel/motel based on the star rating, in order for your review to accurately reflect what should be expected based on the rating.This hotel meets or exceeds all the standards expected when booking a 3 star hotel/motel. We will definitely stay there again next year.

Good hotel for the money

We just returned from staying at the Ramada Inn Gateway and I have to admit that it was a great hotel for the money. My wife and two small children stayed for 5 nights at the Inn part and for the very low rate I booked on the internet we can't complain. The only problem we encountered was when we checked in the room they gave us the door latch was broken and couldn't be secured. I went to the front desk and they gave us another room without questions. The housekeeping service was excellent and we received great service. The staff picked up all of my kids messes in the room, brought more than enough towels and the room was always very clean. Just remember that it is a 3 star hotel and that it is in a very touristy and competitive area. It is not luxury or full of amenities but it has two great pools (one heated) and the kids loved it. Very conveniently located if you are visiting Disney and right in the middle of several restaurants, supermarket and convenience stores. Is a great value for the money. If you are looking for large pools and manicured service this is not for you. If you want a comfortable room, convenient location, great value this is a great deal.

Not horrible for $49

by TripAdvisor Member suzier

We stayed here for $49. We decided to visit Disney on a whim, and they had rooms available. Our room was right next to the pool, which was ok ( towels provided), but noisy when it was time to sleep. Check in and out was easy, no wait. It is a typical 1970's hotel, but not horrible. Yes, the walls needed painting, but the carpet was OK, and the bed's were OK. It was only $49, and all we did was sleep there for one night, so it was worth the money we paid. If you want a luxury hotel with a lot of amenities, then go some where else. It was VERY difficult to get to coming from Disney ( we had to turn, do a U-turn, and cut through a parking lot). I will stay here again next week for another quick, last minute trip to Disney.( This time I will pay 15% less, as the hotel gave me a coupon when I checked out last time.)

good value for family of 4.

For the price it was a good value. Very convenient to all the sights. Good choice of eateries for families. Skip the deli at the hotel. Either the staff didn't want to prepare anything or the equipment didn't work. We didn't spend much time at the hotel but when we did we slept well. We had to ask for towels and coffee to be resupplied but not a problem when we asked.

Hooray for Ramada

by TripAdvisor Member OriginalMutt

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in late August, 2005. It was a wonderful experience. The room was very clean and comfortable. Every member of the staff we had contact with were friendly, personable and helpful. The hotel itself had a mini-resort feel.
Restaurants, bars, and activities on site, were excellent. The amenities were first class. We booked via internet and the follow-up and confirmation process through Westgate was refreshing. We enjoyed our short stay and wished we had booked more time at this place. We absolutely loved it. Could hardly wait to write this review.

booked for 14 nights, stayed for one.

by TripAdvisor Member Carrottop

Could not get away from this dump quick enough. First impressions were very nice in the hotel lobby, but the room was dirty, dusty, untidy, and very very bare. Two beds and six drawers, one chair at the table. No wardrobe, just a pole. Even the walls were bare. Beds were also very badly stained, yuck!!!
The bathroom was very smelly and the sink plug had to be removed with a knife as the plunger was broken. The coffee maker too, was also broken. On reporting this we had a replacement quick enough, but it was dirty and had dead insects in it, the worker who brought it did tell us that it needed a clean, that was nice of him, eh?
We checked out as soon as we could after just one night, don't think we will be rushing back to it.

storefront Kissimmeestorefront Kissimmee

mickeymickey

Electric sockets

by mlfg100

Hi,
I'm staying at the ramada gateway, kissimee, in June. I'm hoping someone out there can help me? i need to now if the wall sockets are 2 or 3 pin? I have a voltage converter to be able to use my uk appliances in the states but i'm unsure about the sockets themselves. If anyone has stayed there, can you reply? maybe all hotel rooms are the same??? I'd much appriciate anyones help.

by johnaalex

I doubt if your hotel is any different from most others in the USA in that there will just be the usual 2 flat pin sockets. Soem hotels, such as Marriotts do have UK style sockets in addition to the US standard 2 flat pins but it is best to work on the assumption that these are not available.

Regards

John

by balfor

Almost all sockets in the US are going to be 3 pin. There will be the two parallel prongs and a third round pin that is a ground. Most items only need the two prongs and not the third ground. That is there for safety reasons.

by LambsOnTheLoose

You will definitely need the voltage converter for most of your appliances while traveling in the U.S.
The sockets here accept prongs that are completely different from UK and continental pins.
The standard used to be two flat, parallel blades/prongs of the same size. However, in anything accept old buildings you'll need to have an adaptor that will take two flat, parallel blades where one is larger than the other, and a third prong that's round and acts as the "ground". (BTW, our sockets aren't recessed.)
See the bullet points on this page:

Cheers!

RE: RE: Electric sockets

by HarmoniousBotch

A voltage converter may not be enough. The electricity differs not only in voltage but also frequency. Here in the US we use 60 hertz. In most of Europe you use 50 hertz.
This is not a problem for simple appliances. A hair dryer will work, even though it's fan may spin 20% faster. A battery charger may run a bit hot, but not enough to worry about.
Complex electronics, like computers and TVs probably will not work.

Comments